What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

come rant in here

RedACD

Man, I came to whine about snails eating my plants. But after reading thru all this, I don't feel so bad. :laughing:

Surfgimp

Fucking bugs and birds! We had 80" of rain this Winter, everything's in overdrive. Grass around the property is 3 ft high, dont have time to deal with CalFires "rules", cuz the garden is priority #1. Biggest headache, ie assrape to start the year? SOWBUGS, roly-polys, pill bugs, whatev... SENT FROM THE SEVENTH LEVEL OF HELL!!!!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...qPh2AnQDQRLy3fuY-LR8jKng&ust=1495933770270728

I lost 2/3 of my starts this year due to these fuckers. I lost ~$1000 worth of hard to find, top-shelf Bodhi et al seeds because of these DEMONS!!! Diatamaceous Earth is my new best friend. I thought is was birds plucking the starts, so I put up Mylar scarecrow ribbon, prob persisted, and the birds just shit on everything anyhow.

I did a second and third round of starts, finally have 180 decent starts to choose the final 50 from. Amendments are in place, gender is starting to show, thank Jeebus.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've been in a shit mood all day. I slept good, got up on the wrong side of the bed, took a nap (I NEVER can just take a nap, but I did), still got up on the wrong side of the bed. I dunno what it is. I'm off work for the next five days, have nothing to do but spend time with my family, and what I'd really like to do is just bitch slap the first mother fucker that desperately deserves it.

I'm also outta weed, so that may have something to do with it.

Wolfshadoe

Here is my rant

Here is my rant

Not on here much as I want to be..

Big timber!!!! GMO ed..The pine tree to resist the pine/wood beetle..
Been going on for over a decade..Beetle eats EVERYTHING in the swamp except the pine tree or ever green..

Even worse they come in this time of year and spray with herbicide..For the first time in well over 30 years of growing them bastards got me!!!:moon:...Had perfect weather{had to tote MORE water} but the girls were just fine....They were blending well with the pines that's all pretty and green....Until them sumbitches sprayed the 8 ft pines and ALOT of my gals..Pines still pretty..Everything else dead and I can only imagine the nesting birds in the area..F****** bastards!! Now that's a outdoor rant!!!

A true GG er always has a back up back up plan:biggrin:
So A BIG F you to big timber!!!
Ps...Wished we had the bird /finger option..
Peace..Happy growing!! <ws>

plantingplants

Fucking bugs and birds! We had 80" of rain this Winter, everything's in overdrive. Grass around the property is 3 ft high, dont have time to deal with CalFires "rules", cuz the garden is priority #1. Biggest headache, ie assrape to start the year? SOWBUGS, roly-polys, pill bugs, whatev... SENT FROM THE SEVENTH LEVEL OF HELL!!!!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...qPh2AnQDQRLy3fuY-LR8jKng&ust=1495933770270728

I lost 2/3 of my starts this year due to these fuckers. I lost ~$1000 worth of hard to find, top-shelf Bodhi et al seeds because of these DEMONS!!! Diatamaceous Earth is my new best friend. I thought is was birds plucking the starts, so I put up Mylar scarecrow ribbon, prob persisted, and the birds just shit on everything anyhow.

I did a second and third round of starts, finally have 180 decent starts to choose the final 50 from. Amendments are in place, gender is starting to show, thank Jeebus.

Didnt know they could be a problem! I lost my first round of starts, $300 of bodhi seeds, last year to a rodent.

HazyBulldog

Dont cha hate when:

You start the day watering, and 5 min in your main pump breaks. Since you were smart, you ordered a replacement pump so you have no down time. Cut the pipes, connect the pipes, turn on the pump and nothing......... Good thing it has a warrentee right? O wait, I never sent that in........

~star~crash~

sorry hazy...sounds like a PITA

i'm in central New York State...in my area spring is still rolling in & we get Glass Snails in the garden & in the bush...they f*cking devour cannabis seedlings and foliage...devour it!

RedACD

Finally got the snails and slugs under control. I ended up raising the pots on a plant stand. Problem now is all the plants are turning out male. :cry: Have one left out of the 5 I started this month. No sex showing yet and am hoping for no balls.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been in a shit mood all day. I slept good, got up on the wrong side of the bed, took a nap (I NEVER can just take a nap, but I did), still got up on the wrong side of the bed. I dunno what it is. I'm off work for the next five days, have nothing to do but spend time with my family, and what I'd really like to do is just bitch slap the first mother fucker that desperately deserves it.

I'm also outta weed, so that may have something to do with it.[/QUOTE
yeah Dan,,i been in a shitkicker of a mood today and broke out the nepalese as soon as i got home but still feel the same just cant do nothing about it now this great [imho] hash as layed me down,,,
so not a bad thing i suppose because i was just looking for an excuse and thas not healthy,,,,,
another day tommorow.....:tiphat:.....s2

kickarse

Bloody snails ringbarked me seedlings, still got shit loads.

For you septic tanks, its arse not ass, an ass is a donkey, an arse is a arse

brown_thumb

My old pickup truck was stolen yesterday. I was helping a couple who had no place to stay until they could cash a check Tuesday. I fed them and they stayed overnight in a second dwelling here. Then, the girl said she lost her phone and asked if she could look in my truck. I was feeling pretty crappy so I handed her the keys... I'M SUCH A DUMBASS!!!

The worst part is they saw my outside grow. If/when they're caught, I'll bet they tell the cops hoping for a lighter sentence. A neighbor, who also grows outside, offered to take the 5 gallon buckets and smaller pots to his place... but that was last night and I haven't heard from him since then. I hope he comes over soon because I'm really nervous about it.

Did I mention that I'm a DUMBASS?!?!

plantingplants

What ever happened with that b_t?

I have another funny rant. So remember my original post about the inverter? Well that was run on a 12v battery. The battery ran out and i charged it for days and it just wouldnt work. I couldnt get it to run the inverter. So i spent $300 sometjing on romex to get power to the garden. Just today i take a look at my 12v battery charger. ITS A FLOAT TRICKLE CHARGER. It keeps charged batteries charged. It doesnt charge empty batteries hahahahhaha what the fuckkk.

Wolfshadoe

Damn. PP..
You are having a shitty deal there..
Lol..mine today is much too long to get into.
But after reading that i will just count my blessings on good electricity..
Peace.ws

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I went to buy a 300gal water tank today for mixing my root drenches. drove an hour to the store that had them. When they loaded it into my truck i couldn't find my tie down straps, must have been stolen out of the back. But the guys said it would be fine without any tiedowns and i listened...

5 minutes on the road and i had just put some music on the radio and when i looked in my rearview mirror the tank was gone, flew out of the bed of my truck. I drove back the same way i came but didn't see it anywhere. so there goes $400 and 3 hours of my time. and i still need a fucking tank.

really not my day. guess its my fault for not securing the tank but i have so much shit on my mind right now...

N

noyd666

reminds me of the time a mate and offsider were bringing home a big freezer we just bought to keep cray bait in and 6 44 gal drums that were just galvanised, drink driving as we did all the time them days, they were in a valley, long winding roads down and up and stopped for a piss stop , was n/time and glanced around back after falling out of the truck and the whole lot was fuk'n gone , bloody drunks, tail gate had unlatched while they sang and drank grog.only about 800 bucks worth gone out the back.

Last edited:
N

noyd666

picture.php
ha pressed the wrong button.

Last edited: