What's new

Cops put brakes on marijuana mobile dispensary

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
The first thing people see when they step into a converted 1985 Pace Arrow motorhome in Norco is a glass display case filled with chocolate-covered cannabis cookies and medical marijuana labeled "blueberry" and "cheese."
Entrepreneurs are always coming up with some new idea, that's what makes this country so wonderful! Creativity! Originality!

This enterprising couple from Northern California came up with a brilliant idea, a logical extension of a 'delivery service.' Use a motor home and not only deliver, but offer an assortment upon arrival!

The collective has been on the road for seven months, but this month its operators were cited by Norco and Corona police for possessing drug paraphernalia and operating a dispensary, said Stewart Hauptman and his wife, Helen Cherry, who run the collective.

The couple plans to contest the citations and challenge zoning laws in the two cities that ban dispensaries.

The motorhome collective is parked at the center of a legal debate over whether municipalities have the authority to ban collectives despite a state law that permits them. Medical marijuana became legal for medicinal use in 1996, and municipalities are permitted to regulate them. But legal experts disagree over whether cities can ban them.

Legal experts are watching a state appeals case filed against Anaheim by the Qualified Patients Association. The association argues that the city cannot ban a collective because it conflicts with state law, said Kris Hermes, spokesman for Americans for Safe Access, a patient-advocacy group in Oakland.

Cherry said her August 2008 experience filling a medical marijuana recommendation for chronic back pain in Los Angeles led her and Hauptman to open the nonprofit Lakeview Collective.
The clinic she went to was less than appealing, she said.

"The paint was coming off the walls and (there were) bars on the windows and no medical equipment to be found. I was like, what the heck is this? This doesn't look legitimate," said Cherry, 60.

Six weeks later, she teamed up with two physicians to open Serenity Medical Evaluations in Norco, where recommendations are written.

Patients then join the Lakeview Collective to purchase the medical marijuana. The collective has about 700 members from the Inland area and as far away as Las Vegas, Cherry said.

"We really want to take care of patients. We're not looking for the 18-year-old stoners," Cherry said. "We have people coming in wheelchairs, in walkers."
Read the full story here.

C

CANNATOPIA

Wishing them the best of luck. Patients need their meds! Tis a shame they have ta go through this.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
hmm I know someone that wants to sell a good RV... maybe I should look into buying it now.

if you were part of a gardening collective (regardless of MMJ) and the members had a delivery service sort of like meals-on-wheels but for the produce, I dont see how that would be illegal, therefore why should a mobile MMJ collective be?

215forLife

An ice cream truck playing sublime, bob marley, los marijaunos, snoop & dre, bob dylan, and other stoner music would be awesome. They could have medicated ice cream too.

But man fuck those pigs sue the fuck out of them there is nothing illegal if everyone has a reccomendation and fills out right paperwork.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
An ice cream truck playing sublime, bob marley, los marijaunos, snoop & dre, bob dylan, and other stoner music would be awesome. They could have medicated ice cream too.

But man fuck those pigs sue the fuck out of them there is nothing illegal if everyone has a reccomendation and fills out right paperwork.

i used to buy weed from an ice cream truck driver lol :joint:
ArcticBlast

J

JackTheGrower

Oh man I love Cheech and Chong!

What is the problem with mobile service? I like that idea...

If they cruze down the street playing Led Zepplin instead of that "Ice Cream music" I'd perk up and run to the truck just like a kid! If they have Snicker ice cream bars too well that's a bonus!

Maybe some Cheech singing the "Beaners" song? Maybe some Frank Zappa?

Well we have an interesting situation and I hope we get the last laugh in November.

What cases are pending on the Bans.. I mean banning a dispensary and going after citizens like they are dealers is what happens in Stanislaus county so I am curious of what cases are pending.. After all I have a few thousand seeds to share here!

est1977

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we made icmag.com news!!!!!!!!!!
I work for Serenty medical , with them and hes not driving it around. He parks outside their medical evaluation clinic 2xs a week 2-3 hours those Days only. ALL OF THE PATIENTS ARE OVER 50 AND SEVERELY ILL .Most of them use walkers and canes.that's clearly the case if you visit They are a none profit and we are paid salaries. They are in Full compliace of the law and pay taxes!!!!