What's new

Cooling a Closet

rastamonunika

I have 4 wide x 2 deep x 7.5 foot closet, 600 watt hps, 2 circular oscillating fans, and a 465 dayton. I originally wanted to vent through attic, but didnt take into account the heat that is already up there, and past full strength because it is summer. . . . its my home so space is not a problem, my adjoining room is ACed and i dont want any cold blasting on my ladies and ladies to be. . . any feedback would be appreciated =)

much love

ras UnIka

rastamonunika

cold ---> males? im confuzzled, if i ahve 65 degree F temps air blowing on my children to be ladies wont they turn male>?? thanks tho toke <3

ras UnIka

G

during flowering... cold can cause prettier colors..... cold nights are fine cuase its naturally more cold at night....its what the plants were built for kindof...
mor elikely to see purples, blues, pinks...

rastamonunika

i see i see, i understand taht the cold can cause a change in color but wat about a constant 55 deg. temp blowing on them, dangerous? i think ive solved my problem but input would still be lovely =)

peace and love
ras UnIka

cannakid

that 600w should heat thing up a slightly, id put it in the room with a thermomiter and see what the temps are. im guessing your not going to have a heat problem if the AC's set at 55, air flow might be your primary consern becaus of how cold it already is. depending on how much heat is put off by the 600w every thing could very well just slid into place. it takes a while for the temps to mix (the moving cold air and heat from the light) so it will take a while to forcast the grow temp but id say simulate a week or so of growing and wright down the highs and lows, or the constent temp for day and night.

G

:wave: Yep. I've never had to use the central air vent I installed, but if I ever did it would be directed at the lights above the plants and would be heated before it ever got the plants. Just theoretic.

With central air, like you, my flower temps stay within 75-80 F when the house is set at 72. A well designed intake and exhaust is all you need, termostatically controlled at the ceiling exhaust if you can do that. My fans have digi-temp controls built in. ($35 at Lowes, WalMart, HomeDepot, Target).

Good luck on getting it all set up and growing well, will be watching for grow threads! See ya in chat. :woohoo:

Oh, and I've only had a hermie once during one of my first grows from moving them in and out during the Rocky Mountain winters. You have to fuck up really bad to hermie them - some strains are more prone than others. Light leaks are the most common cause - not temps. High heat can stress them and slow down growth, ruining your yeild. You want them to feel as though they are in nature with days getting shorter and nights getting colder, to beef up your buds. Anything you do to them, if done gradually (like Mother Nature) they will accept it and adjust. It's just a weed - it wants to grow - all we have to do is protect it and provide it with the necessities. It will do the rest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts