What's new

Coming from SILS to Mars Hydro tsw 2000

Sampas92

Just newbin
Boys and girls, dont use heating cables in direct contact with styrofoam:shucks::shucks:
20211126_003822.jpg

Peace :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Now that's a new one! Would be interesting to know what train of thoughts led you to both trying to heat the space and also insulating the heat between a polystyrene sandwich? I don't feel there was much actual danger there, maybe a bit.. from the offgassing, but it looks like they were just hot enaugh so that they melted the stuff. Probably still 100 degrees C away or more till flames. Maybe much more.. actually. But yeah, not a good ideea. Unless you are high as a kite, maybe?
Be safe, man!

Sampas92

Just newbin
Now that's a new one! Would be interesting to know what train of thoughts led you to both trying to heat the space and also insulating the heat between a polystyrene sandwich? I don't feel there was much actual danger there, maybe a bit.. from the offgassing, but it looks like they were just hot enaugh so that they melted the stuff. Probably still 100 degrees C away or more till flames. Maybe much more.. actually. But yeah, not a good ideea. Unless you are high as a kite, maybe?
Be safe, man!

Yes i can consider i was lucky, but the funny thing is, it didnt burned, is not dark from burning anywhere, just melted..

The train of thoughts? A bunch and remember im a newb..

So when i bought the cable, since is for reptiles, it is suggested to cover it with sand to not be in direct contact with the animals and also to preserve more the heat preventing from cooling down so fast..
i also remebered some guys using heat mats that they covered to get a more homogeneous heating, even if the heating pads heat way more than this cable..
also i didnt used it to warm up the environment, just the tuperware with water where i have my styrofoam floating with the cuts getting roots to get a good warm water..
Also the cable is connected to the same outlet that my oil heater is pluged too and both are controled by the same hygrometer and the probe of it is in the tent..

I tested it without the styro and the water reached 29c while the tent was still 2c under where it should be, so i thought " now in winter the heater will work a lot and i dont need so much heating in the clone cab" so i cover it trying to reduce the ammount of heat wich it did obviously, and got a good average of 20~22c.. the only thing i didnt noticed it was that it was melting, not even smell i noticed, me or anybody else in the house.

I did the same but with cardboard now and im maintaining an eye on it and so far so good..

For some it might be stupid, but regarding deseases with water at 29~30c, im no expert but i also read that those temps im hydro invite some porblems, so i get my reasons if it was done in a stupid way..

Sampas92

Just newbin
Bad and good news

i found out what was getting my girls droopy and with some leafs cupping, not growing..
i always told you guys that some eggs from the RA may remained in the tiny bit of soil i left them with after the root prune..
i always told you guys that if i saw them again i would bin the girls

Low and behold, the fuckers returned for the sequel, they are in smal numbers because i dont see any in the roots per se, i catch this one and i was in doubt if it was one or not, but if there is one there are more for sure and im not going to spend more products and money to try something with them and be in doubt like i was these 2/3weeks to see if i win or not, is money wasted really, in electricity, products, and time that i cant get
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211127_002937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	18000613

The good thing is that from the 3 girls, 2 of them are safe in means of clones, on the right is the yunnan kali and on the left the bangi, still none of the sativish kali, but before bin the girls i got more 4 cuts from each of them hoping that i get more
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211127_002937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	18000613

i hope they can witstand the next 2 weeks rooting in the water like the cuts of my skunk last for at least 2 months, because in the next 2 weeks is going to be just for cleaning, everything or the most i can and everyday.

by the time i think the rest of the orders are here and i think i will pop one or 2 autos while i veg the clones of the 3 girls or what i got in 2 weeks and flower everything at the same time..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Put like 10% veg nutes dose in the water once they have roots and they will last for months in dim light.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yo sampas

have you saw this thread. I got the ingredients off ebay and made my own, worked well.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...llen-seeds-r-c-clarke-method-as-base?t=357407

I think i indeed will folow your advice..
after reading online i get the feeling that most of the colloidal silver that is selling to the public is more ionic and from what iv read is misleading wich i feel it will not work

On the other hand i found a company that sells the things needed to make sts but will cost me 50€ all togheter with shipping, but i could make quite a bit of it with them so i think i will start to save money :D

I think i indeed will folow your advice..
after reading online i get the feeling that most of the colloidal silver that is selling to the public is more ionic and from what iv read is misleading wich i feel it will not work

On the other hand i found a company that sells the things needed to make sts but will cost me 50€ all togheter with shipping, but i could make quite a bit of it with them so i think i will start to save money :D

I heard its over 19.5C in DWC supports pythium.
sorry to hear of the re-emergence of the aphids, they are fucked up creatures.. they are the reason I started using neem as a foliar..

-you can also put cuts in the crisper of the fridge, I haven't tried it personally i should test it..

re the sts reversal.. yes I went the same route, looking up those bottles, but I found the bases easily on ebay and I can make liters for years, as last time I made a batch it works easily..

:gday:

Sampas92

Just newbin
I heard its over 19.5C in DWC supports pythium.
sorry to hear of the re-emergence of the aphids, they are fucked up creatures.. they are the reason I started using neem as a foliar..

-you can also put cuts in the crisper of the fridge, I haven't tried it personally i should test it..

re the sts reversal.. yes I went the same route, looking up those bottles, but I found the bases easily on ebay and I can make liters for years, as last time I made a batch it works easily..

:gday:

Thanks on the words..

when you say in the crisp of the fridge you say to maintain the cuts until ready to clone somehow?
iv read about that somewhere in here on ic, i remember something inside ziplock bags i think but not sure

I think i dont need something for years, i just have to have fun and try to have seeds of expensive ones, npt the same thing as buying them, but is close i think and if 95% of the colloidal silver might be ionic and dont work then the sts seems inexpensive

i miss seing plants in my tent

Sampas92

Just newbin
Well since i pnly cloned one slunk this way lets compare somethings..
The roots takes longer to grow, since the kali cut and the bangi cut started to show roots they are growing slowly, by the same time the skunk ones were a lot bigger and without discoloration, but they didnt have the cfl above them like this girls..

Yunan kali roots
20211130_011920.jpg

Bangi
20211130_012658.jpg

the other ones dont show nothing for now..the discoloration of the kali is almost not progessing, very very slowly..the bangi is noticiable from day to day and because of it i raised the light to see if they eat themselves slowly..there is one cut with very bad looks, its from the skunk, didnt rot yet and i let it be there
20211130_012718.jpg

exploziv, the biobizz line only biobloom is good for hydro..you mentioned feeding them sligthly to maintain them, should i give them biogrow and maintain them floating in it for 12 hours and then change to clean water?maybe doing it once a week?

Or use the biobloom and see how they do?

Anyone have any opinion?

​​​​​​​Peace :tiphat:

Yo sampas I do it in a container that has a rubber gasket and seals closed, heat mat underneath plugged into a thermostat temp controller you can see the probe in the container.. 6.5w 4000k led. Roots every 14 days.. first cup is clear to track progress of the roots
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211130_132256.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	18003100

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211130_132343.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	18003101
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211130_132050.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	18003102

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yo sampas I do it in a container that has a rubber gasket and seals closed, heat mat underneath plugged into a thermostat temp controller you can see the probe in the container.. 6.5w 4000k led. Roots every 14 days.. first cup is clear to track progress of the roots

Thanks on the suggestion and idea mr dots, cool little spot that one
Iv done something similar but inside a 5l bottle and spraying from time to time, i did good with the skunk at the time, but when i tried with these girls i was not successful..
i choose this way taking the example of the skunk where it managed to stay in water, healthy, rooted not growing and waiting to be pot up, like this ones are now, after giving a few more days and clean a bit more, clean clean clean..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I would only use mineral nutes at 10% of full dose, the veg kind. And even then change water every 2-3 days if they are in water. The biobizz might make the water shitty too early.
You could also use a diluted foliar spray, if no mineral nutes available.
Other options that work for clones are planting in moist soil/soiless mix (the cloning kind of mix without much added nutes) or in a layer of perlite, in a container as above or in a plastic mini greenhouse used for poppIng seeds. Then you just have to keep the perlite moist and in up to 2 weeks you will have roots.
I rooted clones even in plain water in a glass near near the window in winter time before, so I know.they can take a lot. You just have to keep them moist and have patience. Also cut a bit of the leaves if too much leaf surface. You don't want them moving too much water through them, just to keep them moving it very slow.
What I would use to help the most harder to clone clones and see roots faster is a bit of honey mixed in (like half a teaspoon per liter) when putting them in water. But then again you need to change water every 2-3 days and clean the recipients as well.
I've also recut my clones stem at 45 degrees angle under running water just before placing them into the cloning rexipient in water. Just like you would do with cut flowers so that the stem is fresh and able to drink more water and keep fresh for longer.
That's about all it matters to me on cloning. Now I don't do it that much, but I bet I have 1000+ ones made before, with success rates 90%+ most of the times. Was less only when I was getting sloppy and not cleaning equipment well. Or when I kept forgetting about them till they died..
Intense lighting also kills them fast, you only need enaugh to keep them growing, not more so that they drink themselves to exhaustion.

Last edited: