What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contact! Seeds in soil for my first run

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. The 4 x 4 tent is using 75% power on the light and it is 2' above the tops. I cannot see needing the 720e version of the light, when the 680e is plenty.

Tent is still chugging long. I an surprised at how long i is taking the Runtz rabbit to darken the trics, and have learned that I pulled most of that plant too early.

DSC00674.JPG
What's left of the Runtz rabbit
DSC00675.JPG
Serious Kush leaves green as can be.
DSC00676.JPG
G x D OPG is gonna be good. Leaves taking on a funky teture and color.
DSC00677.JPG
"?" gonna be good also. Leaves are yellowing bad. Why, and what should I do?
DSC00678.JPG
Serious Kush making meat. No yellowing here.

Attachments

• DSC00676.JPG
    DSC00676.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 27

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I took a lower bud off the G x D x OPG, couldn't help myself as it smells so good. Gonna vape it after it dries out enough. This plant is getting pretty frosty, and there is at least 3 weeks to go. This misfit plant was a basket case a couple months ago. Gonna be a white summer!

Snapshot@2021_0610_115709.jpg

Snapshot@2021_0610_115531.jpg

Snapshot@2021_0610_115625.jpg
Sugar leaves frosty also.

dlxtpnuo

Leaves are yellowing bad. Why, and what should I do?

Rinse the affected pots well and daily. After about 10 days plants will recover and you will see new green growth. Don't expect yellowed leaves to come back completely, but they will freshen up and chlorophyll photosynthesis will resume. No need to remove affected leaves unless they fall off by themselves. Still good for the purposes of growing bud. May green right up.

filedata/fetch?id=17875236&d=1623244828

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Uh-oh... Here is a pic of that same bud this morning...

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00691.JPG Views:	2 Size:	226.0 KB ID:	17877620

Close-up:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapshot@2021_0612_102749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	17877633 Spider mites!!!! This is a still shot but they are very active there.

I cut off that bud, the best on "?", and treated both tents with 2oz GreenClean per gallon by spray. I have been saving that stuff for just this occasion, and will get more.

Here are some shots of a leaf that came off with the bud. These must be more SMs hatched out. This may explain the leaf discoloration. I was getting lax on IPM, and here we are.

Snapshot@2021_0612_114251.jpg
Snapshot@2021_0612_115008.jpg
Snapshot@2021_0612_115139.jpg

I also sprayed the bud I cut off, and an hour later the bugs are all stopped dead.

Snapshot@2021_0612_113624.jpg

Here is the other main cola on "?", no damage seen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapshot@2021_0612_102749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	17877633

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That bud which the spider mites so rudely jumped was the one which was yellowing. Did they attack weakness?? I mixed up some fish juice, cal-mag plus, build a bloom, and some coconut and top watered it in. We'll see if leaves lose any yellowing.

The next morning the pistals are brown. Lights on, spray bad, it seems. Glad I had something on hand to deal with the bastids.

He says to the crickets here... and editing to say hey, mr scarecrow,

So on Sunday night I ponder these spider mites. They look a lot like my killer red mites, and where were those anyways? What bugs should I have in there besides my killer reds, or is spraying good enough? What are the chances this wild party I saw under the microscope (like a buncha bugs on meth making a big communal web) was confined to the top of that one cola? I sprayed the cola I cut and do not see any signs of life on it now. I guess I will try to get some answers from the place I got the Greenclean from.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The guy I gave the Sundae Stallion and Lemon Bubba came by today. He has to get rid of the SS because it is smelling up his back yard and he is selling the house soon. He will take some pics then chop it tomorrow. He also says Lemon Bubba is an outright bush now, and hopefully I get some pics of it too. It may be coming back if he can transport it. If it gets here, I will replace the Runtz plant with it, and let it finish with the rest of the midgets and misfits.

This kind of portability is a big advantage of bags.

Edit 6/14: The SS got chopped and brought out here to dry. Lemon Bubba is quite the plant now, and will probably get destroyed for lack of a home.

DSC00695.JPG
DSC00699.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Chopped the Runtz rabbit, my first seed to run all the way through, sorta.

DSC00701.JPG
All that's left is the stem and roots.

DSC00702.JPG
Hanging to dry...
DSC00703.JPG
With the Sundae Stallion.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats on your first harvest ! hope it smokes well...

that lemon bubba looks great( (lemon thai x deep chunk) x bubba ), your mate is a good grower... i hope it gets finished somehow! thats a lot of plant to go to waste otherwise...

VG

Cuddles

A very nice grow diary, fly. I´m just sorry you were invaded by the borg :( I hate those bastards! I use to have a massive borg problem when I first moved into my flat, it was awful.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Congrats on your first harvest ! hope it smokes well...

that lemon bubba looks great( (lemon thai x deep chunk) x bubba ), your mate is a good grower... i hope it gets finished somehow! thats a lot of plant to go to waste otherwise...

VG

All he did was take it home and leave it outside. It rained a few days, and I gave him a SIP wick bed to keep it on. But yeah, it's a bush. That soil in a 10 gallon bag, rain, and the sun are a killer combo. It's not coming back here, cause I don't need his bugs.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So I am gonna be chopping the remnants of this first run this week. Considering what the plants had to go through (these are the midgets and misfits, G x D x OPG was given up to die, and now is the best plant), I suppose it was a success after all. I have way more in jars already than I can consume, and that is before I pull these plants. Guess I'll make butter.

DSC00722.JPG

That Lemon Bubba should have been shown in my second run diary. It was one of two make-up plants for the second run (had a rough start with bugs) so I would have 4 in the tent, and instead of LB I kept a plant I call SB2. Glad I did, because that former runt is also the tallest plant in the tent now. It is left rear:

DSC00721.JPG
Not this run, jut showing why I chunked LB. The AK47 right front is a control between run for comparison of methods.

That run is way better than this time, because the plants never were dried out - except one day second month of veg, when AK47 was outside in a heat wave, and not on a wicking bed.

If anyone wants to use a flexible system that is easy, almost idiot proof, and grows healthy big plants, try living soil in a bag on a wicking bed. This is called a SWICK, and I don't know of anyone else around ICM using this method. Automate the watering and it is even easier, and in flower is actually boring. The size of the reservoir limits time away. Top watering in microbes, and having worms and beneficial bugs, are important. This is inside the house in a tent. BTW, FU if you think a newbie grower can't express an opinion.