What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse 2012

D

DU420

Doublejj you might have to change your username to greenhouse guru :)
Sorry to keep clogging up your thread with questions but what are the cages for? I've checked other threads and only answer i could find was to keep animals away but since its in your back yard I don't see any wildlife.

doublejj

Veteran
I have already started weekly spraying with Azatrol.
Come flowering time, I'll pin-up the sunscreen so moths can't get in.
I just didn't close things up well enough last season.

Good luck
doublejj

Cringer76

When the Mesh sides are down how is heat in your Greenhouse? I have pretty much the same set up as you do and its way hotter inside seems like the plastic top is radiating so much heat and with the mesh cuts the wind back alot to.

Like today its gonna be 98 im sure it will be around 108 in my greenhouse even with 2 fans.
Any tips to cool it or just let it be?

doublejj

Veteran
Thanks guy's
Cringer if you can get away with opening up the mesh, do it. You really don't need it for moths until flowering time. Just open up 1 or 2 sides if you can.
If it's still too hot, you can throw sunscreen over the top, & cover it. That will help alot.
Good luck

doublejj

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Oh ya! I 1st saw your monsters browsing youtube and then later saw that youre a member here at ICMag. Im really happy to catch this grow from the very beginning. Your grows are awe inspiring. cheers

Black Plum

awesome setup! growing in a greenhouse like that obviously has its benefits. huge plants. will definitely come back to see your progress.

doublejj

Veteran
Update

Update

Time for an update.
Things are progressing well. I'm feeding once a week with Maxsea 15-15-15 & epsom salt for extra mg. I'm spraying with Azatrol each week.
The 2 Medijuana's are wanting to flower. I've had the lights on them & they still are showing flowers. It's touch & go right now, they may just continue now that the days are getting shorter. I was hoping they would get bigger first.
The others are all doing well. Here's how they look today

doublejj

Attachments

• 6-24-2012 greenhouse 004.jpg
    6-24-2012 greenhouse 004.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 11
Looking GREAT doublejj!

Don't feel bad about the 2 trying to flower. I have had 2 that refused to go back completely and been trying since they were 5-6 leaf cuttings, but were the only ones i could find around the end of April. I have found that this flowering is a serios problem with high percent Sativas and i don't understand exactly why. Sativas that i grew from seeds (about 25 years ago) never did this so i think it might have to do with the timing of when the cuttings are taken in the original plants' cycle??? I also noticed that most autoflowers are sativa dominate...I would love to get some of your thoughts from your experiences on this.

I have a question about the lights. When do you plan on turning them off and let the girls flower? I re-read 2011 and couldn't figure out what we decided. Your coment was to take them down on 6-21...I think that may be early for mine. I am caught between July 1st and the 15th. The 2 trying to flower are @ 40" and the other 4 between 32" & 36". The laws don't let us sell to disspenseries in Colorado so more than about 3 Lbs is a waste for me, but every nerve i have wants to get monsters like you, and i want to find the perfect purple flower before i die. One of your Medijuana plants and that white grape realy make me jelous of the strain selection you have.
Take care and keep up the great work.

Added 6-28; DoubleJJ, I added more pics and better descriptions (for last year) in my photo album. Let me know if you can get them open. I show how the solexx roof came out in it.

Last edited:

Growcephus

Veteran
If you look closely at the top of the picture, you can see something on the roof of the carport.

Look...

You see it?

No?

Its....FEAR!!!

The carport KNOWS those little babies are going to punch a hole RIGHT through the roof!

HOVAH2.0

hey DJJ, Very nice and clean setup you have. I just arrived in NorCal, bay area, you are what im striving to become; own a house and do my thing...
have you ever thought of trying DWC outside, i figure with your low plant count that your could give it more attention and prob. better yeild, faster growth..

doublejj

Veteran
Thanks guy's
Cringer, I'm a little behind last season (on purpose). Things got out of hand. I'm hoping these end up a little smaller

I've never tried DWC, I'm a dirt guy

doublejj

DoubleJJ,

I have a giant favor to ask of you. Would you PLEASE go over some of the watering choices you have built. I am finding that about another month i will not have enough room to get around in my small GH. I need to build up a cheap way to water with-out squashing the girls while i am at it. There are tons of ideas around this site but that just seems to get me more confused...