What's new

Cooling a sealed room within a room?

MPL

I think you would have to get a wired thermostat to control the unit. Definitely can't do it via the Friedrich remote. I read up on everything there is to know about the 12k Breeze unit. I should have mine soon. :)

I'll be alright with one temp setting I think. I reworked my room and I think I am going to set up my extra 11x12x9 bedroom as a lung room and use a 5x9x9 gorilla tent inside there for flowering. I'll be able to set the AC to whatever temp I want and use my fans to control actual temp in the tents. I won't need separate day/night settings like this, and I should be able to get about a 10F difference between night and day. With any luck I won't even need a dehuey since I plan on vegging in the same lung room (AC should stay running often enough plus I also live in CO).

My only real concern right now is that I only have a 6" Vortex fan with a 6"x24" carbon filter for exchanging out the 5x9 tent. I might need a larger fan to keep the temp difference between the interior of the tent and the lung room within 10F or so. If the 6" isn't enough I have a 4" I can throw in as well but I think I may need to just get an 8". We'll just have to see what it takes to dial in this room.

Should I put my C02 sensor in with my flowering plants or in the lung room?

MPL,
I posted a link to the Friedrich site. Browse from there and read up about the Breeze. -granger

Last edited:

MPL

Got my breeze in today :D

Attachments

• 20140829_081146.jpg
    20140829_081146.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20140829_081442.jpg
    20140829_081442.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4

MPL

I thought the unit was broken or I had done something wrong because I plugged it in and turned the air down and nothing happened. Then after a minute of silently freaking out I took a step back and into a stream of cold ass air and realized that it works it's just super freaking quiet. I'm astonished at how quiet it is and at how well it is cooling.

MPL

Can I use the condensation from the unit in my res? It would save me from having to make a lot of water and would be more efficient use of the AC.

the gnome

Veteran
i have the 24,000btu breeze with quick connects.
up-n-running in 6hrs.
these are super easy to use
no nosey HVAC needed and they're priced right,
be a wise shopper and look for the sales,
I picked mine up on a labor day special with 10% off :)
it's to bad they only come in 2 sizes w/quick connects....12K + 24K btu.
and friedrich is a quality brand

Latest posts

Latest posts