What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
hi Dr. Buds, its the KING, i currently started a CFL Club an i would be honnored if you would take the time an give a detailed descripsion of your boxs, lighting, ventalation, nute scheduel, and just any good tips or secrets you have developed in your 26+ years of growing with CFLs. Heres the link to the CFL Club if you decided too, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78046...Thank You and what you have done is amazing!

P.S. I would have PM'd you but dont have the required posts.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I had plans to build a 250W "play" box to do something similar but now I'm starting to think I should just go all in and buy one more 600W for a 1200W room;p I'm thinking something like 40-48 plants, harvesting 8-12 every 2 weeks. To reach the equivalent of 1g/W I would need 25-30g/plant - I would need some veg time for this with my current strain (Sweet Tooth #3) because flowering directly from rooted clone only yields 7-10 grams / plant. I'll have to see if I can get them big enough in 1L containers before repotting to 6.5L and flowering them (Else I'll have to build a bigger mother/veg/clone room and spend some more watts there too - I would rather not).
I still haven't decided yet - biggest problem is that I'll have to manage different nute schedules at the same time. Also hermies and pests are possible issues.

Last edited:

bio-forte

Submerge watering

Submerge watering

about submerge watering. This method forces all the air out of the soil and depletes it of oxygen. Thats what the bubbles are. top watering helps draw new air into the soil by suction as the water percolates through the soil.

blackone

Veteran
Yeah I had my concerns about the submerge watering too but I think his results speak for themselves. His homemade soil mix probably has good drainage, and since the containers are small the plants would suck up water pretty fast. That would draw in totally fresh air for the roots...

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
bio-forte said:
about submerge watering. This method forces all the air out of the soil and depletes it of oxygen. Thats what the bubbles are. top watering helps draw new air into the soil by suction as the water percolates through the soil.
Dude are you serious?.....do you understand "Ebb & Flow" I will assume No Bcuz you wrote the above post :bashhead:
When you "Flood" or "Submerge" it forces out ALL of the Bad Gasses....as it drains out it "Pulls" new fresh air in with it....this method W/SOG /Perp.Harvest Beats ALL others hands down
I can and have "Pulled" 2.7 grams per watt ....but average 2 grams per watt no matter what/How I grow
I've been doin this for 27 years.....the "Bugs" are Long ago worked out :rasta:

blackone

Veteran
DrBudGreengenes said:
Dude are you serious?.....do you understand "Ebb & Flow" I will assume No Bcuz you wrote the above post :bashhead:
When you "Flood" or "Submerge" it forces out ALL of the Bad Gasses....as it drains out it "Pulls" new fresh air in with it....this method W/SOG /Perp.Harvest Beats ALL others hands down
I can and have "Pulled" 2.7 grams per watt ....but average 2 grams per watt no matter what/How I grow
I've been doin this for 27 years.....the "Bugs" are Long ago worked out :rasta:

Don't be too hard on him :) He's actually kinda right - unless you have a very well drained soil this is exactly what will happen. Air will be forced out and the water will not drain away, leaving the soil waterlogged.

Edit: I understand you tho - kinda rude to be coming in here and teaching you how to grow when you're pulling record yields your way:)

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
Don't be too hard on him :) He's actually kinda right - unless you have a very well drained soil this is exactly what will happen. Air will be forced out and the water will not drain away, leaving the soil waterlogged.

Edit: I understand you tho - kinda rude to be coming in here and teaching you how to grow when you're pulling record yields your way:)

This works in Containers up to and including 1 Gallon.
Just add 1/3 Perlite to any commercial Potting mix
I have also done this MANY times in 1 Gallon containers....SOG 4 cuts per pot under 430's and 1000's
196 pots with 784cuts total in a 7' x 7' area
thats just over 12Lbs per 1000 Watt HPS
But................
That is only possible if you are willing to have 3-4,000 plants at a time...............Most arent (Willing/Capable)

blackone

Veteran
It sure would require a lot of good mothers and a lot of work to grow like that :)
And I'm thinking only few strains would play really nice if you plant 4 in a gallon container?
When you're saying add 1/3 perlite to any commercial mix - Are you talking about the mixes that don't contain perlite already?

E

Empathy

DrBG - Very impressive plants and harvests. Hope ill be getting yields like you from fluros :D.

I can personally vouch for the "submerge" watering tech.... after finding this thread awhile back I decided to give it a try in 1 gal pots and my plants are LOVING it! I can't believe I did'nt think of this sooner. BUT as Dr.BudGreedGenes says you need to add Perlite for sufficient drainage.

Also I would add perlite to the soil even if it already has it. MJ roots LOVE air and you really cant put too much in. :canabis:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
It sure would require a lot of good mothers and a lot of work to grow like that :)
And I'm thinking only few strains would play really nice if you plant 4 in a gallon container?
When you're saying add 1/3 perlite to any commercial mix - Are you talking about the mixes that don't contain perlite already?

It is done with 6 mothers per 300 clones....always take 800 so you have some to choose from.

And 800 clones fit in a 10" x 80" space under a 2 tube 8 foot floro in 4-10"x 20" standard trays.....most folks only use the 72 unit insert for them.............they make a 200 unit insert for the same trays.

Most every kind we ever used worked fine.....lowest yield was 5.7GPC (Seed Bank 1989 SK1)

This set-up also only runs 9hours 45 min. of light per day and LIGHTS OFF 1 day per week.
It is the difference between paying for .....
720 light hours per cycle at 12 hours on everyday for 60 days
570 light hours per cycle at 9.75 hours on for 52 days
This was done so "WE" all could retire at 30............and we did :jump:

Yes add perlite even if it is already there :rasta:

blackone

Veteran
This sounds very interesting indeed - I have a few questions:
So you used a single 1000W light for a 7X7 area, with 14*14 1 gallon square pots - each holding 4 clones yielding approximately 7 grams each? Where you using lightmovers? When you say 3-4000 plants are needed for this is it because you take 800 clones for each 300 needed? Also - were you running this as a staggered harvest or just a standard SOG from rooted clone? I've never heard about any yields even close to 5+ g/W - it's crazy:)

Those would be some bushy mothers yielding 50 clones each :) I wonder how well multiple smaller mothers would yield grown under the same wattage. How big where the clones that you fit into a square inch each, and were they given any veg time?
What was the difference in yield between your cycle and standard 12/12?

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
This sounds very interesting indeed - I have a few questions:
So you used a single 1000W light for a 7X7 area, with 14*14 1 gallon square pots - each holding 4 clones yielding approximately 7 grams each? Where you using lightmovers?

the lights were 1,000 watt MH not HPS no light movers 2-1000's in 7' x 14' with 2 7x7 reflectors

When you say 3-4000 plants are needed for this is it because you take 800 clones for each 300 needed?

you take 800 clones Bcuz ya need 784 per 1000 or 3136 clones per "Set-up " clones the #300 is how many clones we took per 6 mothers

Also - were you running this as a staggered harvest or just a standard SOG from rooted clone? I've never heard about any yields even close to 5+ g/W - it's crazy:)

"Perpetual" SOG 784 every 2 weeks this is done in a two tier rack that was 7' x 14' and 8 feet tall with 4-1000 with 196 pots of (784 budlets) every 2 weeks this type of set-up is almost impossible for 1 person to do alone.....we had a crew and we all had grown up together on and off on Military bases around the world (we were all "Army Brats")

Those would be some bushy mothers yielding 50 clones each :) I wonder how well multiple smaller mothers would yield grown under the same wattage. How big where the clones that you fit into a square inch each, and were they given any veg time?

The cuts are 3/4" to 1" tall......I had 2x1000 watt Mother rooms at my house with 21 kinds we were a Co-oP I was a "Clone Factory" I put out 2,500 rooted clones every week

What was the difference in yield between your cycle and standard 12/12?
less than .5 gram per budlet.......now a .25 gram increase is 7 zips o bud......lol

This was done to see how little light a MJ plant will tolerate during flowering....and still achieve a good yield Organicaly
there are Pics but I must find a scanner to put them up or do you have axcess to 1980's Era High Times?

Last edited:

Haggis123

Absolutely inspirational... :rasta: Keep up the good work, Dr.

Doc, just a quick q' if I may.....you say that you feed your girls nutes every 2-3 days,
Does your soil mix not give enough nutes to feed your girls through the entire grow....also do you need varying strengths of feeds for your differently aged girls, what I mean is.....do you feed the same strength feed to the girls going into the cab as well as the girls that have been in for say 5-6 weeks.

Last edited:

Siddartha

awww, swivs is just mad cause he used cfls once and yielded like 3 grams on ten plants....

Seriously, why all the hate, man? This guy has a thread on some other sites, too, where are your other threads proving him wrong? Burden of proof lies with you....

Latest posts

Latest posts