What's new

Comments on potential setups?

Hello, i posted this in another thread but did not get any answers. I am thinking about starting soon a grow and here are my thoughts:

Setup

I finally made up my mind for growing 2 trees only. I am going to expand my grow tent and make it 10x7x7 in dimensions from 7x7, which it is now. I was thinking about a setup like this:

o are lamps, x are plants

o...x...o...x...o

Besides these 3 vertical bulbs between the bulbs, i was thinking hanging 2x600w with cooltubes above them. So, that would be equal to 3000w in flower for those 2 plants (3x600w vert, 2x600w horizontal with cooltubes).

Ventilation

I am thinking about cooling the bulbs in the cooltubes with 2 5" exhaust fans, each rated at 200 CFM. And use 3x450 CFM exhaust fans for exhaust. For intake, i was thinking either active intake with 2x5" exhaust fans (200 CFM each).

Temps from outside will be around 60 F. Do you think this is doable, having 3000w in a grow tent 10x7 without having a/c?

Veg

I am thinking about vegging these plants with the 2x600 in the cooltubes and a 600w MH vertically hung between them. Veg for 2 months with organic soil.

Flower

As stated above, 3000w will be used in flower, 3 bulbs in a row vertically, 2 above them in cooltubes.

Strains

I ordered Critical Jack, Amnesia by WOS, Sticky Wonder, El Alquimista and Delahaze. I only need 2 seeds, but ordered 3 more of various strains, just in case...

A second plan i have in mind is not to expand my grow tent, keep it at its original size, 7x7. If i go that way, i will flower 4 plants, with 4 cooltubes, horizontally. If i go this route i am thinking of SCROG, giving to each of those plants 1x1 m under 600w cooltubed, each. Which of the 2 ways would you follow if you were me? Thank you very much for any suggestions.

surfguitar

seems like a waste to only do 2 plants with that much light, I would think you would lose some efficiency? I think 4 would be ideal personally. Take my advice with a grain of salt tho never really gone the "tree" route :)

X15

that’s a lot of light for two plants. may I ask how much head room you got?
hope You can dim your set up.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hello, i posted this in another thread but did not get any answers. I am thinking about starting soon a grow and here are my thoughts:

Setup

I finally made up my mind for growing 2 trees only. I am going to expand my grow tent and make it 10x7x7 in dimensions from 7x7, which it is now. I was thinking about a setup like this:

o are lamps, x are plants

o...x...o...x...o

Besides these 3 vertical bulbs between the bulbs, i was thinking hanging 2x600w with cooltubes above them. So, that would be equal to 3000w in flower for those 2 plants (3x600w vert, 2x600w horizontal with cooltubes).

Ventilation

I am thinking about cooling the bulbs in the cooltubes with 2 5" exhaust fans, each rated at 200 CFM. And use 3x450 CFM exhaust fans for exhaust. For intake, i was thinking either active intake with 2x5" exhaust fans (200 CFM each).

Temps from outside will be around 60 F. Do you think this is doable, having 3000w in a grow tent 10x7 without having a/c?

Veg

I am thinking about vegging these plants with the 2x600 in the cooltubes and a 600w MH vertically hung between them. Veg for 2 months with organic soil.

Flower

As stated above, 3000w will be used in flower, 3 bulbs in a row vertically, 2 above them in cooltubes.

Strains

I ordered Critical Jack, Amnesia by WOS, Sticky Wonder, El Alquimista and Delahaze. I only need 2 seeds, but ordered 3 more of various strains, just in case...

A second plan i have in mind is not to expand my grow tent, keep it at its original size, 7x7. If i go that way, i will flower 4 plants, with 4 cooltubes, horizontally. If i go this route i am thinking of SCROG, giving to each of those plants 1x1 m under 600w cooltubed, each. Which of the 2 ways would you follow if you were me? Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Dang! I run 4 plants in a 3x3x6 with only 600w

Latest posts

Latest posts