What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookies brand lawsuit

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a link to the court filed lawsuit.. @gypsy is this is not the proper forum please move to the proper one.
The suit asserts that Cookies CEO Berner – whose real name is Gilbert Milam – along with President Parker Berling, CFO Ian Habenicht, board member Lesjai Peronnet Chang, and employees Michael Roberts and Omar Ortiz all “use the popularity of the Cookies brand to engage in pervasive self-dealing … and to strongarm and bully others into paying them millions of dollars in personal benefits and kickbacks.”

I do not find this surprising from what I've heard from others that have done business with Berner/Cookies brand.. The only interactions I've had with cookies lasted all of 5min when I asked them where they got the genetics/clones there growing. I got blocked on IG less than 5 min after that question.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure when this happened but Sjunkies has filed a lawsuit against Berner. Here is his response posted today

Berner removed his response..

This is what SJ had posted

Last edited:

stiff

Veteran
I'm with ya, creeper. I couldn't stand Berner since I saw him first time in a video where he's rolling his gut through his plantation and couldn't even name the different strains..he had his gardener talking for him instead🙈

Last edited:

goingrey

I think you guys are being unnecessarily harsh.

“use the popularity of the Cookies brand to engage in pervasive self-dealing … and to strongarm and bully others into paying them millions of dollars in personal benefits and kickbacks.”

Now that is some total bullshit. Build your own brand if you don't want to work with them.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is really from the 'Onion" website, right? It's fuckin dope, a plant that just about grows itself, and is passed around pretty freely I think. How can people get so wrapped around the axle like that? Cookies is a brand?

What is all this BS about commercialization, branding, lawsuits, greed? Is that what legalization was all about?

420empire

Veteran
I don´t want to take part in the whole shirt smur regarding this subject, of who did what and when.
I guess GSC is deff. one of the most hyped modern cannabis strains.
I have not tried the true cut, but fem vers. and a whole plethora of crosses from GSC. IMO I think the GSC hold some decent highs and a lovely thick taste and smoke. The high is fairly ok with a good balance, ala. the good old Power Plant. I found this reagrding origins, but chime in if some of u have another story.

From seedfinder:

There is a big hype and also a lots of myths about the Girl Scout Cookies. Many people think the strain is a hybrid of the Cherry Pie (Cherry Kush) and also have some GDP in the lineage - others say it is a South Florida OG Kush x F1 Durban hybrid. It's not a big yielder, but strong and tasty. Flowering around 9 - 10 weeks.

According to https://cannabisblog.eu/girl-scout-cookies/ who did his own research the story regarding the lineage and creation of Girl Scout Cookies goes like that:
GSC was created around 2008 by a grower named George. He got a PCK dad from Philly and crossed it with his Cherry Pie cut and made a selection of that strain in the Bay area. It is told it was the same cut Gage Green used later for their crosses of Cherry Puff or Grateful Breath.

A bit later Berner got a plant called Cherry Pie Kush with some bag seeds. Bag seeds in GSC flowers hadn't been uncommon.
Berner was working that time at "the hemp center" and became friends with Jai Chang aka Jigga. They probably started to select a "cookie kush" pheno from that bag seeds. Both claim until today GSC is some mystery genetics from an unknown source named F1 crossed to OG Kush. As it wasn't a stable strains, bag seeds appeared and other phenos / cuts appeared like the platinum and forum cut. The forum cut was widely shared at icmag.com and is told to be originated in Emeryville, CA.
Some growers shared a clone via Red Jay to the founder of "Always Be Flowering" (ICmag: @Abja Roots , today he is calling himself Ghost.) .
Abja / Ghost took some clones to a barbeque of ICMag-User @Yes4Prop215 where also other growers appeared. Belive what you want, what is undisputed, Berner is a marketing professional and playing in a different league when it comes to hype things.

See also the comment from 15.01.2014 by mgpawn.

Conclusion, well I will go get the PCK and a Cherry pie and remake this whole strain from scratch, think i will call it Batter!
....... :p

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, seedfinder is an inferior source of info.. I spoke to the guy that owns Seedfinder. All he does is use Google for the genetics listed on his site and adds it or if a breeder might add it. Most of it is from Google is what he told me. Cookies/Berner doesn't breed anything.. They get other's gear and rebrand it.

Here is the thread for that topic GSC THREAD

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
lol, seedfinder is an inferior source of info.. I spoke to the guy that owns Seedfinder. All he does is use Google for the genetics listed on his site and adds it or if a breeder might add it. Most of it is from Google is what he told me. This thread isn't about who made GSC..

GSC THREAD

Maybe your right dunno.
It's the only open source i know about. Threw me link to a better one🤟
I found the gsc backstory important. 😉🍺

Last edited: