What's new

commercial dehumidifier

grow nerd

Veteran
i heard that with the santa fe it doesnt go below 50 percent humidity? it just turns off until it creeps above 50...
You heard wrong. Who told you that?

also...instead of paying 100 bucks for that weird condensation pump...wouldnt it be easier/cheaper to just mount the dehuey ontop of a heavy duty tote with a 30 dollar water pump set up in it....i dont see the pumps weak 5 ft limitation being able to pump my water out..i gotta have more power to reach my drain.
I'm assuming you mean a typical submersible magnetic impeller drive by the "30 dollar water pump". A few limitations you'll run into compared to a condensate removal pump: it likely won't have a float switch to automatically turn it on or off upon getting full, and won't be able to drain down, and can't be seamlessly integrated into the unit which can be handy.

All of the condensation removal pumps I've seen have something like a 20-30ft head lift rating.

also what kind of heat does the santa fe classic put off and how is it dealt with?
A lot less than consumer or other less efficient models per pint pulled. Dealt with in the standard way (air exchange, air conditioner, whatever).

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
well i was looking to a buy a santa fe off some guy and he said his main problem with it was because it was "overkill" and would never run because the humidity never went above 50 percent so he had to buy a smaller unit...wonderin if his story sounds fishy or not.

for the pump question, i was just gonna run the dehuey a few days and see how quick it fills up, maybe put the pump on a timer for once a day so it can "clear out" the dehueys tank. but if the condensation pump works seemlessly and simply id rather use that...it just sounds kind of confusing and like its power is not too strong...i gotta run the water line up 6 feet, 45 degrees turn, then another 5 feet across the room to a sink thats elevated 3-4 feet off the ground...

grow nerd

Veteran
You misunderstood what he was saying. He set it for 50%, and it wouldn't kick on much because it sucked down the moisture faster than it would build up. At least, that's his story and it would line up with the "overkill" factor.

Is a pump + timer + tub + stand + risk of overflow + extra space really that much cheaper/better than a condensate removal pump? You're trying to skimp on stuff like this, yet you spend 20x for an inferior solution to wall coverings just because it looks cool.

Which pump model is it that you're referring to that can't handle 5 feet? I've personally never heard of such.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so just buy the standard condensation pump that comes with the classic....it has the power to push water up 5 feet or so and around a sharp turn? then im alll for it! i just liked my rubbermaid idea...seemed KISS...and im familiar working with water pumps so it was easier to comprehend than a weird "condensation pump" which i have never seen or worked with...

grow nerd

Veteran
If you buy it through a Santa Fe distributor it will probably cost you more than if you bought it separately from a different outlet.

^And it also dehumidify the outside space and not the space it would have had it been inside.

santa-fe-diagram.gif

Only I have my unit "facing" the wall with a short duct from the dry air outlet back into the room. Ran it that way for a while and so far no issues