What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse 2011

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Great to see you and Molly at it again! That Man Lift may take the budget over $50 a lb., but it looks pretty cool ;)

:joint:

thanks double j is it the 6mill or the 4mill jus wondering cause the guy at farmtek said the 6mill looks creamy but lets 92% light in so I might order a 20x40 and a 20x30 pieces for my two flea market pole green houses.I also order 40% white fabric from gemplers for the walls was that a good idea what percent does your walls let in since i live in galt im like 20 mins from sacramento so Im wondering whats your take on how the summer is in one of these is 40% enough ventilation and light thanks for all the help double j

doublejj

Veteran
Heay Mark, did you see my earlier worm farm post? From Galt? Your fabric should work great. The stuff I bought was 6mil 92% clear film, Sunmaster brand.

Thanks everyone, more updates soon.

peace
doublejj

Yea i did I stoped by the guy wasnt in the lady showed me the prices though but have you heard of galt rock they have a great mushroom compost and 50/50 planting mix im using for some pots been told by friends it can go threw the whole harvest with just water im also using tom hills big plant mix im doing 200 gallons also using the gauno tea mix in the organics for beginners thread Ill probally head back over there to pick up a few bags for my teas thanks again

doublejj

Veteran
Post Op! It's all good!

Post Op! It's all good!

I had a little unfinished business from last season, knee surgery!
Just got home from the hospital. I had my ACL & Meniscus repaired. You can see my surgeon's signature in pen, on my knee, under the bandage.

Should be back on my feet in a few days & can get on with this season.

Do you think my HMO would have denied my surgery if they knew I fell off the ladder in my Ganja garden? lol! Pay your health premiums, saved me a fortune!

peace
doublejj
attachment.php

Attachments

• 5-10-11 Post Op 003.jpg
    5-10-11 Post Op 003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
E

Eatatjoes

I'm glad to see things went well with you knee. It looks like your woman is taking good care of you, much respect to her. :tiphat:

I

In~Plain~Site

Ahh hell brother, don't go rushing back to full-duty...us 'seasoned' cats need a lil more down-time to mend :)

Hope you're feeling better soon :tiphat:

doublejj

Veteran
Yes she is taking very good care of me, she also happens to be an RN

peace
doublejj
P.S. The only problem is that because she is an RN, she won't let me whine around about my knee too long, she'll want me to start exercizing it as soon as possible. Oh why did I ever send her to school? lol!

doublejj

Veteran
They're in!

They're in!

I finally got all the plants plugged-in. A friend came over & helped.

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 5-16-11 plugged in! 004.jpg
    5-16-11 plugged in! 004.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
  • 5-16-11 plugged in! 006.jpg
    5-16-11 plugged in! 006.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20

TB Gardens

Veteran
ugggh that picture of you laid up in bed brought back some memories! i've had multiple ACL & meniscus surgeries over the years. the damn thing still isn't right ;\ i probably am due for another one, something has been wrong in there for the past few years. don't skimp out on your PT!

the green house looks great, wish i was in there watching them ladies grow from my lawn chair, lol. can't wait til there is no room to walk in there!

Endur

Veteran
Nice to see the fine girls in the ground doublejj.
Take it easy on your knee, and watch them girls take off.
peace
Endur

doublejj

Veteran
Physical Therapy OMG!

Physical Therapy OMG!

I think the Physical Therapist I have, received her training at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. The only thing this lady was missing was a car battery & some jumper cables!

peace
doublejj

Very cool setup. Not sure how you get away with the stink factor, but it looks like fun. It really is a different world in Norcal huh? I'm pulling up a chair.

Glad to see you got them planted. They look better than mine did when i transplanted them out-side over the weekend. Wish i was close enough to you to come help you with the chores...nothing like first hand experience to teach better than reading and trying on my own.

I hope you get healed up real fast and keep us posted on your status as well as the plants.

I have to go in Tuesday to have half, or up to all, of my right lung removed. Hope i can bounce back as quickly as you are.

My poor plants were really getting crammed in the grow cabinet. Since it is only 30"x30" the bottom half of each of them (5plants) had a lot of lighter colored leaves because there wasn't enough light getting to them. Just 2 days of sun and most are darkening up nice. A mistake while getting the Hawiian out of the old pot tore about 2/3 of it's roots up. Might be a while till it bounces back. It was the main one trying to flower on me, so maybe it will turn out as an aid to getting it back on vegging.

Now i have to trust my brother to get the watering done right while i am in the hospital. Luckily i haven't seen any signs of a heat wave hitting us so hopefully he will only have to water once while i spend about 5 days in the hospital. They seem to have stopped trying to flower so maybe the slow time while reveging will work out around my recovery.

I seriously doubt that i will be getting any real trees this year. Makes me more anxious to see yours and learn how to get things right for next year. Maybe you can give me enough advice to squeeze around a pound of bud from each plant. If that works out i will invest in getting a larger green house (on soil instead of concrete) going in time for next year.

Think i should have waited till almost March to start them given my small indoor area??? I hope 45 gallon tubs are large enough to get at least good bushes out of these. You can see some pics if you click on my name and go to albums.

I think the PT might be hard on you since the day you graduate is the day you get a good kick in on her...LOL. That was the way it worked in karate class.

Take care and good luck.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your knee.

I know your pain. I had double open knee surgery a few years back. Rehab sucks.

Looking great in here!

doublejj

Veteran
Lights!

Lights!

I put up a string of lights so I can add a few hours of day time. They come on at 3:00am-7:00am.

peace
doublejj
P.S. My knee is feeling much better now, but I have another PT appointment on Fri :eek::

Attachments

• 5-19-11 Lights 001.jpg
    5-19-11 Lights 001.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12
D

Durdy

nice, What kind of lights are those?
I was thinking about doing the same with christmas lights

doublejj

Veteran
Temp lights

Temp lights

I bought a string of these temp lights at Home Depot. I put a bunch of 60w bulbs in.

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• Temporary-Lighting-String-22420192629.jpg
    Temporary-Lighting-String-22420192629.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 12