What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Corinto, The Landrace Team Seeds/ Colombian Landraces

blondie

I’ve been hitting all three plants now and I’m growing fond of them. My runt cola is the best. Hits quite hard and good taste.

Lessons learned I would say flower short and close to the light as has been said earlier. I needed higher N for some reason, more than the hybrids I grew.

StickyBandit

I’ve been hitting all three plants now and I’m growing fond of them. My runt cola is the best. Hits quite hard and good taste.

Lessons learned I would say flower short and close to the light as has been said earlier. I needed higher N for some reason, more than the hybrids I grew.
I'm glad you're enjoying it (y) , what bud structure would you say is best? I'm deciding which clones to keep after the seeds drop, was thinking of keeping the two with less pistils and large calyxes, they also had the biggest trichomes, what do you think?

Piff_cat

Since I got no males with my Corinto pack I had to introduce new blood, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities!
#4 plant's seeds are about ready, looks like ~1,000+
My Corinto #4 x Alpine Haze 1.0 from @Stoneguru
Here they are with the proud father I call Frosty Boy! This should be an excellent pairing considering the male terpene profile :D

View attachment 18971207 View attachment 18971208
This male is insane I bet you find a lot of special plants in there. I find the no serration males pass on long flowering with extra early stalkless trikes. They're filled with CBC and sesquiterpenes

StickyBandit

This male is insane I bet you find a lot of special plants in there. I find the no serration males pass on long flowering with extra early stalkless trikes. They're filled with CBC and sesquiterpenes
Thanks for the comment, nice observation (y)
I think/hope you are correct, samples of this male's line have been tested to show near zero Terpinolene with Myrcene at the top and Ocimene #2 so it doesn't bulldoze any unwanted terps into the progeny

Piff_cat

Thanks for the comment, nice observation (y)
I think/hope you are correct, samples of this male's line have been tested to show near zero Terpinolene with Myrcene at the top and Ocimene #2 so it doesn't bulldoze any unwanted terps into the progeny
Oh man that is an excellent trait to concentrate on. It seems once terpinolene gets in hard to get back out. And ocimene level is single most important quality imo. It gives a euphoric energy effect, lingers in air, it's been shown to increase trichome size and can even be sensed as aerial alarm pheromone to increase terpene production. I'm thinking about putting some in my humidifier to mimic alarm

It's risky enough importing once and using the payment methods required. I tried to do a repro and didn't get any males, why would I spend a couple of days wages to take the risk again when I have the strain? I'm moving on, sorry if it upsets you :)
Sorry, I was trying to be helpful. Please don't be offended. I have a batch of my own going.