What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concerns raised about first device set to be approved for roadside drug detection

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
CANADA%2BWEED%25286%2529.png

RMS

:smoweed:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
These THC test kits need to be available for purchase by the general public. If a certain blood/saliva level equates to legal impairment, then I as a user need to be able to equate how I feel at the moment, with the legal impairment levels.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
If you use a lot , you can't tell by that. How you feel is not a good judge, much less so than with alcohol. thc test kit is an idea you can pursue though.

Rider420

These THC test kits need to be available for purchase by the general public. If a certain blood/saliva level equates to legal impairment, then I as a user need to be able to equate how I feel at the moment, with the legal impairment levels.

Sorry buddy but its FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY. SAJLMFAO

https://www.draeger.com/en-us_us/Ap...ug-Testing/Drug-Testing-Devices/DrugTest-5000

The Dräger DrugTest® 5000 system is a fast, accurate means of testing oral fluid samples for drugs of abuse, such as amphetamines, designer amphetamines, opiates, cocaine and metabolites, benzodiazepines, cannabinoids, and methadone. The analyzer offers easy data management with the Dräger Diagnostics Software.
FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY.

BTW I do believe the price starts at about fifty grand.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ya there has been charges for driving with it in the cabin of the vehicle but i have not seen anything regarding road side breathalyser testing which is the real shady area of all this...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ottawa cops said they'll treat it like drunk driving. If you look stoned or they smell it, they'll do a roadside test, play 20 questions, and let you go if you're not an idiot and obviously not stoned.

fatigues

Veteran
Ottawa cops said they'll treat it like drunk driving. If you look stoned or they smell it, they'll do a roadside test, play 20 questions, and let you go if you're not an idiot and obviously not stoned.

Almost as if it was illegal to drive stoned in Canada for the past 93 years?

The hysteria as if this was something new is the part that gets me most.

Moral of the Story: Fear often isn't rational.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol

Honestly, I'm starting to lose it with family and friends.

"Nothing has changed! Do you drive drunk?"
"No"
"Then don't drive stoned ffs."

Sheesh.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
the issue is not with driving stoned per say. it is the fact that from a technical standpoint if you smoke a joint on sunday from the devices perspective you are still under the influence on thursday. until they figure out a way of sorting that part of the offense out you could easily find yourself in peril. to that end the toronto police service is requiring officers to not consume cannabis 28 days prior to reporting for duty because it seems that the industry standard is that thc takes one month for your body to eliminate. i sure wish they would come up with a more practical way of measuring concentration. all the technology we have at this point in the game and they still cant find a way to tell if someone is high? maybe it really is rocket appliances....

Smokerman

Veteran
About 12 years ago I was driving on the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto and was exiting at lakeshore, on the ramp was radar.
I was smoking a joint at the time and the truck was filled with smoke, I kinda panicked a bit, cop waves me down and I shit.
Open my window and out comes a cloud of smoke right in his face.
He smiled and asked for license, insurance, and registration goes back to his car writes a ticket, comes back and hands it to me and never said a word about the weed.
Ah the good old days.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
the issue is not with driving stoned per say. it is the fact that from a technical standpoint if you smoke a joint on sunday from the devices perspective you are still under the influence on thursday. until they figure out a way of sorting that part of the offense out you could easily find yourself in peril. to that end the toronto police service is requiring officers to not consume cannabis 28 days prior to reporting for duty because it seems that the industry standard is that thc takes one month for your body to eliminate. i sure wish they would come up with a more practical way of measuring concentration. all the technology we have at this point in the game and they still cant find a way to tell if someone is high? maybe it really is rocket appliances....
There's no such restriction for Ottawa cops.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol.
I was going through the metal detector on my way back from Honduras. I had emptied my pockets, belt everything was in the bin getting xrayed. I walked through and "Beep! Beep!" Metal eyelets in my shoes set it off and my buddy yells "CAVITY SEARCH!" The agent looks at me without laughing. I said "Fix that cocksucker will you." He said "You'll be laughing in a minute." lol

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Jesus your daft. He wants to buy the oral swabs not the fucking drager.

Oral swabs aren't much use when you don't have an analyzer to test what's on them.

the issue is not with driving stoned per say. it is the fact that from a technical standpoint if you smoke a joint on sunday from the devices perspective you are still under the influence on thursday. until they figure out a way of sorting that part of the offense out you could easily find yourself in peril. to that end the toronto police service is requiring officers to not consume cannabis 28 days prior to reporting for duty because it seems that the industry standard is that thc takes one month for your body to eliminate. ...

We're comparing two different things here. A pre-employment drug test is going to measure THC metabolites in your system to look for evidence of past drug use. A roadside test will measure the amount of actual THC in your system as a proxy measure of your impairment at that very moment.

ya there has been charges for driving with it in the cabin of the vehicle but i have not seen anything regarding road side breathalyser testing which is the real shady area of all this...

I didn't originally notice that this discussion was taking place in the Canadian forum.

Here down south in "legal" California, if they catch you smoking while driving you'll be charged with breaking three separate laws;

There's a law against driving under the influence.

There's another law against smoking cannabis while driving.

And there's another law that criminalizes operating a vehicle while there is cannabis in a location readily accessible to the driver.

Three strikes against you for toking a joint behind the wheel. I wouldn't drive with half a bottle of whiskey in the center console. Can't do it with an opened dispensary container of pot either.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
So instead just have a nice large dab of some good extract, and then go for a drive.

The second two crimes don't exist then, and the first is hard to detect unless you reek like weed, or drive like an impaired person.

So don't do those two things.

Latest posts

Latest posts