What's new

Coppers told me My 215 script was good for Life..

ROOTNEY88

I got pulled over for driving with expired tags last Friday, they searched the car and found 1 lb and my pipe, they found some other stuff too so I got arrested, I was bailed out that night and was told if I wanted any of my belongings to goto the evedence recovery down town, Last night I went down to get mainly my lbs and the wanted to see my script and my id, All I had was one from 2 years ago.

They said that was fine that once you get your script that you never need to renew its good for life..

I asked why is ther an expiration date and they told me it was for clubs and the Drs, to make money.

Seemed weird to me, they let me get back my stash and they didnt even take some for there self.

Anyone heard of this, and not from the clubs stand point, I can see why they would need a up to date script, but I have never been to a club or have no plans of going to one.

thanks

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I dont know..If its true then we dont have to keep paying the blood sucking doctors every year.

GrinStick

what an interesting experience, wonder if it was as interesting to the coppers...it s sure been interesting for me.

BigBudBill

Coppers were 100% truthful with you:

People v. Windus

(2008): The Court of Appeal for the Second Appellate District held that the trial court improperly denied a medical marijuana defense to the defendant. The court held that the defendant's medical marijuana recommendation did not expire, even though the doctor who issued it required yearly evaluations. The court further held that patients are not bound by the quantities specified in SB 420, but may possess an amount of marijuana that is consistent with their personal medical use. Click here to view the ruling.

ROOTNEY88

new cat

new cat

I gues Im a new cat since I hav only posted a few times, but havin my script since 96 in cali and in Montana for 3 years makes me think thats its about right that the Dr would want you to come back every year for a 5 miniute eval for $125.

they droped all charges but the fact they found my belt buckle that was aluminum Knuckles.

But the post was about the cops saying the script was good for life.

If I had my pill bottle for methadone and it was filled 5 years ago , the cops or drs couldnt do crap just because it was old....

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
yeah you dont NEED to renew it, however I'll tell you right now if you have an "expired" rec it makes it that much more of a PITA in court.

worth <$100 a year no question.

Depends a lot on where you are in the state too, the further south you go, the more likely you're gonna run into an asshole cop who thinks he knows law when they dont know shit more than half the time.

Phedrosbenny

Veteran
I gues Im a new cat since I hav only posted a few times, but havin my script since 96 in cali and in Montana for 3 years makes me think thats its about right that the Dr would want you to come back every year for a 5 miniute eval for $125.

they droped all charges but the fact they found my belt buckle that was aluminum Knuckles.

But the post was about the cops saying the script was good for life.

If I had my pill bottle for methadone and it was filled 5 years ago , the cops or drs couldnt do crap just because it was old....

Well I paid 275 and I do think its wrong for the doctors to make you come back every year for what?...an evaluation..well I guess it all depends on what you get scripted for.Some things dont need to be evaluated every year.

And if they found my methadone bottle and it was 5 years old (or just past the expiration date) they will make you throw it away.Unless the cop is decent about it.Its that way for all meds.

Norkali

People v. Windus

(2008): The Court of Appeal for the Second Appellate District held that the trial court improperly denied a medical marijuana defense to the defendant. The court held that the defendant's medical marijuana recommendation did not expire, even though the doctor who issued it required yearly evaluations. The court further held that patients are not bound by the quantities specified in SB 420, but may possess an amount of marijuana that is consistent with their personal medical use. Click here to view the ruling.

Thanks Bill; now Krunch and H3rb:

shame-on-you.jpg
for not knowing about this precedent! Although I can't really blame you that much because, as you might have predicted, there are still PLENTY of cops who act like they've never heard of People v. Windus either - and still try to throw people into the legal meat-grinder if they find anything. Yet one of the many problems with the 'legal-gray-areas' of medical cannabis in California today.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

People v. Windus

a lb is considered personal use?

then why did i get arrested and raided over 2 lb's? since im a ceo of a collective, wouldn't that be considered personal use for all my patients? or personal use for just me?

see why i dont think this adds up?

Phedrosbenny

Veteran

then why did i get arrested and raided over 2 lb's? since im a ceo of a collective, wouldn't that be considered personal use for all my patients? or personal use for just me?

In my state a pound could be considered personal use.It depends on if it was in more than one bag.More than one bag is a whole other ballpark of manufacturing and distributing.

Im sure its different from state to state though.

S

Sir_Nugget

ABSOLUTELY TRUE

ABSOLUTELY TRUE

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE... Once you get a rec you are set FOR LIFE...

no bullSHIT

WHY????? It is because ONE YEAR IS AN ARBITRARY AMOUNT OF TIME THIS WAS DECIDED IN COURT, when a grower got busted who had an illness that long outlived the 1-year renewal date... the 1 year renwal date does not correspond to a patients time spent having an illness.. It was proved in court that the 1 year scheme is for doctors to keep people coming back, and the dispensaries are STUPID AND DUMB

remember rule #1 of capitalism protect profits at all costs.. dispensaries will help you blow thru ur cash with high-priced SHIT weed.. doctors do the SAME with rec's

this is why i bocott the medical marijuana system... it is a true and bullshit scam

Phedrosbenny

Veteran
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE... Once you get a rec you are set FOR LIFE...

no bullSHIT

WHY????? It is because ONE YEAR IS AN ARBITRARY AMOUNT OF TIME THIS WAS DECIDED IN COURT, when a grower got busted who had an illness that long outlived the 1-year renewal date... the 1 year renwal date does not correspond to a patients time spent having an illness.. It was proved in court that the 1 year scheme is for doctors to keep people coming back, and the dispensaries are STUPID AND DUMB

remember rule #1 of capitalism protect profits at all costs.. dispensaries will help you blow thru ur cash with high-priced SHIT weed.. doctors do the SAME with rec's

this is why i bocott the medical marijuana system... it is a true and bullshit scam

I agree

opt1c

Veteran

you got arrested and raided because you said you were the ceo of a collective... if you'd have said the 2lbs was for personal use and u just bought it things probably woulda played out differently

saying i own a collective to a cop translates to: i'm a player in this game; a big fish not a little one; i grow and produced this weed; its mine and i got more back at my pad

never talk to cops; show em your papers and say u have nothing else to say and that you "invoke your right to a lawyer"... if you don't explicitly invoke your right they can still legally fuck with you

and yes, you can get a piece of paper from a dr in cali that says you can carry up to (fill in the blank) pounds at a time for your personal use.... once a year buy of once a year outdoor equals a large purchase of meds to last you the rest of the year until next years outdoor comes in... and i've seen these pieces of paper where fill in the blank is more than 5 pounds.... that's right... over 5 pounds; personal use; making butter no doubt ;)

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

Krunch, this is 100% legit-- My son got busted last year for weed and hash, tho not nearly as much, with an expired Rec...and they were going to plea him out in Court-- I showed up with a copy of WINDUS, and nobody knew anything about it-- I told his PD that he would take this to Jury Trial, unless it was dismissed-- The DA spent the next 2 hours online checking this out...and in the end...they dismissed it--
As far as the "Personal Use" part...I have confidence Krunch, that you can beat your Case...but you may need to drop some cash on a good Lawyer-- As the AG Guidelines states...
7. Possession and Cultivation Guidelines: If a person is acting as primary
caregiver to more than one patient under section 11362.7(d)(2), he or she may
aggregate the possession and cultivation limits for each patient. For example,
applying the MMP’s basic possession guidelines, if a caregiver is responsible for
three patients, he or she may possess up to 24 oz. of marijuana (8 oz. per patient)
and may grow 18 mature or 36 immature plants. Similarly, collectives and
cooperatives may cultivate and transport marijuana in aggregate amounts tied to its
membership numbers.
Any patient or primary caregiver exceeding individual
possession guidelines should have supporting records readily available when:
a) Operating a location for cultivation;
b) Transporting the group’s medical marijuana; and
c) Operating a location for distribution to members of the collective or
cooperative.

memphis man

rootney said they gave him his bud back so that should tell you that where ever he is the cops know of that case and gave him correct info unless they are setting him up for later use. im sure if they woulda found a set of scales as well as his bud it mighta been a diff story

Latest posts

Latest posts