What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cool Pipes

lowridersa

Hey RubbaDub

You are spot on. Herb was traded here centuries ago, and pipes are distinctly from certain region using certain mediums e.g copper, iron, bone, clay, bamboo, wood, ivory, stone, and other metails. Even cobs are used as pipes. Below are two pipes from Transkei in South Africa, one is version 1 and version 2 is the upgraded piece. Its also interesting to smoke through different types of pipes, or just a simple chillum.

Image0284-771255.jpg

I love my African pipes. I was in Mali, near Timbuktu, traded an old sheet, for one camel bone pipe adorn in micro-designs, one bronze pipe, two individual camel leather pipe holders that were beautifully decorated, a plastic bag filled with bone dry tobacco, and a large leather pouch. Felt bad about the trade, but then again the person loved my sheet and probably couldn't get it locally, and their was no tv or other electrically supplied entertainment - long nights, so they probably were fine making pipes and bags at night.

lowridersa

Possibly the same country as the pipe below, very similar shape and design. This one is made from bone and copper and possibly from Zimbabwe, definetly east african.

image.php

Anyone care for a smoke african style.

image.php

Latest posts

Latest posts