What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado seeds off the shelf

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the response. I have read all of the info you linked to. The only problem I seem to have is they don't think anyone grows outdoor. No info about mold or disease resistant. I didn't know that they couldn't sell seeds from outside Co. Makes a little more sense. Can these breeders be contacted directly. I have so few questions. Can't believe nobody knows anything about the Colorado genetics. Makes me worry that they are fly by nighters. Dump seeds and move on. Any thoughts anyone?

colorado is dry, not much mold on outdoor plants here, its mostly desert here. PM maybe, but bud mold on outdoor plants in colorado - not a good place to test for those kinds of issues with strains.

as for "can't believe nobody knows anything about the colorado genetics"..... lots of people know plenty, maybe not the EXACT info you are looking for.
yes breeders are available to contact directly, have your TRIED reaching out to ANY of them yet?

as for "fly by nighters"; im sure some are out there, perhaps even some on the above list are, in it just to sell out and get out.... in this industry even some of the best breeders dont stick around - life issues, legal issues, health issues; things get in the way sometimes.

have you tried looking up grow reports of some of the strains that you are interested in and are available in colorado? that might give you an idea of what's going on, maybe you might be someone who knows anything about colorado genetics :D

Last edited:
colorado is dry, not much mold on outdoor plants here, its mostly desert here. PM maybe, but bud mold on outdoor plants in colorado - not a good place to test for those kinds of issues with strains.

as for "can't believe nobody knows anything about the colorado genetics"..... lots of people know plenty, maybe not the EXACT info you are looking for.
yes breeders are available to contact directly, have your TRIED reaching out to ANY of them yet?

as for "fly by nighters"; im sure some are out there, perhaps even some on the above list are, in it just to sell out and get out.... in this industry even some of the best breeders dont stick around - life issues, legal issues, health issues; things get in the way sometimes.

have you tried looking up grow reports of some of the strains that you are interested in and are available in colorado? that might give you an idea of what's going on, maybe you might be someone who knows anything about colorado genetics :D
That pretty much answers my question. Thanks Avinash. I had no idea that Co was so dry. Makes sense that they would have to wait on the genetics to find there way out on the snail trail. If I have some luck I will definitely relay it:). I will change my research to focus on what they have crossed with in house and hope for the best:dance013: I will try to call the breeder as well. I figured I would just talk to some flunky in the back. But if I can talk to the breeder, that would work.

Sorry if I come across as an ass. My wife told me to use smiley faces so she will know what I am thinking. I don't communicate very well. Take everything with a big grain of salt. I'm always joking:tiphat:

Ok, I'm back. The Green Man had flufhead by The Bank seeds. The genetics were not mold resistant.Bummer! Helpful growers behind the counter. Ended up going on Craigslist. Got 6 different beans. Went to four others and no seeds or medical only.

jesbuds

Green Man used to have Rare Dankness stuff, The Clinic carries Reserva Privada CO, believe Denver Relief sometimes has 303 Seeds and wanted to check out 14er in Boulder but just never got up there.

I have a few packs of Rootseller but as far as I know the one dispensary they were paired with has been shutdown (they got greedy and faked licenses) so they can't be bought anymore.

Thanks Jesbud. If I get back out the soon I will check it out. Probably a year from now. I will make it a mission to go to 14er in Boulder next year. Didn't have the time this year. I'll post again earlier next year. And I had no idea that there was a Colorado growers thread until I posted this. I have been lurking here for 3years. My bad lol.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Shooter, You really are asking for something that maybe doesn't exist here. Since humidity is not a problem here (most days).... I'm guessing that you won't find a lot of info on Mold resistance.

Additionally, there is not a lot of 'outdoor' here, because of the legislation that requires (enclosed and obscured from the public). Not saying it doesn't happen, just not as widespread as is Ca.perhaps.

I've not grown any 'local' strains myself, so not a great help. sorry
I've been wandering about additional seeds myself... Alien Genetics' Kandy Kane is a curiousity for me, as I know someone who smoked and liked it (a lot).....

What I've grown has come mostly from Serious Seeds and TGA..... AK47, White Russian, Bubble Gum, Vortex, Jilly Beans, etc... mostly grown from F2 and F3 backcrosses. I've never been in a retail establishment, and never had a 'card', so haven't been in the backrooms of the Dispensaries either. As I mostly eat cookies, and smoke my own 'homegrown', it's not been a 'burning' issue for me. :biggrin:

I take it you are not a Co. resident?

Colorado compliant.

midwestkid

Veteran
There is an awesome outdoor grow report section on this site somewhere. It usually has the growers latitude, strain, vendor and their results. The subject of mold resistance has been covered you just need to look for the outdoor guys..... say you some time and tell you an older member who passed on named Silverback. He recommended kc33 by contains. And maple leaf indica by sensi? A lot of people have said most purple strains show mold resistance as well. Keep on hunting. Good luck