What's new

computer to run big grow

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No one mentioned arduino type microcontrollers. Those can handle even sensors and they can be coded to be failsafe. Using quality relays / contactors they could be very close to industrial level automatisation without the industrial price tag.
With much less than you planing to spend you can also make "watchdog" microcontrollers that will monititor the main control microcontroler(s) and switch to spares if they break and start doing weird shit. But most of the time having an alert if something goes out of parameters is enaugh so you can change the part that failed.

queequeg152

Veteran
No one mentioned arduino type microcontrollers. Those can handle even sensors and they can be coded to be failsafe. Using quality relays / contactors they could be very close to industrial level automatisation without the industrial price tag.
With much less than you planing to spend you can also make "watchdog" microcontrollers that will monititor the main control microcontroler(s) and switch to spares if they break and start doing weird shit. But most of the time having an alert if something goes out of parameters is enaugh so you can change the part that failed.

plcs handle sensors quite well. just usually through an analogue loop or through some sort of scada scheme with individual process controllers. not that expensive either. not anymore at least.

imo nothing beats the PLC for ease with this super simple automation.

Hard to beat an arduino board for <$15 that has 70 i/o ports, both analog and digital. I have a couple of those boards connected to a linux server running apache, mysql, and php (lamp box). Relays, led's, lcd's, servos, motors, speakers, etc., can all be controlled. Once the data is in the linux box, you can monitor or configure the system however you choose from wherever you choose, using any internet connected device you choose.

phpshot.jpg

dekabum

Veteran
ostia! great work Master!
do you've some more info anywhere?

Thank You for word jikko77... alot of info about my PLC controller are in other forum (no icmag)... is very difficult for me explain well in English... and info are in italian in italy forum

b0nZai.b0b

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

thsi is what i ve running, a modular plc which is rly simple to use, good performance and much multifuncional in and outputs to modify like u want - and that for low cost... not even close to 4500 $

i paid for used parts about 250$

peacn b0b

Latest posts

Latest posts