What's new

Conversation Starter - What's Your Favourite Whiskey?

Elmer T. Lee! Pure heaven.

Your namesake drinks it on 'Justified'. One of my favorite characters ever, btw. Love Walton Goggins.

Green Squall

I have an unopened half pint of johnny walker black in my cabinet. I think its been there for like 4 years. I always say I'm going to crack it open but I never do. Someday.

dickcorn

^^ I drank like a quarter bottle of my dads when I was like 19. I've never seen him so pissed, "you coulda drank the fuckin vodka you_______". Lol now I know a little more about it and realized my like 50$ mistake.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

sorta surprised that nobody's mentioned George Dickel.......

dickel_zpsx30moz95.jpg

if you like your whiskey neat Dickel's hard to beat :dunno:

any joking aside I can 100% promise you that if you pick up a bottle of the No. 12 and toss some shots comparing it to Jack Daniels you're gonna be shocked at the difference of the smoothness and sip-ability, the JD will taste like paint thinner next to the Dickel. Hell even if you're putting the Dickel No. 8 against the JD, same thing; but wtf! if you're gonna buy some Dickel get the No. 12, I have not tried the Barrel Select nor the Green label rye whiskey. I'm guessing the Barrel Select to be something truly special.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Never been a blended scotch guy for some reason , cutty , JW (any) , pinch ,they were all yucky to me , but when I tried the single malts , scotch made all the sense in the world , specially with a nice punch XX rothschild.
Not Hatin' Just sayin...
I do like a few canadian blends when im on the cheap. CC, 7 come to mind
Crown when Im feeling froggy....

To al70 - " it takes years to learn how to drink whisky " I think im adding that to my sig bro

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean theres OTHER ways to drink whiskey?

Love Dickel's but can be hard to source in my neighborhood

and it was tough to find in northern minnesota, I/we always got the local liquor store to try carrying it, once they bought and tried it themselves it went highly recommended to their whiskey customers.

Midnite Toker

Veteran
When It comes to getting myself drunk, I'm a cheap bastard. I'll take a quart of Windsor. If I'm celebrating it's VO or Crown Royal. I used to drink Yukon Jack when ice fishing or hunting. "The black sheep of Canadian wiskeys" lol. I don't think they make it any more.

freeganja

Bush Doctor
Veteran
I second the George Dickel Stoner4life. I didnt even know about it until I stumbled upon the distillery while in Tennessee. The smell of the mash tub was excellent! Its my go to whisky now.

J.V

ICMag Donor
WL Weller 12 year
Lagavulin
Ardbeg

Don't mind those peat whiskeys either, lovely dark taste.
A shot of Drambuie is good to finish with....
A taste of the extraordinary.

Be kicking off with a shot of the Teachers shortly, then might follow that up with the Glenfarclas 12 year old...Let the good times roll.

orev

i hope you're not intending on drinking the Glenfarclas in shots

and what about the glass to drink it in ?

i allways try to have a clean Glencairn whiskey glass to drink from when at home

t99

Veteran
I had Baileys and Evan Williams in my coffee this morning. Happy Easter!

HatchBrew

Veteran
Bushmills 16, Oban 14 and Aberlore 12 on the bar. Like to stock a wheat bourbon, a kentucky straight and recently baby bourbon. Hudson Valley Distillery.

Wathem's for the affordable. Basil hayden for the special evenings.

Lady is still trying to get me a bottle of pappy. Bier is great too :)

TheArchitect

Veteran
Bushmills 16, Oban 14 and Aberlore 12 on the bar. Like to stock a wheat bourbon, a kentucky straight and recently baby bourbon. Hudson Valley Distillery.

Wathem's for the affordable. Basil hayden for the special evenings.

Lady is still trying to get me a bottle of pappy. Bier is great too :)

If you like wheated bourbon like pappy, check out Weller antique 107 and the Weller 12yr. They use the same mash bill as pappy, same barrels just aged in a different level of the barrel house, and they are a little younger, though the 12yr is particularly good.

Latest posts

Latest posts