What's new

Concentrates Vs. Marijuana and Physical Damage.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
High friends.
Just had some friends over and we were discussing the health effects of concentrates versus weed. I myself smoke hash all day every day, and so did my friend until recently. He wants to avoid the nasties in the import hash we smoke he says, even tho its high grade all the time. I told him that the plant matter probably has some nasty stuff delivered to the lungs as it burns in the joint as well....we agreed on that, but i still believe that pure hash without adulterants is healthier to smoke.
So does anyone have a link that might help me find out?

Stay Safe

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Don't know about a link but I've been preaching that forever. I turned to concentrates a decade ago for that very reason. "Why take a whole pile of wood when all you need is a toothpick"

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
My lungs hear you loud and clear.

My wallet says I have to go finish growing my own so I can make my own concentrates. LOL

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
You might like to research that bong rec. CA NORML sponsored a study and found it's the least healthy way to smoke. The water does filter out nasties but also THC. As a result the ratio of nasties to THC is higher, and you have to smoke more in order to get high resulting in a less healthful experience than using a plain pipe or a joint. Of course the vaporizor is heads and shoulders above every other inhalation method as it eliminates all but 5 chemicals, and only one of them a minor nasty. I retired my bong directly after reading the research. Seeing as it was sponsored by CA NORML with the idea that it would prove bongs more healthful I guess I trust their conclusions. www.canorml.org

i never get the "sticky" lung from smoking to much weed...only hash..i also pulled a back muscle once from coughing too hard after a chem dog bubble session....my conclusion is weed is safer...but hash is so much better!!

peacenik

From personal experience, I'd have to say the "cleanest" way of smoking hash isn't a pipe but under glass, old skool-way.
Thanks for the link re CAnorml study, less oppression should give us more relevant studies like this. I'd like to see some info about lighters vs matches & how much crap we are inhaling just by the way we light up. I'd think that with each light you're adding more pollutants to the product, in which case the vaporizor would give you the best quality smoke.
Kief seems like it would be purer than hash, any thoughts??

bleezie

i enjoy hash, but it realli never gets you that bud high you get from buds. i guess i realli need those special herbal combinations of the oils, thc, turpenes, etc. hash just realli doesnt fulfill my needs. dont get me wrong, hash can be bomb as hell sometimes, but some bud is needed :)

simpleword

Pythagllio said:
You might like to research that bong rec. CA NORML sponsored a study and found it's the least healthy way to smoke. The water does filter out nasties but also THC. As a result the ratio of nasties to THC is higher, and you have to smoke more in order to get high resulting in a less healthful experience than using a plain pipe or a joint. Of course the vaporizor is heads and shoulders above every other inhalation method as it eliminates all but 5 chemicals, and only one of them a minor nasty. I retired my bong directly after reading the research. Seeing as it was sponsored by CA NORML with the idea that it would prove bongs more healthful I guess I trust their conclusions. www.canorml.org

I just find that hard to believe. Not trying to argue or anything, but I know I get much more effect from a small amount of cannabis in a bong, than a large amount in a pipe or joint or blunt. Maybe the effect lasts longer with other methods, I'm not sure, just my observation.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
simpleword said:
I just find that hard to believe. Not trying to argue or anything, but I know I get much more effect from a small amount of cannabis in a bong, than a large amount in a pipe or joint or blunt. Maybe the effect lasts longer with other methods, I'm not sure, just my observation.
agreed ... for some reason bongs get me more high with less herb. Recently i purchased heat gun and this allows me to take vape hits from my bong. For those of you who say that vaporization doesn't get you high, I recommend you try the vape gun. The vapor is almost as thick as a regular "smoke" hit.

darthvapor

I never get as high with a vaporizer. I have a verdamper and never use it. I find the bong and glass pipe to get me higher.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Seems like the less you haveta smoke then the better it would be for ya. If thats the case hash should be better health wise cuz its takes less ta get hella high.

b14z3d

GET MO said:
Seems like the less you haveta smoke then the better it would be for ya. If thats the case hash should be better health wise cuz its takes less ta get hella high.

thats wat makes sense to me.. even tho the hash smoke is probly a bit more harsh

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
If you're talking hash v bud, then yes, the hash is better. If we're talking concentrates, you've got to talk about my new best friend, the tincture :joint:

I take 1-2 Tbsp in the morning, and I'm medicated for about 12-14 hours. it has the strength and longevity of an edible, but you'll start feeling it within 15-30 minutes. After running through the pharmacopoeia and procedures, I tell you without reservation that this tincture has done more for my quality of life than anything else.

Give a tincture a try, you'll thank me. Plus, it's easy to get a measured dose.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
mazzakush said:
Agreed^
I like my heady extras but herb is like corn man, gotta have that shit

LOL i gotta have my CORN man....

if hash is healthier than ganja, what about BHO?

that oil makes me CHOKE... can't be too healthy? i feel like it coats my lungs with oil

M

mexilandrace

Umm so in all this can anyone point to something that says that weed is even bad for you in the first place?

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
simpleword said:

Do you do single hits in a pipe? Try doing an even comparison, single hits only. You lose a lot of smoke to the atmosphere if you just leave your pot burning while you're assimilating that last hit. I fill my pipe just like it was a bong. Sheesh, I still even call them bong hits from the force of habit of 20+ years using a bong based on a now disproven perception.

Hard to believe, but that's why people do studies, because people's perception is often warped by emotional bias. IMO this one comes from the fraud perpetrated on the American people by the tobacco companies, that by sticking a filter on the ends of their cigarettes that they became more healthful. A fraud that has been thoroughly discredited. Filtering does nothing if it doesn't remove the nasties.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
If you're talking hash v bud, then yes, the hash is better. If we're talking concentrates, you've got to talk about my new best friend, the tincture

The trouble with tincture is it isn't good for those of us that have a problem with booze. Lately I've been making up capsules using olive oil as a carrier. Same benefits as you're promoting but nothing to cause some people to wake up in a hung over stupor wondering what the fuck happened.

Latest posts

Latest posts