What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costa Rica - Puntarenas/San Jose

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been many times, the caribe and pacific side.

Caribe is a bit violent at present but it's a great place to go, good waves in winter.

Jaco is awesome, lol. Definitely a party destination, I go there everyti e I go south.

I personally like just south of the Hermosa break. Tamer waves for me. Esterillos south of there is very nice, real quiet and good surf.
Barranca has a left that goes forever, dirty water but a great break.
If ya surf don't miss Pavones, way south but a left that if ya go and go, take ya a hr to walk back, lol.

As for smoke, there's lots of great indoor to be had, just have to know someone there. Otherwise swag from guys on the street.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
We found some Nicaraguan kids who hustled weed for us in San Jose, pretty good weed too and the price wasn't bad. But San Jose was kind of a bummer, mcdonalds and pizza huts and shit like that around every corner, and fucked up expensive. Can't recommend, go to Panama or Nicaragua instead, both were better. Pura vida my ass.