What's new

Continuous grow, multistrain extravaganza!

Morn serg...yeah the carbon scrubber on the cieling and the comercial air pump on the floor kinda shoot stealth right in the ass...rotflmao...

Morn vent....hows ur day mate...
we have no work so im home again...:(

hey august...
IMO bro when you vent to the attic take the run to the gable vent
that way it blows out the gable, then no snow will melt and you wont have the possibility of mold up there, pushing all that humid air up in the insulation and shit isnt recommended.. leads to huge issues..agian bro..imo......

but if ya go that wat i think spreading it would help..
another option would be to run it up there and put a small fan on one end of the attic at the gable vent..then the air will move enough you wont melt anything.....

AugustWest

Veteran
hey august...
IMO bro when you vent to the attic take the run to the gable vent
that way it blows out the gable, then no snow will melt and you wont have the possibility of mold up there, pushing all that humid air up in the insulation and shit isnt recommended.. leads to huge issues..agian bro..imo......

but if ya go that wat i think spreading it would help..
another option would be to run it up there and put a small fan on one end of the attic at the gable vent..then the air will move enough you wont melt anything.....

thanks man :)

yeah was thinking the same thing.. the run to the gable vent isn';'t that long at all.. and i'm running a 6" vortex in a tent.. so i have room to run a longer duct imo.

would help with any lingering stink as well i assume :)

the vent closest to the room is right near the front door.. so i may have to run it to the other vent.. which is a longer duct, but i think i'll be ok since it'll be wintertime and all.

doinYODA

Mornin' AW, Serg, Vent, and Yoda :wave:

Serg...Thanks for the coffee and biscotti :yummy:

Afternoon Free and mornin Unoit - when they get here :tongue:

yeah was thinking the same thing.. the run to the gable vent isn';'t that long at all.. and i'm running a 6" vortex in a tent.. so i have room to run a longer duct imo.

hell yeah...its nice and high...heat generally rises so uno...
cant wait to see the new garden man...
gonna be starting a journal here as soon as the plants show themselves....:)

SergioGC

the vent closest to the room is right near the front door.. so i may have to run it to the other vent.. which is a longer duct, but i think i'll be ok since it'll be wintertime and all.

Could you place the blower in the attic near the gable vent? Less noise from the grow room.

AugustWest

Veteran
Could you place the blower in the attic near the gable vent? Less noise from the grow room.

you mean my exhaust fan?

yeah i could.. but i don't think you want that big of a duct line between the fan and the scrubber.. but not 100% on whether that makes a dif or not.

SergioGC

you mean my exhaust fan?

yeah i could.. but i don't think you want that big of a duct line between the fan and the scrubber.. but not 100% on whether that makes a dif or not.

The air has to make that run no matter what. Fans pull way better than push and that big ass fan could make that pull no problem. Just minimized the bends if possible.

AugustWest

Veteran
The air has to make that run no matter what. Fans pull way better than push and that big ass fan could make that pull no problem. Just minimized the bends if possible.

yeah i hear you.. but the pull at the scrubber end will be much less if the fan is up in the attic as opposed to a few feet away in the tent...

and the scrubber needs a certain amount of "pull" to be effective,.

i agree with sergio... you have to make sure its air tight between the scrubber and fan..hard pipe would be perfect...imo
if you cut a bungee cord and attach it to the mounts on the fan it shuts them up, some anyway and with it up in the attic you dont want vibration in the cieling..id use bungee and attach it to the roof truss...imo

SergioGC

yeah i hear you.. but the pull at the scrubber end will be much less if the fan is up in the attic as opposed to a few feet away in the tent...

and the scrubber needs a certain amount of "pull" to be effective,.

First off I'm pretty sure your fan is overpowered slightly at present setup.

See I wonder if you could push that much air?

If your ducts are tight the air has to come from the scrubber.

How long a run do you figure from scrubber to gable vent?

U

unoit

HIGH And Good Morning AW, Yoda, Vent, Cottons, Serg, Doin, Trichy and D.R and I'll Say Morning to you when you Pop in.

Ok STOP thinking and Let's Smoke this...Puff, Puff, Passes to Doin
aug24002.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts