What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Oh, I wanted to share my thought about these two cats thats pulling these numbers. The old man has grown well over 25 years. He knows the hills, he knows the valleys. He has learned through harsh experience, where the choppers beat the bush the hardest. He knows that he has been ripped many times a' many years. He also has gardens that has flourished and reaped them time and time again year after year. These locations that have been successful year after year, are used time and time again.

You see, over time you eventually build yourself a farm that you know will be successful and you are almost guaranteed a harvest. Over that amount of years, these little pot of gold holes really build themselves and multiply. Giving you many, many places for assurance, insurance and loss.

Now the younger brother, he has what it takes to get the plots dug, prepped and really does all of the hard labor. He's the body, the old man is the brain, the knowledge. But the old man is tuff for his age and he can sure work harder than most people my age can. And think about, not only over the 25 years has he found many places for successful crops, he also doesn't need to do much prep work. The dirt is so darn rich and organic that you can smell the earth in it a mile away.

I've known these guys for years and I assure you, they are good at what they do.

Sorry for the long ramble lol.

W

wegobigupnorth

All you idiots telling the guy to get real, have fun telling yourself everything is out of reach and never accomplishing anything.

It can be done. I know personally.

Last edited:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Sitting here browsing the forums relaxing and all of a sudden it hits me! I have to dig at least 60-70 more holes before the 15th of June! Damn. Maybe I can dig 10 per night and accomplish that. Ahhh, the stress of the season!

W

wegobigupnorth

Hahaha. Honestly hardest part for me is getting the soil and supplies to the spot safely without being seen. My spots are not what one typically thinks of when thinking of a GG. They are all either really close or fairly close to decently travelled roads. I am just getting in at 3AM Wednesday morning because I had to drop off some boxes of starts at two locations. Had to go for a drive and place a box in the woods. That's it for any late nights until harvest not that I mind late nights...I don't have a job to wake up for in the morning.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
No the fellars I referred to do not dry they're bud outdoors. They dry it in a couple old school buses and semi trailers to be honest.

Ceausescu, I do not understand what you mean by get real. What state, or "country" are you from and how much knowledge do you have about the underground growing (specifically) guerilla trade business? Have you read up on the amount of production coming from these hills of Eastern Ky? If not I think you should do a little researching. No one knows what goes on deep in the appalachians, unless you have spent time growing up around here, you don't know the extremities in life that pushes people beyond their limits to produce out of fear of just living and getting by in these small towns with no economy.

Why do you think you hear people say if you have no reason to be in East Ky do not go to East Ky in the hills and hollers, you don't wan't to turn down the wrong road because whats out there people are protecting with every breath of their life.

Anyway, contrary to what some may think. It is possible! If your in it for that reason good luck to you and hope you get where you need to be in life and best wishes to all Guerillas this year :tiphat:
i agree 100% i been in these hills for 36 years doing it,some years are better then others. 100lbs not likely with the plant count i put out but 25-30lb is enuff to pay everthing i own and bills so im good with it. 100lbs is a bit beyond what i can do as a 1 man team. i know for a fact it can and is being done! im proof of that along with many others here in the mountains
All you idiots telling the guy to get real, have fun telling yourself everything is out of reach and never accomplishing anything.

It can be done. I know personally.
well said i agree and know as well.
Ceausescu im not sure what u mean ppl in cali,colorado and other states are doing it for a living ever year.

W

wegobigupnorth

I have other income other then GG but most of it is cannabis based in some way and I'm not in medical land either. Past 3 years I have pulled enoufh to pay all my bills with just my gorilla grows and actually had to help some family out who are much better educated then me with some financial help. Although I am still young, I do not live a meager cheap lifestyle. Weed also does not go for fucking crazy ass prices around here either. If I break it down most I can get is 2400 per elbow and that's really having to break it down and it being as good as it gets. So yes, it can be done. I have mad respect for the gorillas in places like the Appalachian mountains!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I have other income other then GG but most of it is cannabis based in some way and I'm not in medical land either. Past 3 years I have pulled enoufh to pay all my bills with just my gorilla grows and actually had to help some family out who are much better educated then me with some financial help. Although I am still young, I do not live a meager cheap lifestyle. Weed also does not go for fucking crazy ass prices around here either. If I break it down most I can get is 2400 per elbow and that's really having to break it down and it being as good as it gets. So yes, it can be done. I have mad respect for the gorillas in places like the Appalachian mountains!

same here man! thats about what i get around 2000-2500 depending on how good it is. i break it down and into 25$ bags. the Appalachian mountains is awesome to grow since there is many streams and springs all over so water supply is not a issue here. the humidity stays at nearly 100% all thur the summer and into the fall so strain choice is critical here. if u pick the wrong strains then u can chalk up a huge loss in time,energy and money. i have respect for any guerilla bc this is not a easy way to grow but we have to do what we have to do bc no one is gonna walk up and hand u pounds just bc they like u:laughing:

W

wegobigupnorth

Yes I should have said I have respect for ALL gorillas because there is no easy way to do this for sure. Got a ton of respect for you Appalachian boys because I know how hard it is to make a living out there and so many of you guys do it right off the land gorilla growing and even making moonshine!

ceausescu

Haha the drying in the trees set me off.As of commercial guerilla
yeah its possible no doubt.
Its just not as easy as drying the stuff in trees:)

ceausescu

There are ways to do it. There's ways to do anything, if only a person is looking for them, instead of searching intently for reasons why it's impossible.

You can wrap the wet buds in paper (using boxes of wrapping paper from UHaul), wrap a bunch of those rolled papers ("scrolls") into a big bundle, cover them loosely with a black trash bag, then hang it from a tree. Dry those buds right there in the woods...then come back and harvest at your leisure, a little at a time, whatever you're able to get.

Same with all the unimaginative bores with their excuses about the difficulty of moving so much weight. For fuck's sake, do you have to move it all at once? Would it help a fellow's situation at all to be able to move even an O or two a month? When he's sitting on 50+ pounds "out in the woods" in a secure location, that he knows he can safely get to when and as needed, is his situation better than being flat broke with no weed at all?

Who says you need to bring all the buds indoors to store them? Use the system I just outlined above and leave the buds in the woods until you need them! Then just harvest, trim, and jar up what you need per trip. It's a hell of lot easier to trim dry buds, too...you can do it by hand with no tools!

This shit here:laughing:

mowood3479

Veteran
Yea, I'd be perfectly comfortable leaving the 50lbs that I just worked so hard to grow for the last 6 months, stuffed in a garbage bags laying in the woods... Subject it to heat, cold rain, hunters etc...
Not saying the op couldn't grow 100 or a 1000 lbs but the in the field drying idea blows. I'd go back to the drawing board n find another way to handle harvest. Just my 2 cents

idiit

Veteran
I harvested some sun dried on the vine buds last year after the "killer freeze" hit here.

just placed a 5 gallon bucket under the limb and field stripped right into the bucket. dumped into construction 50 gl. trash bag. weight dry was 25% of wet weight. made transportation back to the vehicle much easier.

making iso oily wax out of this stuff ( Malawi/zamal mostly). just talked to a buyer yesterday. his friends sell mersh bud but they all smoke this iso oily wax. they love it. the new vape pens they are using are igniting the wax immediately, whereas the older omnicron wasn't doing a good job igniting the wax.

they love this shit. these guys sell bud. they smoke this stuff.

$30 gr/2.5 grams at a time in a dab wizard tub/ multiple tubs per sale. not bad for shit that used to get thrown away. :) nice cash income during off season.

great for guerilla growers. super easy.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Yes I should have said I have respect for ALL gorillas because there is no easy way to do this for sure. Got a ton of respect for you Appalachian boys because I know how hard it is to make a living out there and so many of you guys do it right off the land gorilla growing and even making moonshine!

ya after obama has put a war on coal its been really hard out here. there is no jobs at all. there is still quite a few moonshiners here local that i know. Lets hope for a great harvest and a kind mother Nature come mid sept:tiphat:

J.V

ICMag Donor
Yea, I'd be perfectly comfortable leaving the 50lbs that I just worked so hard to grow for the last 6 months, stuffed in a garbage bags laying in the woods... Subject it to heat, cold rain, hunters etc...
Not saying the op couldn't grow 100 or a 1000 lbs but the in the field drying idea blows. I'd go back to the drawing board n find another way to handle harvest. Just my 2 cents

Well, I did just that........I had several garbage bags of bud cached in different locations out in the scrub, covered with tarps to keep the weather off. Had one bag get knocked out from under the tarp by some wild critter and exposed too the elements.......The result was three pounds of dark brown bud that was partially sun bleached.
Other than that everything else was fine.....

The last seven pounds or so was put into 20 litre buckets with Boveda packs, worked a treat...

gorilla ganja

There are 3 kinds of people
Those that make things happen.
Those that watch things happen.
And those that wonder "what happened"

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
There are 3 kinds of people
Those that make things happen.
Those that watch things happen.
And those that wonder "what happened"

Well, I did just that........I had several garbage bags of bud cached in different locations out in the scrub, covered with tarps to keep the weather off. Had one bag get knocked out from under the tarp by some wild critter and exposed too the elements.......The result was three pounds of dark brown bud that was partially sun bleached.
Other than that everything else was fine.....

The last seven pounds or so was put into 20 litre buckets with Boveda packs, worked a treat...

Hey Jv i been looking at those Boveda packs. did u get the 60 gram 62% ones? how well did they work? also was the final product the same taste as how everone does it in the jars? thanks man

ceausescu

Hahaha i laugh at stupidity.Lets see your atampt att 100 pounds back up what you talk.Iv been there done that and itt is not easy mate.
You need safehouses people working for you.....
I dont know where you live but its dam hard to climb trees in october.
plus there is no vegetation and a lot of hunters so you plain stupid mate.
Back up with pictures what you say i know i can.....
Respect for guerillas no respect for the fake guerillas!!!!!!

ceausescu

Haha cant wait to se pictures of this inventions you talk about.
You call me stupid for telling people your full of bullshit.
I have no patiens for your imaginary grows so peace out!