What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Confess here

minds_I

Veteran
I have had my butt beat 4 days in a row by a 10 yo boy at chess....little phuquer is cheating...yeah that's it, it must be it...little phuquer is cheating yeah...

minds_I

Veteran
Helloo all,

My Mother in Law is dying, she is in pain and lethargic and fading.

Is it wrong to want to give a terminal cancer patient the "last dose" of morphine early? Quality of life and all.?

minds_I

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Helloo all,

Is it wrong to want to give a terminal cancer patient the "last dose" of morphine early? Quality of life and all.?

minds_I

That's what I would do if it was me. I'm not sure about letting someone else make that decision for me.

atk7

Helloo all,

minds_I

Been down that road twice now. very tough call. didn't do it either time but in hindsight wish I had . The folks with hospice even told me In A roundabout way that there would be no questions asked and that the outcome may be the best for all . But the big question is, could you live with that decision ? Death is inevitable , he end is hard to watch occur tears at your gut. I pray that when my end comes it slips in while I sleep and I don't put anyone in the position to even have to think about it. Live well, die fast, leave a good lookin corpse and let others benefit from the usable parts I leave behind . I sure as hell am not going to need them .

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Thanks for your replies....She passed last night...it was a peaceful passing and she had her family with her when she died.

It was hard for those around her...but no tears, rather a sense of calm acceptance and a relief that her pain is gone.

Again, thanks all.

minds_I

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Hello all,

Thanks for your replies....She passed last night...it was a peaceful passing and she had her family with her when she died.

It was hard for those around her...but no tears, rather a sense of calm acceptance and a relief that her pain is gone.

Again, thanks all.

minds_I

Sorry for your loss, my condolences.

iffey

In Nam, I was the only marine with a military drivers license in our platoon and did all of the driving. Many trips were to the DMZ. During those rides I'd pass miles of marines walking miles from Dong Ha to the outposts between DH and the DMZ. It was fucking HOT and the road was dusty!!! I also noticed little viet kids selling ice cold coka-cola to them for a $1 mpc/can : = happy marines...I thought about this for the next time the chopper came in with palates of beer and soda. When it did, and each time thereafter, the platoon all chipped in and I'd have to go buy the beer and SODA. Usually the beer to soda ratio was about 10 to 1 beer to soda. I'd buy and extra 25-30 cases of soda @ $2/case and sell it to the gooks @ $13/case, who would sell it back to the marines that were ALWAYS walking some where @ $1/can, did I mention it was COLD. Funny, they wouldn't buy the beer. Yeah, yeah, funding the gooks but COLD SODA at 110*F.. priceless. Electricity for making ice there was scares and if an outfit had an ice maker it was very popular but there were none 'in the bush'. Bought a Porsche when I got out.

WelderDan

Veteran
So I'm on the Interstate in my old '86 Buick Regal. The old girl had some miles, but the interior was nice and the outside was straight, with decent paint.

There was a fender bender off to the right, and traffic was stop and go. We were stopped, I have my foot on the brake waiting to move again, and I hear SCREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I get slammed in the ass by a BMW and my coffee is all over the inside of the car, and me. So I put it in park and get out.

The fucking dipshit in the BMW is on the phone! I stand in front, of his car, his radiator shoved back into the fan. Water is running everywhere and the whole front grill is trashed. So I look at my car. A little paint (from his car) on the bumper, but no damage I can see.

I turn around and look at him. Still on the phone, so I motion him to get out of the car and discuss the damage. He ignores me and keeps yakking. Traffic starts to move, so I get in my car and drive off.

Fuck him. If he can't even get out of the car to talk to me, fuck it. I left him sitting in the Interstate. Probably saved him from getting a ticket though. I had zero damage and he had a few thousand dollars worth of damage to that BMW.

Latest posts

Latest posts