What's new

Cops at the door!!! Damn never thought I would post this

JointOperation

dumb shit man.. the best thing to do .. is grab your house keys.. lock up.. go out your back door.. and go talk to him.. period.. he could just be looking for witnesses to someone robbing your neighbors.. or he could be onto you.. but know that if he had shit on you.. your door woulda been kicked in.. not knocked on..

next time.. lock the house.. and walk around and talk to him. period.. then u don't gotta be paranoid for the next month thinking your getting busted.

and yes.. keeping on good terms with neighbors is a must.. honestly.. having neighbors like you is always a great thing

B

BrnCow

Stash the keys before you go around...excuse: just locked myself out..have to call a locksmith to get in...

merc500

only one knocking chill, more than two knocking get a change of underwear quick .maybe someday soon that part is over ? after 45 long years

morningdewd

its a lesson to never panic what looks like imminent demise can be an illusion .1994 I had a 3 car garage in cali with one of them blown out(in those days) with 4- 1000 watters and a 800 watt veg in my walk in closet in house,pulled up one afternoon and 2 Crown Victorias (undercover cars )and 3 patrol units were parked in front of my house .both undercover officers had green raincoat type jackets on with a marijuana leaf logo and the words drug enforcement on the backs and badges hanging like medallions from around there necks.one of them had shoulder length hair and a long beard.there were standing in my front yard approximetly 40 ft. from my grow,as I came around the corner and saw this and panicked ....fight or flight..???neither I was cooked ,I pulled in my driveway,turned off the car and got out,nowbody moved or said a word.....finally the one bearded undercover cop looked at me and said "you got a problem?"Im like "yeah whats going on ?"he says "don't worry about it get in the house" ..."ugh ok"....there were using the area as a staging point for a search warrant on a local Hession biker down the street.

You dont have to open up or let them inside. If they wanted to bust you they would already have kicked your doors in with a warrant. If they knock on my door I never open up for them simply because I don't want to.

nukklehead

its a lesson to never panic what looks like imminent demise can be an illusion .1994 I had a 3 car garage in cali with one of them blown out(in those days) with 4- 1000 watters and a 800 watt veg in my walk in closet in house,pulled up one afternoon and 2 Crown Victorias (undercover cars )and 3 patrol units were parked in front of my house .both undercover officers had green raincoat type jackets on with a marijuana leaf logo and the words drug enforcement on the backs and badges hanging like medallions from around there necks.one of them had shoulder length hair and a long beard.there were standing in my front yard approximetly 40 ft. from my grow,as I came around the corner and saw this and panicked ....fight or flight..???neither I was cooked ,I pulled in my driveway,turned off the car and got out,nowbody moved or said a word.....finally the one bearded undercover cop looked at me and said "you got a problem?"Im like "yeah whats going on ?"he says "don't worry about it get in the house" ..."ugh ok"....there were using the area as a staging point for a search warrant on a local Hession biker down the street.

Had something similar happen... long story... I call those stories underwear changers.....

JointOperation

when people avoid the cops.. thats when they become suspicious.. what i prefer.. is. id lock the front and back.. grab my keys.. walk out the back door.. and come out like you were in the back. and ask whats up..

if they had a warrant or real evidence of a grow.. theyd kick the door in..

so theres a chance they are just looking for someone. or someones house was broken into.. and they wanted to see if you saw anything..

hope all goes well .. dont want anyone to get busted..

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You should have come out the back and confronted him and said something like"fuck you scared the shit out of me, thought you were my girlfriends ex". Would have covered for any nervousness from you. And put the cop at ease. Like was said no warrant or he would have been in already.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Woke up to a crash, and red lights flashing all around, at the back of the property, where my apartment was. Right over 4+ rooms of pot. A car had crashed into the back fence flying through the property from the front, passing the main house where my partner and his Father stayed.. Car crashed 5 feet from the corner of the building housing myself and all the rooms. My partner did not listen to me about the loud fans, and this could prove a problem. Cops were all over, a drunk white girl driving and her pants down Af-Amer BF, stumbling about.. Her screaming/crying to someone on her phone. 3am.

Nothing ever happened.. Until I was long gone, back out west, about a year and a half later. The place was ransacked and ripped blind - all four rooms. And the equipment. Cops..? Someone knew the 4 digit combination at the door, so probably not. Dude's family was very well connected in the area... Probably some very ballsy thieves, who had worked for him before, trimming or some such. There was already an attempt made to break in at another property I worked, on someone else's land. They were losers, and I was against working with them. He had way to many people doing various tasks - another thing He didn't listen to Me about, and another reason I moved on. Independent seems to be the only way.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Just another day in paradise. Shizzle occurs.

People get dramatic when Pot is involved. WE learn to take it all in stride. Let people do dumb things, but I will eliminate all X factors I can.