What's new

compost tea and coco ?

theother

IME teas in coco are awesome. I throw a little guano, kelp, and mycro in there. Never happened to me, but if they are applied too frequently you can get a bit of a lockout from the excess of trace that is in the tea (not based on own personal experience, have heard it from legitimate source though and he is always in a soiless coco peat mix so it could be possible that it would not happen in straight coco)

Granger2

Veteran
Omera,
Did you amend your coco with dolomite or another Ca source? If so, that could be it. I stopped using dolomite. Good luck. -granger

Lesterburnum

I use condensate water which measures 0ppm. I use Canna A & B. Those have the correct amounts of Magnesium and Calcium already in it. If you go adding calmag with A and B it will accumulate into problems. I have learned this through experience in years.
I even reuse coco. it doesn't fit with what you read but I have extremely healthy plants and all signs of a little calcium or magnesium deficiencies i used to get have gone away.
I would not amend your coco with anything. coco is not soil. it has a buffer of potassium and calcium. anyways, just my two cents bro.

omera1

is use my own formula, no over priced "bottled water" ;)
my ppms are ~:

95ppm N
69ppm P
148ppm K
120ppm Ca
55ppm S
50ppm Mg
4ppm Fe
2.5ppm Zn
1.2ppm Cu
1.5ppm Mn
0.7ppm B

my ph problems are almost gone, plants look happy and slury/runoff ph is from 6-6.2. so far so good :)

DrPimpNugs

Actually my comment was about letting the pots dry for 24hrs to not wash out the benes.
Thats nonsense
Dont let your coco dry
Much more important than a tiny fraction of bacteria that might be washed out, and that may or may not even propagate
I didnt get what I meant to say across very clearly because I was spending more time looking for coco tea lyrics, but there just arent many online.
Peace

I think you guys both had good points in this thread, but I am going to have to agree with Coconutz especially IF people are using dolimitic lime to aid in ph buffering.... dolimitic lime has a solubility that only is efficient when soil has a 35-45% moisture saturation, otherwise the lime is inactive as a buffer and as a nutrient supplement, not to mention tons of other great benefits and information which can be found in this overlooked thread here...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=276962

so DO NOT let your coco dry out guys ESP if you are using dolimitic lime.