What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Come watch grass grow.

I'm just gonna throw up some pictures. I'll try to answer your questions too. This is a white widow crossed with big bomb, widow bomb 6 weeks into veg
eg8o47.jpg

Day 63 day 1 bud mode. Scrog nets filled in covering an area 12 feet by 8 feet. Looking like it's gonna be half pound plants minimum. Pumping 2600 watts 220 volt.
2q0rk2e.jpg

Kush, widow, atomic, just before harvest. 1610 true watts 12 band led. LEDs yeilded 6oz average in 9 week bud mode, 7 week veg under 1000 watt gavita and sunlight in my greenhouse.
24vit6t.jpg

Heavy defoliation on this kush strain 3 weeks into bud mode. I use to top, fim, supercrop, but now I'm experimenting with LST, bending with rope in veg and defoliation in bud.
sgopl0.jpg

Nice grow. Good work :) How are you liking the LST comparatively?

Well I use to top my plants or bend the top severe enough to stunt the top growth in order to promote a bush form over tree form in preparation for my scrog nets. Once my scog nets are in place I usually veg the plants for another week heavy tucking of fan leaves lower beneath tops and spreading the 20-30 evenly through the scrog grid. I always lolipop my lower popcorn buds sending the power to the top. The last step before bud after 6-7 week veg is to let the plants heal for 5 days from the thinning of the popcorn buds and chopping the big lower fan leaves.

So, to answer your question... This is my forth grow and I'm still learning, but what I see and what makes sense is that any damage done to the plant will slow the plant growth. Sometimes after heavy damage it takes 3-5 days for the plant to get out of heal mode. LST /bending branches (without breaking them) to open the center and create a bush with more tops is a better method.

I have small gauge solid core wire I use to hold all my branches down, with this method I still keep a 6oz average, but LST and scrog is the best of both world's IMO. Before I bend heavy I always use electrical tape one inch up from where the branch ties into the main stalk to prevent it from breaking. I use only feminized seeds, so if there is any damage I just veg a couple weeks longer to get the plant big enough/ healthy enough to justify sending it to bud mode. I have broken main branches off entirely and electrical taped them back, and they heal themselves. Weeds!

Here is a beautiful ice bomb part of my current grow. This one vegged 90 days! Its huge takes up the entire 4x4 grow tent. I usually run 900 watts hps.
2nta0c4jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts