What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado networking

Hydro8

Thanks Guys, Good times. Nice lunch and tailgating 60 degs in February, gotta love Colorado.

@Putembk, Glad you like the Lemon Skunk.

The clones from Saturday are getting adjusted to their new home. I am stoked, a couple of superb strains ! In a couple of days I will put them in hydro and run them with the Jack's nutes Defacto gave me.

CowboyTed

Hydro. Just tried your Lemon Skunk. Nice job my friend. Smoke is nice and cool on the back of my throat. Lemon flavor on both the inhale and exhale as well. I find that if I take a smaller hit first I get a better flavor out of it. Nice erotic buzz as well. Love it.

I have enough for a second bowl....and am gonna enjoy it right now..

I had some of the same observations about Hydro8's Lemon Skunk: nice flavor, not just odor. I enjoyed a few bowls of it yesterday too.

His Durban Poison wasn't quite as tasty as the Lemon Skunk, but the high was sure enjoyable!

Nice work, Hydro! :groupwave: Thanks for sharing your successes with us! It's fun to get together with you guys, not just to talk about what we're growing, but to sample the goods as well! In the long run, it will be instructive to learn HOW others manage their grows and then sample the results.

I look forward to our next gathering, of course. If we do it in April, I should have some goodies ready to sample next time: several of Ace Seeds' strains should be in jars by then: Kali China, Orient Express and Snow Moon should be finished, and my Zamaldelica and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian will still be in the cabinet finishing about 4/20.

If any of you wants to try growing those strains, take a drive out into the country, where cuttings are plentiful! I only had the Orient Express cuttings last weekend. It was the only one of my Ace seedlings big enough to give up cuttings last week. Next week they should all be big enough.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Dog and Defacto need to check in with their thoughts. I know Dog was watching those 20 year old waitresses.....you are old enough to be their father....dirty old man....

Defacto, I hope you had a nice trip as you have to drive a ways to get here....hope you made it home safe....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wasup peeps, i'll be in denver this weekend, a pal of mine is opening a dispensary in denver (apothecary) and at the lil afterparty we will have a table set up, have seedpacks and t shirts and good vibes....

Defacto

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the new denver apothecary store is on s broadway around Iliff, where patients choice used to be....
their hash is really great, im not big on dispensaries at all but this was worth it

anyhow, sounds like the last meetup went well, still hoping the stars align and i'm able to make it one of these days
i'm glad yall are making it happen, long time coming that something like this goes on in colorado
:good:
:joint:

Sunshineinabag

wasup peeps, i'll be in denver this weekend, a pal of mine is opening a dispensary in denver (apothecary) and at the lil afterparty we will have a table set up, have seedpacks and t shirts and good vibes....

Is RM3 gear from Colorado? They seem to be quite hush, hush and we don't share with outsiders kinda mentality......weird for me just wanting to see what was what. Think I'll look here instead for other options. That is already starting out sketchy.

Sunshineinabag

HOw do you guys figure out which breeder has the better profiles in a state that's LOADED with breeders!? How do you seperate the groupies from the rockstars sorta speak!? I'm just curious what the top 5 breeders in Colorado are for 2019. Can anyone lend some insight!?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
That is a good question Sunshine. It has taken me years to get the stable of clones that I am growing and always looking for something new.

Best advise I can give is reach out to the Colo marijuana community and network yourself into a position where you have access to those individuals.

I currently have 9 strains in my tents (many more if you count my seed collection) and they come from several different breeders. I think picking the best breeder would be like picking the best blade of grass in your yard....good luck.

This site is a good place to start. There is currently a group here meeting every couple of months or so. Come....get involved. Also 4/20 is close. Reach out and meet us. To the right person MOST ALL ARE WILLING TO SHARE.

Sunshineinabag

I prefer seeds to clones, just a personal pref I have. Thankyou for being so candid as well. I used to follow a gentleman on YouTube called motiv 303....... He did my Colorado searches for me back then. I'm just overwhelmed by the variety u guys have. I was misled the first time I asked at a diff thread to a guy who isn't here at icmag. Not wanting to be dramatic or such things.....just trying to focus my energies on 4-5 directions that aren't cash cropper type mindsets. I'm more into finding gems from my homestate, Colorado, Hawaii and Oregon at the moment.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A New York company called TopDawg seeds has moved to CO.
HIGHLY recommended for chem types.

An European company, DNA seeds has also done the same.

Rare Dankness is from CO.

Cannarado, I believe, is from CO.

Man theres a bunch and these are NOT a top 5 listing at all.
My RD beans didn't sprout.
I never have run any Cannarado gear.
and
TopDawg is Top Notch gear.

I am the best pollen chucker in the State!
But that's just my opinion. LMAO!

Hydro8

HOw do you guys figure out which breeder has the better profiles in a state that's LOADED with breeders!? How do you seperate the groupies from the rockstars sorta speak!? I'm just curious what the top 5 breeders in Colorado are for 2019. Can anyone lend some insight!?

Finished product.

It is a fun part of being a hobby grower for me is sampling the dank and when it is wow!! figuring out where to get a clone or seed. Much of the super wow stuff in Colorado is clones.

Many breeders are one hit wonders, that one strain is great but you will be disappointed by the rest of the album.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Cannarado is from Colorado. As a matter of fact he now owns the dispensary right behing Shotgun Willies strip club in Glendale. Good dude and I am growing a couple of his strains. I also beta tested for him and like all breeders experience a lot of it was thrown in the trash after a couple of runs.

The Dog

Good time

Good time

Hey Putembk Thanks for being outgoing and getting these gatherings going as well as the great genetics Sweet Tooth, Diesel and Jackie O. I've got one of each in flower and cloned. Yes I do Love the Ladies and sometimes my eyes roam "I mean how could they not, she was hot "
I mean you gotta remember when you were young, Like me. Like in that military picture you showed us of yourself "all those years ago". LOL

Hydro thanks for the Buds ,that lemon was really lemony taste and smell good job .

Cowboy my grow was not worked too well when you hooked me up with those cuttings . My eyes were bigger than my grow space.
Defacto good seeing you again must be nice living out in the country ,traffic and lines sometimes, are too much in Denver.

Any one wants GG#4 clones or cuttings of any of the stable mentioned above give mention on this post and I will accommodate ,figuring exchange on the 4/20 meet up wherever it happens to be.

Peace and Pot

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hey Dog. Good to hear from ya. Sooooo.....4/20 is approaching fast!! Time for another gathering. What, where, when and why??? We need to fill in those blanks and get this party started.

Sure would be nice if a few more joined in.