What's new

Colorado trade schools. Plumb or Elec

Looking for info on the best way to get into a trade. Plumbing or electrical.

anyone gone through a apprentice type program along the front range and how was it. saw a few ads where you start out as a helper and take certification classes a couple nights a week. starting pay was like 11-12 a hour and bumps every year until after 4 years around 18-22 $ a hour.

I don't know about the front range, but on the west slope, all construction work has taken a hit. Not much ground breaking and not much hiring. I got my experience by just joining a company looking for a helper. After 3 months, they offered me apprenticeship and I took it. Good thing too...finished my certification 2 weeks before they laid me off. Plumbing pays good, electrical pays better, and fire protection pays better than that, but the best paying construction gig you can get would be working with elevators. See if OTIS has any openings for helpers.

I can tell u from experiance I<m an 16 yr electrician. The appenticeship for plumbing or electrical is about the same as nights per week and so on and so forth but From what i have seen in all my years plumbers have it easier than electricians and they make just as much money or more.Save your back be a plumber !

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
There used to be one of the best gunsmithing schools in Colorado Springs. It's a thought, EH?

SGMeds

I can tell u from experiance I<m an 16 yr electrician. The appenticeship for plumbing or electrical is about the same as nights per week and so on and so forth but From what i have seen in all my years plumbers have it easier than electricians and they make just as much money or more.Save your back be a plumber !

This is so funny... made me think of the guys we had pull 3 phase through the metal tubing... up, 90, long run, funky 90x90 riser over other pipe, 90... u get the idea.

4 of them tried w the grease, had to call & wait on a 5th to get enough leverage.

Man, that looked like some work! lol

Also funny, all the other tradesmen called the sparkies the laziest bunch of the lot! lmao