What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concentrate Toys! (what do you smoke out of?)

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
SOOOOOOOO happy with my muh' fuckin KutVape! I've been waiting patiently for one, for a few years now. Seen ALT had them in stock, so I had to get one. I was even able to choose colors, got yellow and black on mine, matches my black and clear tube quite well! :tiphat:

Thank you so much HMK (and ALT)! The design is AWESOME!!!! :artist:

Time for an oil rip! :jump:

BudGood

Veteran
Not joking, and not caring what you think about it either :tiphat:

Dude, I would seriously rethink this. Foil is bad for your health, supposed to cause Parkinsons. Not judging, just caring about a fellow heads health. :ying:

Get a sickass HMK Ti rig from ALT! :tiphat:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK ya'll, I had both a quartz wand and a commercially pure titanium wand made for a taste shootout using an oil well.

I am pleased to say that even after extensive testing, the quartz wand has not yet stressed cracked like the borosilicate (Pyrex) ones eventually do.

That means that selection of either quartz or titanium can be based purely on taste as opposed to which one stayed in one piece in field use. Hee, hee, hee...............

I also had a sample pipe with six interchangeable oil well inserts made for a class we've started teaching on the oil extraction processes, at the end of which everyone tastes seven different samples made in class. The interchangeable inserts allows us to sample the different oils without cleaning a bowl or mixing any two samples.

After field testing the prototype, we have three more 8 bowl sets ordered that incorporate the modifications we came up with using the prototype. Primarily they will use an o-ring groove to retain the oil well and seal the joint, instead of the ground joint used on the prototype.

We also had a prototype made like the sample pipe, but with a fixed oil well. Unfortunately pharmer Joe now has it and I didn't take a picture first. I want one for myself so I will post a picture when I receive it.

So far only me and three other pharmers have compared the taste of various different oils using both the quartz and the titanium, but we have another class coming up the first week end in November, at the end of which there will be ten students tasting each of the oils extracted during the class. I will let them and subsequent classes be the official taste panel, because as I have often said, I have old boetian taste buds and like them all.

I do like the taste the flavor sharpness that the titanium adds and salute HMK for coming up with the idea.

In general to me, butane oil extracts taste more hashy, while the alcohol extracts taste more floral and aromatic. The ti seems to draw out more of the floral and aromatic aspects from the BHO, which I like a lot.

I will let you know what the students thoughts are after each class, but so far the three other younger and prettier pharmers who’ve tested both the quartz and ti on at least six different types of oil extracts uniformly thought the ti wand tasted better.

PS: Once up to heat the ti stayed hot longer than the quartz or the borosilicate.

Attachments

• Oil pipes with wands.jpg
    Oil pipes with wands.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Sample pipe prototype.jpg
    Sample pipe prototype.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
GLASS SKILLET INSTEAD OF METAL

GLASS SKILLET INSTEAD OF METAL

Check out my all glass version of what you guys have. It's the next generation.

picture.php

zzzx

Have any of you tried using a ceramic tipped heating iron to vape your oil off of glass? It does not have the flavor problems that heating the glass with a torch has. The glass also stands up better as it does not reach as high of heat.
I dab with the tip of my herb iron (ceramic tip soldering iron) which allows me to take hits out of any piece i want. I mainly use an SYN bong with a luke wilson glass screen slide (don't want to add metal to my vapor path). it works great, the only downside is you can't take huge hits which I feel is a good thing as it keeps my consumption down-but I can still get a good sized hit each time.
butane lighters are an unnecessary, and expensive step which I choose to avoid. although everyone has different tastes...

Tried a glass one, and a quartz one. Ti has a much superior flavor IMHO. :tiphat:

Really? What is your heat source? Just curious and about to buy one of those Ti rigs. They have dozens of those, but the all glass rig was the first I've ever seen of that design. Peace

What's this dab I keep hearing? Is that a chunk of oil?

BudGood

Veteran
Really? What is your heat source? Just curious and about to buy one of those Ti rigs. They have dozens of those, but the all glass rig was the first I've ever seen of that design. Peace

What's this dab I keep hearing? Is that a chunk of oil?

I used a butane torch with clean butane in it (Lucienne or Vector, 4 and 5x refined butane respectively).

A dab is a chunk or bit of oil, put on a poker of some type in my case, to drop on the hot waiting Ti! :tiphat: Try to get the HMK one if ya can...

Does anybody have any recommendations on a website to order these contraptions from? My local store doesn't carry anything like this...

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Check out my all glass version of what you guys have. It's the next generation.

picture.php

i got my sister to make me a 100% glass oil vape with glass pad a few years ago,. used it solid for two weeks to test, but the flavor always sucked unfortunately. i have given heated glass vaping three solid tests, and its not for me, thats for sure. some prefer it i guess. not most tho it seems.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I also had a sample pipe with six interchangeable oil well inserts made for a class we've started teaching on the oil extraction processes, at the end of which everyone tastes seven different samples made in class. The interchangeable inserts allows us to sample the different oils without cleaning a bowl or mixing any two samples.

if one has a ti pad vape, you achieve the same result with no swapping out. one pipe, one pad, flavor is new on each dab. seems laborious the way you describe to achieve the same result.

if one has a ti pad vape, you achieve the same result with no swapping out. one pipe, one pad, flavor is new on each dab. seems laborious the way you describe to achieve the same result.

can you give us more information? i too have a collection of skunk pharm glass that has served me and others well, but i am always up for improvement!

since attaining the above mentioned glass, i have turned my volcano on only to heat oil to mix into concoctions. spendy heater.....

i'm thinking he just wipes it clean between dabs...? but the pipe would still get oily after a while.

i gotta get one of these Ti rigs. I can't find a replacement glass skillet, and I broke mine at a party. Words of advice: don't pass the glass skillet around, that shit needs to cool off between dabs.

Latest posts

Latest posts