What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Come on in to Tiger's Den - Sweet13 by TRC

not to be rude but lets be real

your using 2000WATTS of lighting and your only getting that much budding? look, some people will always tell you that your grow looks fab or perfect but does it? i mean to me you could have got more better buddage with a 400w and saved a hell a lot of your money on elec bills! The stretch looks terrible on your plants i suggest you train train train unless you dont know how to.

yup go on...dismiss the above....

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Let's be real, you didn't read did you?

No, I'm not using 2000w. The room is wired for 2k, but one of the ballasts is out. Second, we're only a month into flower.

Based on this post and your other posts, rest assured that I'll give your opinion exactly the consideration it deserves.

so what, your using 1000W hps? the stretch is a joke mate please look at how much your plants are strecthing, the more they stretch the more your calyx gets splits up and the more less dense your buds are, im not making this up its facts, fair enough if the stem is thick but they look puny, why did you not train them?

The Budfather

wow^ whats in your gallery MATE :moon: :pointlaug , those girls are gonna be fat im not sure the finish time but they still look like they have alot of time to fill in and as long as there are no signs of heat stress, id say mister kitty is doing just fine! k+ :sasmokin:

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
local grower,

things are not always about yield. there are strains out there of the highest smoking quality which don't yield huge buds.

for some people the quality is more important then the quantity. further more we are dealing with a living thing, which means that things don't always work the same way.

be assured every ounce of home grown is worth the trouble and time it takes to grow it. the quality alone of well grown earth cultivated bud, makes it worth while even if you are harvesting only a basic minimum.

so why not, instead of insults, point out what could have been done better, or to avoid the stretch, under these circumstances, in your opinion? i hope those plants make you end up eating your words, lol. you have no idea how much longer they might take.

NiteTiger

Veteran
local_grower said:
so what, your using 1000W hps? the stretch is a joke mate please look at how much your plants are strecthing, the more they stretch the more your calyx gets splits up and the more less dense your buds are, im not making this up its facts, fair enough if the stem is thick but they look puny, why did you not train them?

You're still here?

Yes, I'm only using 1000w HPS. Once again, had you actually read the thread, you'd know that.

As far as the stretch, what stretch? Unless you're confusing the side branches that didn't even form until after flowering, there is no stretch. The plants were topped in veg, so there are only two main colas on these plants. The branches that appear to be stretched are secondary branches that didn't even form until after flowering started, so sure, those may have some stretching. The main colas have very tight internodal spacing, and will be head to toe bud by the time they're done.

Once again, you're failure to read has left you looking foolish. You have absolutely no clue what's going on in this grow, yet make comments. There's an old saying - "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

However, your post did give me some information I needed. The thread you started where you began insulting everyone who responded began the idea. This last post confirms it for me. You're not here to talk about growing cannabis and help others to grow. You're here to feed your ego. As I said in your thread, I wish you'd take your insipid ways away from IC. However, I can't make you do that. I can, however, take you off my IC. Adios local_grower, I hope people here treat you better than you've treated them.

Gaius, Budfather, Thanks for your comments, I'll be doing an update later this evening.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Day 32 12/12

Man, I don't really know what to say. The pics kinda speak for themselves. :D

So, on with the pics!

5121101306-004.jpg

5121101306-006.jpg

5121101306-007.jpg

5121101306-011.jpg

5121101306-013.jpg

Man, I really like that second pic. Fourth is good too, but number 2 rocks in my book. Yes, I am tooting my own horn a bit, but dammit, I love that pic :D

Til next time! :wave:

somoz

Veteran
frosty...........yummmmmmm......looks good nitetiger and trichs definately speak for themselves.......and they usually say fuck off!!

The Budfather

^ thats exactly what i mean those main colas have really filled in since last pics!! congrats i bet you his girls arent even half as frosty as that :pointlaug ! K+ :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:woohoo: Nite Tiger,

keep on keeping on man. love the frost :D

tell me have you thought of adding some coco to your earth in some future grow? a real good mate whose a perpetual, in earth grower, has started to add about 40% coco, and he's likeing the results a lot. what is your earth actally made of this go round NT?

anway peace and good growings man. :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Wow Nite Tiger, they are looking so frosty! My favorite is your 2nd favorite - that 4rth pic grabbed my eyeballs! Congrats on such well fed and grown girls! :joint:

bubbaKu

Very nice pics, the bud looks amazing! However, I think that local_grower might have said it too bluntly, but maybe you should re-examine your lot. Those buds are very pretty, dont get me wrong, hoever, they should be bigger. Maybe lower the light? I dunno man, i dont wanna argue, but try to keep an open mind, nobody is perfect.

Cheers

B-

NiteTiger

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by with all the comments guys!

somoz- Glad you like those trichs man! I know I do :joint:

The Budfather- Glad you like 'em! As far as local_grower's buds, I don't know, he may be a very accomplished grower. I just don't like his attitude and the way he treats people in our community.

gaiusmarius- Hey hey man, your dedication to this thread is finally starting to pay off with some eye candy huh? :D

Actually, my future plans don't involve soil at all. I've got the full makings for a recirc hydro system (sans pump), and that's the direction I'm planning on going. I know it's a few pages back, but this setup was just temporary until I could get a permanent room built out in the garage, where I would have plumbing. Of course, with the landlord filing bankruptcy, those plans have now changed :badday:

This soil is nothing more than $1.98 Plain Soil from Wal Mart, mixed with perlite. :pointlaug Were I to continue in soil, I would definately add some coco to it, and use a better quality soil mix.

Mr GreenJeans- Glad you like it! The fourth pic is nice, but something about that hazy look of the second one ust struck a cord. Seemed softer, more artistic :D

BubbaKu- Don't get me wrong, I have no illusions that this grow is perfect, far from it! The room is set for 2kw, but one is out, so I only have half the light I should. Also, were this a permanent setup, I would have enclosed both lights in a smaller area to increase my w/sf. As I mentioned to Gaius above, I would also have used hydro. The main purpose here was to find the mother keeper, and the flowering was under less than ideal conditions . I basically was forced to bring them out into flower as I ran out of veg room.

I'm curious though what you're comparing them to that makes you think the buds should be bigger at day 32? I've seen many strains with smaller bud at barely a month into flower. According to the breeder, and other growers, these girls tend to pack on the majority of thier weight in the last two weeks. I dunno, maybe they are small, but I'm reserveing judgement on that until harvest. Hang around, we'll find out together :D

As far as the light, I did indeed lower the light this week, once I was sure they'd stopped thier stretch. It is now dead center of the plants, about 3 inches from the closest cola.

To all- As far as the local_grower thing, I'd like to make something clear. My issues with local_grower have absolutely nothing to do with growing, his skill, pictures, or his lack of either. He may be a very accomplished grower, and may be able to grow the finest ganj in the world.

The thing is, he's an inspid megalomaniac, with no respect for others. He comes into our community, and instead of sharing any of his knowledge, he immediately begins being outright obnoxious and insulting to people who were trying to help him with a question he asked. This type of personality, one who demeans and ridcules others, and demands respect instead of earning it, will never be an asset to a community such as ours. Why? Because people won't listen.

Now, I hate drama, so let's leave off local_grower. He's on my ignore list with the other pointless individuals, so he's out of my thread, and I'd like to keep him that way :)

bubbaKu

Best of Luck Nite Tiger! The larger yielding indica dominant plants that I have experienced tended to shoot out more pistils at this point, at least the indica based 8 week flowering strains that is. I think youre grow looks great though brother, I would be stoked on the quality meds. I hope you're correct about the weight coming in strong at the end! I will dig up some pics to show you what I am refering to when I speak of high yielders. The only reason I am skeptical is because the yield is supposed to be "WOW," I believe your info on page one said. Keep the pic coming, you got some sexy ladies!

I really appreciate your response and I will be sticking with this thread. Can't wit to see how these turn out.

Respect and Well WWishes B-

NiteTiger

Veteran
Day 35 12/12

Quick pics, sorry for the quality, just beat tonight. I'll do a better update next time, promise!

B

BigHerm

Just wanted to say beautiful work, man! :joint: Read the entire thread and learned a lot! Good work, and believe me, there are people out here that appreciate it! Thanks :canabis: :rasta:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey Nite Tiger

here they go, lol. every new update they look fuller and fuller. just like they should. the trichome coverage must be going crazy on those buds. bet you are loving it, to see them develop.

keep up the good work :wave: