What's new

Colorado Outdoor 2: Saga continues...

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you going to use for the light dep tarp? Anything fancified/special-like made?

This reminds me.. I've been threatening to buy a cheap greenhouse for the past few years, just for right-handed flowers and veggies, .. But then when I think about it, I wonder.. Is it really gonna allow me do to do much more, or do I just like the idea?

I'm fingerin' it'll be too damned hot to use in the thick of summer, .. So I presume I could use it to jumpstart in spring, and extend (in containers) in the fall..? Hmm.

I have a small greenie. And last summer had a dozen girls in it never took em out once even when the temp was in the upper 90's. they handle it like champs! Of course they where sucking water like crazy. Just have to leave the windows open and they roll up on the bottom also. Now if you live in the city they still stink so that cold be a problem.

Damn hot Carl already putting in work. Nice I probley have another month before the damn snow melts. And with out the plastic you will get bigger flowers! So you got that right too. Btw I dropped those beans today so ill be right on your heals

calientecarlos

Veteran
Silver I gonna buy some cheap big tarps. 2x brown 1x white. It'd be nice if I had plastic to extend seasons sure but I plan on building greenhouse so why french toast with a hooper.. that n i'm too cheap to buy that ish when I can just dolly plants for few weeks til its warm nuff n stuff..

Guy I love the steppe biome i'm in right meow. I will run back to the forest some time but fur meow I can dig. My buddy has plastic hoop n first year, 2 ago, he did very well but last year he had tall spindly hash trash trees it was sad. Best o luck n cheers!! This season gonna be a big juan.

calientecarlos

Veteran
Might be moving to Moab!! Kinda burnt on colorado.. jeep errday would be tits mcghee.. not til fall anyhow got a banger season ahead!! soul has been douched via lots of hallucinogens in the desert with good peeps.. game on wayne!!!!!!! hope no one was worried..

picture.php

calientecarlos

Veteran
Barely made it back with the last few snowstorms out there. Winter said hey buddy!!! Pay to play.. it was beautiful though n totally worth it! Meow back to "work"..

calientecarlos

Veteran
Worked on hoophouse today.. shit is ghetto I gotta re think that fucker..I want the tarp to tuck in inside the existing fence so I gotta get some pressure treated 2x6's so I can lag uprights to the 2x6 for anchorage inside the fence.. need room to tarp n untarp is what I discovered I'd need more of today.. so basically a 2x6 frame 18'' smaller than garden I must buildeth..

Here's the seedlings 5x straw cough on left n the rest is other misc..
picture.php

10x PPP & PHD ready to be topped cloned n buried in lightdep..
picture.php

BlueHashplant clones sure why not???
picture.php

Glue roots taking off finally
picture.php

Gonna pop a shit ton more seeds this week just in case. They can always go guerrilla if I get too many females :headbange

take it sleezy
~cali wowie

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Get'n your girls together I see... :bigeye: look'n forward too the cool
outdoor pics, that's if you ever get the hoop`e thing`e finished ?

:whistling: Whistle while you work... :mopper:

calientecarlos

Veteran
Thumbs in our asses... god dang it Farva!!!!!

Yeah Sprout I was immediately reminded today how much extra work I've created for myself... but in the end if I could get an extra harvest earlier what's to lose.. the hoop basically just keeps tarps off plants but I get some gnar wind so that bitch has to be solid..

I was bored today so I tried to nigRig it couldn't n got frustrated... I blame the resin.. I got all black gold'd n went n dick'd aboot...

calientecarlos

Veteran
Stay extra safe is what we always said!!! Colorado safety meetings are usually bi-hourly and they really help relieve jobsite tension lol..

calientecarlos

Veteran
mmmm.... nunya rings my fav!!!

So dis what I MacFarva'd togeth yester all hopped up on harlem hash... i said wtf is the tarp gonna go?? I got quite sad n agg'd n had a breakdown started throwin ish n punchin crap somethin snapped it felt good to release but I was still bummed bc I really hate ghetto shit meow... apparently more than ever..

picture.php

picture.php

some 2x6 n lag bolts n we good. prop prep prev piss poor perf... kiss my ass method..

anyhow
~cali tonto extremo

silver hawaiian

Veteran
SAFETY: EARLY AND OFTEN

I'm diggin' it, mostly, but you do make a good point that I hadn't thunked on befur.

I'm curious to see how you're gonna secure the tarp down (down) to the sides..?

Also, what're the plans for bracing on the sides? I see some folks use more PVC ribs, and then also use string/bungees to kinda "fill out" the gaps, so's the tarp can flap against that in the wind (and not just continue to gooooooooooORIP).

AfEngineer FTW, and nice work raging out and relieving some AGH

calientecarlos

Veteran
i'm gonna buy the tarp extra big so i can fold/roll the sides n stack railroad ties or cinder blocks on top of. I'll have 4x lateral pvc stringers for side bracing. Really the tarp will only be on for few hours each eve.. no way i'm gettin up @ dawn errday.. chew kidding me mang???

silver hawaiian

Veteran
i'm gonna buy the tarp extra big so i can fold/roll the sides n stack railroad ties or cinder blocks on top of. I'll have 4x lateral pvc stringers for side bracing.

Ahhhh, I like it - nice'n stoner simple :joint:

Really the tarp will only be on for few hours each eve.. no way i'm gettin up @ dawn errday.. chew kidding me mang???

How're you posta sleep 'til noon urrday?!

calientecarlos

Veteran
Yesterday I popped 10x Leb27xDeep Chunk seeds into jar o agua on heat mat. This morning all 10 had sunk n 6 have already got sprout tails!! Vigor be with this one! Thx Guy!!

Jubei

Nice! I just got here. I was thinking of putting up a greenhouse as I'm in town. Looking good. Like your idea on the hoop house. Think I'll have to secure mine a little more with a door and night cams. Great work!

calientecarlos

Veteran
Thx Jubei!! Yeah free light is pretty awesome!! My goal is to never ever have to flower indoor ever ever again. I got other shit to waste energy and money on..

Latest posts

Latest posts