What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
awww-w shucks, Mr. Fortune. Thanks. It kinda grew itself. I sat on the sidelines and sacrificed small mammals but otherwise stayed outta her way.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I grew out a giant Congo from Ace about 3 summers ago, she looked just like the plant above.She vegged for a long time and the top was about the size of 3 footballs, I should have topped her but I had forgotten.These Congos can grow real big and fast at that!! ^^^ The plant looks great, she's a nice variety to screw around with, you can imagine the long deep african history and how long people have been using jungle buds like these...This is absolutely not "Dutch" marijuana.:)

;)

sativorro

wenas !!

k tal dubi? como estamos?
yo aki tirandome de los pelos apurando el bote de guawi :(

una kosita... k me podrias decir de las congo (mamis de ace), la bangi y la congo#3 ??
procedencia, aromas, estructura, tiempos de flora... muchas gracias !!!!

un saludo, sativorro

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Buenas sativorro :)

la sequia veraniega ejjejejjeje a disfrutar de esos ultimos bocados a la guawi!

Pues kaiki te podria comentar mas sobre las madres de congo utilizadas para desarrollar el hibrido .... la congo 3 procede de la coleccion de kaiki, una congoleña pura de larga floracion (al menos 14 semanas creo recordar), estructura alta y delicada, efecto muy limpio y de calidad excelente, aroma tipico congoleño que ahora no sabria muy bien como describirte pero si has probado congoleñas sabras a lo que me refiero ....

La bangi procede de alex/mano negra cuando trabajo con nosotros en los 2 primeros años de existencia de ACE Seeds. Estructura mucho mas compacta que la congo 3 y floracion mas corta, sabor y efecto tambien tipico congoleño pero no tan potente como la congo 3.

El hibrido de Congo que se desarrollo con ambas congoleñas y un toque de PCK esta muy equilibrado de altura y tiempo de floracion (3a semana de Octubre), muy buena produccion y mucho mas potente que las congoleñas puras. Efecto muy triposo, aunque quizas la bangi haze es la que ofrece el efecto congoleño mas puro y limpio.

sativorro

wenas !!

muuuuuchas gracias dubi, justo lo k keria saber... lo k aporta la congo en el kruce
me imaginaba k kon el toke de chitral en la genetika su potencia aumentaria
muy interesante lo de la banghi, tengo entendido k es una congo muy especial, con morfologia indica y flora mas corta... seria interesante trabajarla (si esk no lo esta, hablo desde el deskonocimiento.)
de nuevo, muchas gracias dubi

un saludo, sativorro

Y

YosemiteSam

Mayan...what the word is? You got a smoke report yet? I kinda want to try this or a Purple Haze x PCK.

My preference is the clear high vs dense...but I like it to be as high as possible :tiphat: I love it when the ego completely disappears and everything gets wonderful...but you can only eat so many boomers.

This one looks beautiful.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ahhh...I'm LOVING it. I've had a couple of experiences that were close to psychedelic...visual whirlies and cartoon dogs emerging from my normally-staid oriental rug while I was trying to meditate. Big on body rushes - y'know, neon bloodstream kinda thing. Powerful and quite long lasting. Can't tell you about tolerance as I wouldn't trust my subjective sensations to be reliable given that I've just harvested a number of strains and my consumption is way up. Suffice it to say, though that it knocked me for a loop. A definite keeper for stone/potency/creativity/activity. Can't vouch that some might find it racy - not sure. I'll report more as I get to know it more.

Very strong sense of fruitiness on the olafactory front. Kinda like some fleshy fruit that is a bit overripe marked - but not at all unattractive - very unique!

Y

YosemiteSam

thanks Mayan. I am placing my order now.

Honestly looking for that one sativa I can grow from time to time for personal headstash. Thai and Haze are good...but 11-12 weeks would be very sweet provided I can find the one. About 5 weeks to go on some Panama but this one looks and sounds like it worth a shot.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
I don't think you can go wrong...and it is WAY outside of the box - at least my phenos were. Perfect top-shelf headstash.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We have just harvested fresh Congo stock, will be available again soon when the seeds are correctly dried and cured :)

Superstone

Ahhh...I'm LOVING it. I've had a couple of experiences that were close to psychedelic...visual whirlies and cartoon dogs emerging from my normally-staid oriental rug while I was trying to meditate. Big on body rushes - y'know, neon bloodstream kinda thing. Powerful and quite long lasting. Can't tell you about tolerance as I wouldn't trust my subjective sensations to be reliable given that I've just harvested a number of strains and my consumption is way up. Suffice it to say, though that it knocked me for a loop. A definite keeper for stone/potency/creativity/activity. Can't vouch that some might find it racy - not sure. I'll report more as I get to know it more.

Very strong sense of fruitiness on the olafactory front. Kinda like some fleshy fruit that is a bit overripe marked - but not at all unattractive - very unique!
Sounds right up my alley mayan;right down to the smell!!!Seems Ace has the strains that get me re-excited about growing...deciding on the congo,tikal,panama,orient express for my next grow.Dubi and crew thanks for all the good choices!:wave:

Hi Dubi, I'm excited to finally try some of your work. Hope the Congo seeds are getting close to cured. I've been waiting to order when these were back in stock but finally had to get an order in, but I'll be ready for these when they drop. Keep up the good work bringing the fresh genetics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Mickey, the new fresh Congo should be about to land. Hope you enjoy it! :)

+Vibes

sup ACE crew... just checking on the progress of these beans. i see them on aceseeds.org but not on bou/bay. outdoor season is approaching here in the us of a

cheers :tiphat:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo - Redux

Congo - Redux

I loved Congo the last time I grew her so I figured I'd give her another go. She was placed under 12/12 on March 3 so she's working on 40 days, I think. Grown from seed - vegged for 30 or so says. Tall but compact. Amazing fruity scent. Her buds -so far- are fairly wispy but getting very apparent frost deposits. Needles to say, I'm psyched...

Any one hazard a guess as to pheno? I'm thinking that Congo typically goes 80 or so days? Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Thanks - hope you enjoy these quick pics!

attachment.php

Attachments

• congo_2.jpg
    congo_2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 37
  • congo_3.jpg
    congo_3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
  • congo1.jpg
    congo1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 38
im growing out a congo plant now, it seems very fast for a 10-12 week strain, im nearly at week 4 and im seeing some red come through on some of the buds, any one else experienced this?

smell is a mix of slight floral with a variety of dry fruits, it doesns't have that sharp fresh fruit peel smell more a dry fruit smell.

waveguide

Veteran
I loved Congo the last time I grew her so I figured I'd give her another go. She was placed under 12/12 on March 3 so she's working on 40 days, I think. Grown from seed - vegged for 30 or so says. Tall but compact. Amazing fruity scent. Her buds -so far- are fairly wispy but getting very apparent frost deposits. Needles to say, I'm psyched...

Any one hazard a guess as to pheno? I'm thinking that Congo typically goes 80 or so days? Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Thanks - hope you enjoy these quick pics!

inspiring as always. i picked up an ace mix pack after watching you turn them into wonders. 19 residents! if i can do 1/4 of what you did i'll be delighted.

Latest posts

Latest posts