What's new

Copycat 4k vertical stadium

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Nicely done. Very professional looking.

I noticed the panda-poly over what looks like a window or door. I hope that its well sealed up so no light gets in.

Hopefully the lower levels wont stretch so much as to blockout the upper levels.

solarz

Security First...i'm wondering why you didn't space your shelves further apart? I'm no vert expert...but my sense tells me that it would be more beneficial to have the bottom row of plants top out from their stretch at just the level the upper row is putting out flowers? From the looks of things..you're going to have to do some trimming towards the bottoms of the upper rows of plants b/c the bottom plants will overlap that area. I thought that was defeting the purpose of vert growing?

I'm about to set up a vert tent, but i was planning on having the shelves spaced out to where when the plants stop stretching...you will ONLY be able to see plant material...and no pots (b/c the pots will be covered by the row of plants below them) I hope that makes sense?

solarz

Securityfirst

Small fry I measured, the light is 18 inches from top of front row.

Mr C ,, behind that poly wrap is insulation. All light leaks including power strip lights and such are covered, taped , great stuffed etc..

Solarz that does make sense. I have the rows on cinderblocks so they are adjustable. I rearrange things as the plants make requests. i have a hands on approach to the girls. Too many issues lol. I am not a set it and forget it guy. Also in 2 gallon pots im hoping there is not too much stretch on the GDP side, the green crack side im kinda worried.

Oh and big update !! I went in there yesterday and burned my forehead on a bulb. I have a moderate burn..

Right now the room is maxing out at 88 degrees and 1600 ppm co2.

The summer is going to be a challenge unless i get a bigger ac.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Hey security, after doing vertical for a while, I highly suggest getting multiple pairs of sunglasses and layering them, or turning the lights off when you work. I have permanent eye damage and now need glasses from the experiences I've had.

The burns... ya they happen. It sucks, but wearing a sweatshirt or two with the hoods on and long pants helps a lot. I have never burned myself since doing that.

choch

Ouch!! Hope that isn't too serious. Must be kind of hard to explain what happened.

Nice show you have going. :)

Securityfirst

Hey security, after doing vertical for a while, I highly suggest getting multiple pairs of sunglasses and layering them, or turning the lights off when you work. I have permanent eye damage and now need glasses from the experiences I've had.

The burns... ya they happen. It sucks, but wearing a sweatshirt or two with the hoods on and long pants helps a lot. I have never burned myself since doing that.

Wow dude. I cant believe that shit. The sacrifice!!

I need a 2nd burn before i change my daily routine. ha ha

But yeah im a goof so that is some solid advice. Dont need to be burning an eye or anything.

Mr. Stinky

i use box fans blowing across the lights, and shut them off when i go in. i put 2 regular sockets on the ceiling ran off a little switch outside the room. i dont go in with the 1k's on, nor do i look at them. they are as intense to your eyes as the sun. shut those lights off before you go in there:hide:

LIFEISGOOD

Funny chit

Funny chit

LOL!

Nice bro! I love it when folks can laugh at themselves. Sorry about the burn.

I can just hear you now telling the story.... Whats that smell? -Then stuck to my face. - Uhh yeah about that, my umm girl friend had this curling iron.

*mistress*

Veteran
nice!

maybe permit bulbs ability to go up & down... to stagger lights maybe 45* diag line. aligned w/ ea row. ie, bulbs not @ same height.
to stagger the angles of the lights. the plants on bottom row the light may grow shorter/suffer, if not... maybe.
1 mh per every 2 hps:yes:. denser, more colorful final fruit.

have fun! enjoy your garden!

I'm amazed at the cost of these light sockets only 30 dollars each.

Was just wondering what you meant by this? How do you have them wired?

Securityfirst

nice!

maybe permit bulbs ability to go up & down... to stagger lights maybe 45* diag line. aligned w/ ea row. ie, bulbs not @ same height.
to stagger the angles of the lights. the plants on bottom row the light may grow shorter/suffer, if not... maybe.
1 mh per every 2 hps:yes:. denser, more colorful final fruit.

have fun! enjoy your garden!

So your saying to add in two mh bulbs?

That is a good idea but i cant do it until i get a bigger AC. The 18000 split ac is not enough for the 4 bulbs and co2 burner.

Shroom dude -- the sockets are 30 a piece, the bulbs and ballasts are extra..

*mistress*

Veteran

That is a good idea but i cant do it until i get a bigger AC. The 18000 split ac is not enough for the 4 bulbs and co2 burner.
2 hp+2 mh:yes:
if not thru out, @ last 2-4 wks...

conversions work, too. on hps ballast.
maybe sunmastr makes them (hps>mh)...
though cheapo 4-5 kelvin, +, if mh bal.
just different final fruit...

bulbs @ slightly diff heights also, +.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
MH will reduce your yields. Do not bother, we know this isn't grown for personal usage.

There is some evidence that the UV put out from MH will increase tric production, this will be your only benefit. Otherwise you will get smaller buds... its not worth it.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Sorry for double post, but instead of purchasing a larger AC unit, you should get a water cooled Co2 burner... I believe they're about $300-$400.

Generally, its 4000btu per 1000w, so you have an extra 2000btu for your normal local environment and the co2 burner. I believe the water cooled will work for you.

*mistress*

Veteran
MH will reduce your yields. Do not bother, we know this isn't grown for personal usage.

There is some evidence that the UV put out from MH will increase tric production, this will be your only benefit. Otherwise you will get smaller buds... its not worth it.
yi*ld is only one varible in final fruit. that is a quantitative variable...
fruit quality also has aroma, color, taste, texture & terrior as variables...

MH Lighting For Entire Grow?

metal halide GROW LIGHTS for FLOWERING CYCLE

lots of data & pov in these threads... hope this helps.

enjoy your garden!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Shroom dude -- the sockets are 30 a piece, the bulbs and ballasts are extra..

brother, dont ever take mistress's advice. she gives the most fucked, misinformation on this whole website, many people know this already.
if you want more of a blue spectrum, go with the sunpulse bulbs if your running digital ballasts. this bulbs smack some serious ass! heath robinson uses them to achieve 2+ gpw.

Securityfirst

Sorry for double post, but instead of purchasing a larger AC unit, you should get a water cooled Co2 burner... I believe they're about $300-$400.

Generally, its 4000btu per 1000w, so you have an extra 2000btu for your normal local environment and the co2 burner. I believe the water cooled will work for you.

That is a good idea to get the water cooled co2 burner. Ive tryed to research and there is only so much information on how good they are. Ive heard good reviews from growers though. Hopefully the handyguy can install. Wish i had one now.I can also get a 2.5 or 3 ton from excelair or whoever. Hell I'll build one myself. Not.

If the other non vert room had a song it would be "im going through changes". Its really just a matter of time when it is going to happen. What with all the moola sunk into it and all the other issues of rearranging a three tray 6 to 8k room into another vert stadium. It takes research , money , time , privacy etc. The main issue is getting the trays out, they are 4 by 8 and i blocked the door off.:dunno:

Securityfirst

brother, dont ever take mistress's advice. she gives the most fucked, misinformation on this whole website, many people know this already.
if you want more of a blue spectrum, go with the sunpulse bulbs if your running digital ballasts. this bulbs smack some serious ass! heath robinson uses them to achieve 2+ gpw.

Thats my wife bro! no jk

Sunpulse bulbs? cool . I use hortilux now. I have the retard ballasts. Was kinda broke when I started.

Going to look at the vert threads again. Im trying to get all info into my head because after a while the trays do get boring. The yields get better and stuff but in this new vert stadium all the plants get really covered in light. I mean it is really bright in there. It was just such a project for a lot of peeps to get the trays in there and convert. But ill get a wild hair up my ass one of these days and probably sawzall the trays out of there. I have 100 sour grape clones and i imagine them as plants in the trays with hoods or in a vert stadium with 6 bare bulbs hanging or three 2k cooltubes and i most def wanna go vert or vert stadium in that room.

Thanks everyone for stopping in.

Latest posts

Latest posts