What's new

Concentrated alfalfa meal tea's

.clunk

Hi all, I've decided to use Alfalfa meal tea during veg this outdoor season and would like some feedback or recommendations. I will be watering with a drip irrigation setup, nutrients will be supplied by my EZ-FLO fertigation system.

For those unfamiliar with the EZ-FLO fertigation system, it's basically an in-line fertilizer unit that adds nutrients to every drop of water that comes out of the drip emitters, much like what you'd see in a commercial nursery setup.

My nutrient reservoir is 3 gallons, and I can set the system to distribute anywhere from 1-10 ml. of concentrated liquid nutrient solution per gallon of water, so I'm wondering how strong I should make this tea, and how much I should be using.

If anyone can get me headed in the right direction, that would be great. I've read that I want to make a tea with around 2 cups of alalfa meal for every 5 gallons of water, but I havn't been able to figure out how concentrated this would be, and just how much I need to dilute it.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I would use 1/4 to 1/2 cup per 5 gallons of water and apply at that rate. I've burned indoor plants with less. I'm sure the outdoor environment can deal a bit better though.

E

Eatatjoes

I've noticed that my alfalfa tea has a ph less than 5. Has anyone else noticed a low ph with their alfalfa tea?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would listen to jay, I've done it , but not much feedback as I stopped using it.

welcome to the smelly world of fermented alfalfa.. have fun

Latest posts

Latest posts