What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Complete) 1200W seed SOG, 12/1, FMS Superskunk, Easy Sativa, WWxBB, KC Brains KC33(f

TLoft13

(Complete) 1200W seed SOG, 12/1 lighting, FMS Superskunk, Easy Sativa, WWxBB, KC Brains KC33(fem.)

Wanted to give you all a quick view of my first ever indoor run- i'm sure you'll have a good laugh. :biggrin:

picture.php

Equipment: Homebox XXL(2,4mx 1,2mx 2m),
2 600W Phillips magnetic ballasts, shitty secondhand reflectors, HPS
400cbm exhaust+ Filter, going to a silencer and then out the boxed cellar-window
Passive, filtered intake
Temperature/Humidity: 28°C/ 50-60% RH day,20°C/ 50% RH night
2x 45cbm circulation fans
4l pots (soil) Running wet- total dry cycles.
GHE Floranova onepart fertilizer
My water has a base EC of 0,5, i was running a combined EC of 1,0 to 1,6 during flower. Ph of 6,5.

I made many mistakes and had quite a bit of problems. Point for point:
1.) I was so enthusiastic to begin i didn't properly check for lightleaks, and didn't do a "dryrun". Had to reinstall equipment with plants in tent and equipment running, PITA. Some hermies. Lessons learned: Prepare properly, do a dryrun.
2.) Lighttimer died on me. Plants got 10 extra days of 24/0 veg. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, regularly controll equipment.
3.) 1 Ballast burned out. Without proper precautions the house may have burned. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, it might kill you.
4.) The used reflector has screws on the backside UNDER CURRENT! Stunned myself with 240V, painfull. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, it might kill you.
5.) The reflectors have a too small a footprint for 1,2mx1,2m. When i tried to even out the canopy in the usual way(small plants under the light, large ones in the periphery), the large ones stretched even more. Of course i needed some time until i realized this. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap.
6.) Got smell leakage in flower. Took me 2 weeks of frantic searching and mental anguish to realize it's the -new- carbonfilter. Growshop was an total ass about it and didn't want to give me a refund. Lessons learned: Use another growshop.
7.) I once let the soil become too dry. All plants threw away alot of leaves. Lessons learned: The margin between "dry" and dried out is really small in such small containers. Controll often.
But in the end, i was more than happy.

picture.php

picture.php

Just short of 600g of really nice bud and icehash, putting me at 0,5g/W or 0,25g/W/month or 50% efficiency. Or a bit better, considering i used 12/1 and less energy.

Additional pictures in my album, if somebody is interested.

TLoft13

Woot man, from you that's a real compliment! Much appreciated!
One of the best parts is all the positive feedback- everybody who tried it sofar was very happy with it...including myself!

B

BredForMeds

wats this 12/1 .. 12 off 1 on? or 12 on 1 off? I haven't tried this.. but I honestly thought it could work.. but didn't know if its really worth it in the end..