What's new

Connecting DWCs?

H

HybridHydro

yeh IamNug, I grew for years in soil, insisting it was easier and better, then I went to my local hydro shop to get about 60 bucks worth of soil, and the VERY knowledgeable person at the Local Hydro Shop(LHS), old hippy type, sat me down for 10 minutes, and convinced me to go hydro, I walked out the store with 2 buckets and no soil, fully confident that the person at the LHS knew what he was talking about and I felt very comfortable with what I was doing, got them home ran them individually, man, the results were impressive. So, back to the LHS, and bought two more buckets, and started running the 4 buckets individually. That was 2-3 years ago, haven't had a single problem since.

I ended up measuring out nutes for each individual bucket with no real consistency, each of the 4 buckets will be nuted and ph'd differently, no matter how precise you try to be in making them all the same. Without the resevoir, I had no idea how much water was in the buckets unless i lifted up each individual insert to see the water level, the little hose on the side after a while the acrylic clouds and its difficult to see. One big resevoir solved all those problems. Just lift the lid and look add water as needed.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
to hybridhydro, in post #108 in this thread you did a good job explaining exactly why japanfreakier IS a troll who is trolling this thread, very negative vibes from that user. Disappointing.

All you two are concerned about is making yourself look good. I don't really care if the thread starter thinks I'm an ass because if you didn't notice he's come around to the fact that he has to worry about root rot in his environment.

hybridhydro has admitted that he got root rot in a system which is less prone to it than dwc.

A troll is not a person who doesn't let fools give advice that could fuck up a grower, that's just a concerned comrade.

What you guys are is much worse than trolls, you are the kind of people who really make boards like this suck for the new grower, giving out bad advice, making grow sites like mine-fields. Not like you are going to have to take responsibility when their crops fail and they are left without medicine.

Now hydrohybrid doesn't know better, but you do and you should be ashamed of yourself, you really should.

By the way, one of your first posts directed at me was in insult that you thought better about and edited out, but not before I read it. You started with negativity and name calling buddy, you just edit them out afterwards.

Last edited:
H

HybridHydro

heh, I was going to go into some long ass explanation as to why my ebb and flow got root rot, but, wtf, the idiot wouldn't read what I posted anyway, and would just make up some other lies. I geuss he must have missed the other posts by others on this thread that have basically called him an idiot. Selective reading disorder, I am assuming.

Either way, I am done responding to this cockamaimey bullshit in this thread and any other thread that he may be attempting to stalk me in, Shut It Down! Put a Fork In It! Come on folks move along.. Show's over.

Last edited:

Neo 420

Veteran
Neo 420 wrote: Some of the advice I have seen advice on this thread is down right dangerous for newbs unless you count "Learning to deal with rot and a whole slew of other issues" as positive experience.

Yeh and if you look through the thread, no one is giving anyone ANY advice, #1, #2 DWC has been around for a 1000+ years, long before they ever had electric pumps.

People aren't setting up THEIR grow rooms for YOUR environment.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I am a friend!!! I just want the OP to have a good growing experience. And in my experience I have seen so many issues with DWC that I would like to give some heads up with issues to news guys that enter DWC. Lets just keep this civil and help the OP.

H

HybridHydro

Neo_420 wrote: And in my experience I have seen so many issues with DWC that I would like to give some heads up with issues to news guys that enter DWC.

No problem with that, I am just tired of someone in particular making claims of things against me that I am simply not doing, Guerilla_red asked about implementing a resevoir, I showed him a url to an on-line store where he could purchase one, and then showed him my resevoir as an example.

Geurrila_red wrote: I'm currently preparing to build a new grow room but I'm having trouble designing a system. I absolutely love DWCs and want to keep the same principal.

No where does he say that he is a newbie to DWC, so, I am not going to assume that he is, I do not try to assume anything about other people , their experiences, or their grows. Unless I give FULL and DUE warning that I am assuming.

Unfortuantely, some asshat here wants to make claims that it is giving advice somehow, being civil is my forte` up until the point where someone starts questioning my integritiy, that's where I draw the line.

I tend to treat people the way I am treated, and sorry I don't take shit from nobody.

Latest posts

Latest posts