What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

I have a patient that has a 12 plant rec and she uses edibles. I count her as 12 plants in my room.

I heard the 5 patient per caregiver limit has been dropped form SB109.. any truth to that?

Also, I saw on the news that there is a new bill, in the CO. House, that will allow dispensaries.... anyone see a copy of that yet?

mcrider

If you are getting your card for the first time, your do gain 3-4 month on what the date would have been on your card due to the registry being so backed up. Yet this would change if they started getting cards out faster.
Yep this is where I am at but I assume it should arrive this month but not holding my breath.
mcrider

Surrender

Does anyone know how legitimate a higher plant count/weight recommendation is?

For example I know someone with a 20 plant card and 6 ozs. Now common sense tells me that the "or whatever is medically necessary" clause makes this legit as it has ALREADY been decided and is writing from your doctor that you need more plants.

Does anyone know how or if this is being enforced?

The question of doctors recommending >6 plants may be tested in court next week.

some more details. The defense attorney is an experienced former prosecutor.

The question of doctors recommending >6 plants may be tested in court next week.

some more details. The defense attorney is an experienced former prosecutor.

Excellent articles, thanks for posting. Doesn't sound like Pueblo is very friendly to MJ Growers. I feel bad for that guy, they are going to fry him if they can, they broke every rule in the book and the judge just ignores it and the case goes forward.... he better hope for a compasionate jury.

I guess I should re-think my plans to do an outdoor grow this summer.... even if it is legal, it sounds like the cops don't care!

I can't believe that case is going forward. It should clearly be dismissed. I don't understand how this can happen. The MMJ community definitely needs to rally around this guy and show heavy support in numbers at the trial. Let them know that they are not going to get away with frying this man in their backwoods system without public scrutiny!

Directrix

I can't believe that case is going forward. It should clearly be dismissed. I don't understand how this can happen. The MMJ community definitely needs to rally around this guy and show heavy support in numbers at the trial. Let them know that they are not going to get away with frying this man in their backwoods system without public scrutiny!
amen

Greenmopho

Yeah man, I lived up in Westminster for a few years. Moved there from Texas. Its a great place to live. People that live there dont really understand how great it is. Im in Florida right now and i know the next time i see those mountains im gonna cry like a baby. Its in my soul man. Its been 10 years since ive been back and thats a long time to stay away from home. Shoot me a PM when you get to 50 post.

LOLOLOL, I grew up in Florida, and I hate it there, everytime I come back to CO and I see those mountains, I can feel it in my soul!!!!!!

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Excellent articles, thanks for posting. Doesn't sound like Pueblo is very friendly to MJ Growers. I feel bad for that guy, they are going to fry him if they can, they broke every rule in the book and the judge just ignores it and the case goes forward.... he better hope for a compasionate jury.

I guess I should re-think my plans to do an outdoor grow this summer.... even if it is legal, it sounds like the cops don't care!

Yeah, Pueblo is notorious for having, shall we say, less than honorable/ethical police officers (read: dirty). The sheriff has made finding grows a priority, meanwhile meth labs proliferate. I've been able to avoid local LEO for years, by following simple tenets: no light leaks, no smell, no trash related to the grow being thrown out (contractor bags and dumpsters are your friend), and most of all NOBODY knows what you are doing.

Outdoors is OK, so long as you only grow a few plants, and utilize natural camo. The guy in question was growing many plants right out in the open IIRC. While MMJ may be legal, cops around here are gonna arrest first and ask questions later. Better to avoid any potential run-in's in the first place IMHO. :hide:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, Pueblo is notorious for having, shall we say, less than honorable/ethical police officers (read: dirty). The sheriff has made finding grows a priority, meanwhile meth labs proliferate. I've been able to avoid local LEO for years, by following simple tenets: no light leaks, no smell, no trash related to the grow being thrown out (contractor bags and dumpsters are your friend), and most of all NOBODY knows what you are doing.

Outdoors is OK, so long as you only grow a few plants, and utilize natural camo. The guy in question was growing many plants right out in the open IIRC. While MMJ may be legal, cops around here are gonna arrest first and ask questions later. Better to avoid any potential run-in's in the first place IMHO. :hide:

Hey Bud :wave:

Yes its best to avoid any run in when if ever posible.

If you live with in a citys limits it might not be a good idea to grow outside any ways due to the pungent smell due to flowering plant.

and just cause ones legal doesnt make it a bright idea to use your own trash can to get rid of stuff, it not just the cops that might go a diving in your trash can, there are other less savory trash can divers out there too.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Hey Bud :wave:

Yes its best to avoid any run in when if ever posible.

If you live with in a citys limits it might not be a good idea to grow outside any ways due to the pungent smell due to flowering plant.

and just cause ones legal doesnt make it a bright idea to use your own trash can to get rid of stuff, it not just the cops that might go a diving in your trash can, there are other less savory trash can divers out there too.

Hey there Ganoderma :wave:

You are quite right, rippers will also use the trash to figure out if a potential target is a grow house or not. There are MANY, all over CO, so don't think you're totally safe because of your location. Rippers look for many of the same things police do: light leaks, smell, and trash diving.

Rippers are VERY REAL, and will take large risks to steal cannabis, including home invasions. I had a friend die from rippers, it CAN and DOES happen. Keep your operation tight, including keeping your mouth shut and minimize your risks. I've been growing for over 12 years, and have yet to have an encounter with any LEO or rippers. (knocks on wood) :hide:

All good points!!! My trick for dealing with grow trash...

I save all trash like fertilizer bottles, grow rocks, rockwool, etc... in those heavy duty contractor bags you can get at the Depot. Then when I take my personal vehicle in for service, usually every six months, or maybe 9 months.. I rent a pick-up truck. So, they work on my car, I go haul trash. I take it to the dump, usually with some old dry wall, or 2 x 4's thrown in for good measure... I look like I am a constuction contracter dumping "job site" trash. Costs about 60 bucks for the truck, and 30 bucks at the dump... sometimes I have 2 loads...

I know, a lot of work, but very safe. Even if the people at the dump checked my trash, there is nothing illegal about possesing fertilizers, or rockwool, grow rocks, etc...

I dump my leaves and stems in the woods...... I hope that's okay.... it's bio-degradable, right?!

Anyway, my 2 cents.....

Directrix

All good points!!! My trick for dealing with grow trash...

I save all trash like fertilizer bottles, grow rocks, rockwool, etc... in those heavy duty contractor bags you can get at the Depot. Then when I take my personal vehicle in for service, usually every six months, or maybe 9 months.. I rent a pick-up truck. So, they work on my car, I go haul trash. I take it to the dump, usually with some old dry wall, or 2 x 4's thrown in for good measure... I look like I am a constuction contracter dumping "job site" trash. Costs about 60 bucks for the truck, and 30 bucks at the dump... sometimes I have 2 loads...

I know, a lot of work, but very safe. Even if the people at the dump checked my trash, there is nothing illegal about possesing fertilizers, or rockwool, grow rocks, etc...

I dump my leaves and stems in the woods...... I hope that's okay.... it's bio-degradable, right?!

Anyway, my 2 cents.....

you're making it way harder than it should be.

driving to the trash dumb in a pick up truck with tons of growing paraphernalia just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

do it in smaller trips if you really have that much trash.

driving to the actual dump is like saying you're getting rid of something you don't want some one to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
you know composting might not be a bad idea as to how to deal with left overs, just the organic waste that is.

just fill up a big black trash bag and everytime it gets full with "growing paraphernalia," then just take it to your local shopping center/restruant and you can just throw it in their dumpesters.

Did you know you can be prosecuted for stealing for this? It's illegal, I know because as a Property Manager (day job) when I catch someone doing this I am supposed to call the police! Anyway, I haven't ever actually called the cops, but we do catch people doing this all the time. The tenants usually call me with the license plate number, and sometimes I've caught them red-handed. So, I'd rather go the legal route of disposing of my trash, and pay the dump, instead of letting the building owner take the hit for the cost of hauling my trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know composting might not be a bad idea as to how to deal with left overs, just the organic waste that is.

I'm going to try that this summer.. unfortuantely it's only warm enough to compost for 4 or 5 months a year here. I also want to get one of those garden chippers, so I can chip all my stems and leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts