What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Get Raided!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
:laughing: really?

unless one of us legal colorado growers goes over the border the feds pretty much leave us the fuck alone. i know there aint much drama in that but it's the fucking truth.

these dicks that you feel sorry for are not going to guantanamo and the feds won't be knocking at my door anytime soon. OK?

are you from colorado?

You are correct about being left alone if you act like they wish you to act.

I would like the people in this thread that are applauding / accepting federal intervention to understand that the people being whacked by the FED are not HURTING any cause. In fact they are providing cannabis to the prohibition states. Don't people / patients in prohibition states deserve cannabis as much as any other human?

If people in prohibition states should have access to this flower then the grower, broker, and transporter who gets this amazing flower into the darkest corners of this country is deserving of your help and praise. He is not deserving of our scorn or the scourge of armed thugs paid for with our tax dollars.

The grower deserves our respect be he white, black, brown or yellow. The plant needs to be freed world wide, and we as growers need to NEVER stand against another NON VIOLENT grower.

Just my opinion.

:joint:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I hate the whole plant count/number thing. No matter how many plants you have, its about watts/lumens and genetics. You can only average so much per watt, before no matter what, it wont get past ???grams per watt indoors.

Whats the difference if you do a quick, end of season SOG outdoors with 10,000 clones,
or do a full season grow with 24 monster plants?
The yield still ends up the same. This law needs to change. It should be about final wieght numbers. Not about plant count.
This will take the small yielders off the market and hurt future generations of possible genotype combinations to be found. I would rather take higher quality genetics that yield less, and add a plant or two to make up the dif, than grow cash croppers all the time.

IMO....ignorant people that are in charge of regulating marijuana grows, will only hurt this plant in the long run. Either make it as legal to grow MJ as it is a corn stalk or keep things the way they are. Nothing has changed in the game with these new laws...
...Its grown. Its sold at $50 an 1/8th. End of story.
So because you can go to a store and buy it makes things different? Ide rather go to my buddys house and give him the money for his hard work, and see him prosper in his life, instead of it all being syphoned off by the government who will use this money to terrorize its own people and strengthen the war on drugs.

I disagree entirely wrt plant counts vs weight. As it is in Colorado, home growers can possess any amount that they plausibly could have grown in their homes. There is no weight limit at all. We can create personal inventories of past grows, make direct comparisons strain to strain, have smokeables for every occasion. We can give it away as Christmas presents.

You're still thinking in small time outlaw grower terms, about making money. That's not the point of Colorado legalization, at all. If you can't grow more than you can smoke under Colorado law, you're not doing it well, imho. Hell, a couple could step up to Gettogro's methods, harvest 15 lbs from 6 Wifi plants every 4.5 months and still be legal under Colorado plant count rules. You won't be smoking that up unless it's a big party at your place, 24/7/365. Not everybody can do that, for a variety of reasons, which is why we have medical & retail.

It's not just about tokers, either, but about everybody else, about unloading the legal system & directing it more towards the thugs & charlatans among us. Yeh, sure, we have to pay taxes on commercial cannabis, but so do tobacco users, drinkers, gamblers, hunters, fishermen, water skiers & everybody else, one way or another.

It's a helluva lot better than the way it was when I was a much younger man, when even possession of small amounts could get you hard time, or the way it still is in some very repressive jurisdictions. I just try to count my blessings, consider myself to be very fortunate indeed to live in a place where the right to grow my own is enshrined in the State Constitution. That's not the case anywhere else in the whole world.

Perfect? Nah. I'd like it if cannabis were as legal & as regulated as sunflowers, but I can work with the way it is.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Nothing has changed in the game with these new laws...
So because you can go to a store and buy it makes things different? Ide rather go to my buddys house and give him the money for his hard work, and see him prosper in his life,
With the new taxes it will be even more difficult to supply that $50 1/8th and still make money. The quality is going to be disgusting.

Meanwhile your buddy is selling their stuff for $50 a 1/4. This means the retail shops are going to be trafficked by tourists and the people who feel it's absolutely necessary to follow the rules... and also the folks who don't know the grower down the street.

I see a significant number of the population of Colorado growing their own within 3 years.

I am SOOOO glad I didn't get into the retail end of cannabis in Colorado. *Schweeeew!*

Keep it Clean! :D

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
We can create personal inventories of past grows, make direct comparisons strain to strain, have smokeables for every occasion. We can give it away as Christmas presents.

Not TRUE. How many strains can you compare when you are only allowed THREE plants in flower at any given time?

Their RULES about the number of house plants that you may have in your own home are IMMORAL.

monsoon

I would rather take higher quality genetics that yield less, and add a plant or two to make up the dif, than grow cash croppers all the time.
>snip<
Ide rather go to my buddys house and give him the money for his hard work, and see him prosper in his life, instead of it all being syphoned off by the government who will use this money to terrorize its own people and strengthen the war on drugs.

As Jhnnnn notes...you want the legality but you also want to sell the plant and make $$$.

Before it was "legal"....all of it was illegal. now you can GROW IT.... but the same illegality exists when you sell it. You want it both ways...as do many others who speak that there should he NO plant counts or any restrictions whatsoever.

Folks have it SO easy now....yet...it still isn't enough...

and no..the Feds aren't coming to your house....nor do these recent actions represent ANYONE who is merely growing and smoking. Those who get popped are doin the above gig en masse'...growing and selling... and thinking it's all "legal".....then bitching it isn't when they get popped. Fuckin Duh. Serves em right.

Avi.....what I meant was that all of these Big boys swingin their dicks NOW didn't have ANY balls back in the day to play the game....they only showed in state WHEN IT ALL GOT EASY. I'm sick of hearing how tough it is for them and their 5K plant grows when I still know guys in prison for growing 20 plants in the 90's. No one should go to jail...but no one should be allowed to grow 5000 plants either...especially while others are still in jail for less...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

What was it like for the guys of 1913? No rules about plants, no rules on who you could sell a plant to, no government employees getting paid off of your EFFORT.

Must have been a cluster fuck of murder 100 years ago when the government had ZERO interest in your gardening habits.

We need more rules, because it is SO easy paying for these psychotic pigs and the cages for our brothers.

monsoon

I would rather take higher quality genetics that yield less, and add a plant or two to make up the dif, than grow cash croppers all the time.

>snip<

Ide rather go to my buddys house and give him the money for his hard work, and see him prosper in his life, instead of it all being syphoned off by the government who will use this money to terrorize its own people and strengthen the war on drugs.

As Jhnnnn notes...you want the legality but you also want to sell the plant and make $$$.

Before it was "legal"....all of it was illegal. now you can GROW IT.... but the same illegality exists when you sell it. You want it both ways...as do many others who speak that there should he NO plant counts or any restrictions whatsoever.

and no..the Feds aren't coming to your house....nor do these recent actions represent ANYONE who is merely growing and smoking. Those who get popped are doin the above gig en masse'...growing and selling... and thinking it's all "legal".....then bitching it isn't when they get popped. Fuckin Duh. Serves em right.

Avi.....what I meant was that all of these Big boys swingin their dicks NOW didn't have ANY balls back in the day to play the game....they only showed in state WHEN IT ALL GOT EASY. I'm sick of hearing how tough it is for them and their 5K plant grows when I still know guys in prison for growing 20 plants in the 90's. No one should go to jail...but no one should be allowed to grow 5000 plants either...especially while others are still in jail for less...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the explanation.

as for big dicks w no balls...
as far as im concerned, it took more balls to do this on the in the dirty dirty south than ever in co.... the south just seems way more.... oppressive and judgemental, more privacy here in CO.
ime colorado is MUCH less oppressive with cannabis, even BEFORE 2008, i think it would have been safer/easier to do safely in CO.... shit i've had many exp. with police here in CO and they are WAY more reasonable/ not-oppressy in colorado than in the south... esp. if you have the littlest bit of color to your skin, dark hair and eyes... instant "racial" profiling.... put it this way, if i were pulled over anywhere on the east coast south of DC, i was taken out of the car and searched, everytime, no matter what. In CO, been pulled about 8 or ten times (maybe more) for various reasons.... never been searched, even back to 2008, even when i have herbs on me, the police NEVER ask to see what i'm carrying, just to see paperwork/redcard, that's always been enough for them.

and... I don't hold it against people for coming to colorado in order to participate in the cannabis scene here, grow their own, enjoy the freedoms granted by a20 and a64.... I actually respect people who make the life change of packing all their shit up, coming to a place where they have no pre-existing contacts or friends, setting up a grow, finding a new job, meeting new friends... none of that is easy, and it can be argued that it takes considerably more "balls" to relocate to protect yourself from cannabis prohibition laws/drug war mentalitly states than it does to have lived in co for decades and watched this happen in your "home state".
now when those transplants start acting the fool, selling weight to randoms, hitting the highways out of state w. lbs, growing w/o paperwork or way over their numbers.... that's when the problems arise, but i think there are just as many transplants acting irresponsibly as there are CO peeps breaking the rules badly and bringing down the heat on us ALL...

as for 5k plant counts... if you have the paper work to back it up, lots of patients...
i highly doubt that there are many "private caregivers" working at that level, but probably MANY dispensary grows with super high plant counts and the patients to back up those numbers.... i think it's unfair to say "noone should be able to" to it at this level....
nothing wrong with that imo, it's gotta get grown somehow to meet the (in state) demand.

mowood3479

Veteran
I hate to see body armor wearing, machine gun toting jack boot wearing thugs, break down doors and steal peoples hard work... Whether they be freelance, local or federal gun toting thugs, they r thugs just the same.
As for diversion of meds to non med states.. Why do u guys in med states act as though u have some more compelling right to the herb than anyone else.
The med scene has looonng been a cover/guise for quasi legal commercial production.
Metric tons of weed gets shipped out of ca, co, wa, every year.
If u med state guys r following the rules n not shipping out of state (or making sure its not being diverted down the line) then good for u, ur safe on ur high moral ground.
But id venture an informed guess that somewhere around 70% of the herb produced in med states is diverted to non med states.
Now, i dont care.. Imo we all have the right to produce and sell as much herb as possible...
Regardless of medical status.
My point is, the leave us alone we r med patients argument is weak. A better argument is leave us alone, its none of the government bizness what u do as long as u dont hurt Anyone n u pay ur income taxes.
My vote is to disarm the federal government. Seriously does anyone get what im saying?
Med pot might be a step in the right direction but it is still a sham.. And helps prop up prohibition..
Im just bummed. N i hate to see people condemning other growers for not following rules that were and are bullshit to begin with.
Just wish someday, that logic was the guiding force in the us.

Cool Moe

Veteran
sure, if you're a Nazi or a Facist.

dude the cartel guys you're defending just showed up a few years ago and took everything that the feds just took back from them. they supposedly "bought" the dispensaries and grow warehouses but oh yeah they just forgot to actually pay for em. you're slingin some mighty flames there bro, oughtta at least know your facts before jumpin on that high horse.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
dude the cartel guys you're defending just showed up a few years ago and took everything that the feds just took back from them. they supposedly "bought" the dispensaries and grow warehouses but oh yeah they just forgot to actually pay for em. you're slingin some mighty flames there bro, oughtta at least know your facts before jumpin on that high horse.

If so the sellers didn't select very good buyers and may or may not have wished to complain to the local court.

The argument that we need to arm federal pigs to protect weak stupid sellers from strong arm buyers doesn't comport with western / cowboy values.

The quasi legal status of this flower is the only way cartels and gangs can strong arm at all.

There is no need to reward the government with approval for the problem they created. And has been mentioned in this thread the state of CO may have fallen down protecting the contract rights of Coloradans, yet the same government NEVER failed to collect HUGE TAXES.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I don't hold it against people for coming to colorado in order to participate in the cannabis scene here, grow their own, enjoy the freedoms granted by a20 and a64.... I actually respect people who make the life change of packing all their shit up, coming to a place where they have no pre-existing contacts or friends, setting up a grow, finding a new job, meeting new friends... none of that is easy, and it can be argued that it takes considerably more "balls" to relocate to protect yourself from cannabis prohibition laws/drug war mentalitly states than it does to have lived in co for decades and watched this happen in your "home state".
I'm a transplant to here from 3 years ago... :tiphat: California vibes were just too insane. Transplant to California too... came from a very non-medical state before that.

I have to say that it was easier to find good quality meds in california than colorado for sure. In Cali when you mentioned the poor quality of the meds they would shrug and say "This is what we have right now..." In Colorado I'm told "Nobody else is bitchin"??

Talk to the people on the streets that are savvy to quality cannabis and they'll all say the same... street quality is usually better and often cheaper. Lots and LOTS of folks are beginning to grow their own.

Keep it Clean! :D

barnyard

I'm not defending the cartels...

I'm not defending the cartels...

In no way am I defending the cartels...I'm defending justice. Stealing from thieves is still stealing. Do you understand what due process is Moe?

Did you read Jessica's feedback that I posted earlier in this thread? She pretty much sums it up including the point that the failure of the regulatory agencies contributed to the problem.

We can't have justice w/out an arrest and due process. Why is that so difficult for you to understand Mo?

barnyard

oh, and another thing Mo. As long as we're getting our facts straight, the scenario about non-payment of the dispensaries is a civil matter not a criminal matter. So what you are saying makes absolutely no sense.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Columbian Cartels have moved into CO

Columbian Cartels have moved into CO

20131125_hector_diaz_comlaint_p1.jpg

Club operator Hector Diaz is shown wearing a DEA baseball cap and holding up two authentic-looking semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines, one in each hand. Diaz also appears to have two additional handguns stuck inside the front of his pants.

---------------

Fed raids on Colorado marijuana businesses seek ties to Colombian drug cartels

Colorado marijuana businesses raided this week by federal agents are being investigated for a possible connection to Colombian drug cartels, sources told The Denver Post on Friday.

Three sources who have knowledge of the investigation spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.

Investigators believe the raided businesses were all "one big operation," one source said.

On Thursday, federal agents swarmed more than a dozen dispensaries and grow warehouses in Denver, Commerce City and Boulder County, according to sources. At least two homes were also targeted.

Investigators say those targeted in the raids had been actively purchasing area dispensaries and grow warehouses over a sustained period of time, one source said.

A search warrant obtained by The Post included 10 "target subjects" who were owners of businesses or people connected to medical marijuana businesses.

One of the raided dispensaries — VIP Cannabis, in Denver — had applied for state licensing in 2010, but regulators have not approved or rejected it, said Julie Postlethwait, spokeswoman for the state Marijuana Enforcement Division, part of the Department of Revenue.

She declined to give a reason for the three-year wait.

Ninety-six medical marijuana businesses are operating while their license applications are pending with the state, according to state records. At least a dozen of them are connected to the 10 individuals named as targets.

On Thursday, an armed SWAT team raided an Englewood home that is listed as the residence in business records for two targeted subjects, 26-year-old Carlos Solano and Luis F. Uribe.

Solano and Uribe couldn't be reached for comment Friday.

The 5,421-square-foot house, which is assessed at $1.3 million, is about a mile from the home of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

"We didn't know them," said one neighbor, who, because of safety concerns, requested not to be identified. "We never saw the people. It was a huge surprise, seeing guys in full SWAT outfits carrying AK-47s. Usually, you see people walking their dogs."

Federal officials wouldn't give specific reasons for the raids — which included agents from the U.S. Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service — other than to say more than one of eight federal concerns about marijuana had potentially been violated.

Those concerns include trafficking marijuana outside of states where it has been legalized, money laundering and providing revenue for criminal enterprises, including gangs and cartels.

Another targeted subject is Denver attorney David Furtado, who denied any wrongdoing through his lawyer, Stanley Marks.

"He clearly denies any implication or allegation that he in any way participated in any illegal activity," Marks said.

State business records identify Furtado as a registered agent — a role often filled by lawyers — for a number of businesses related to medical marijuana.

James "Skip" Wollrab — an attorney for another target, Laszlo Bagi, 48, owner of Swiss Medical in Boulder — said Bagi did nothing wrong and had no connection to other targets. Bagi's dispensaries and grow warehouses were raided. Wollrab said hundreds of pounds of marijuana worth millions of dollars was confiscated.

Both Solano and Uribe and another one of the targeted subjects, Gerardo Uribe, have been involved in a contentious plan to build a large marijuana greenhouse in eastern Pueblo County, records show.

Pueblo County commissioners in July approved the project on property owned by a company controlled by Gerardo Uribe, GML LLC. Uribe told commissioners he wanted to invest $6 million in the operation, according to The Pueblo Chieftain.

The plan was for Gerardo Uribe's company to lease space to a Denver dispensary called Metro Cannabis Inc. that would be involved in building the greenhouse. Nothing has been built on the property yet, county officials said Friday.

County Commissioner Sal Pace, who supported the project as a boost to economic development, said Friday the county's standard criminal-background check on project applicants turned up nothing.

"From my perspective, we only want good actors in Pueblo County, and if these are bad actors, I'm glad they got busted," Pace said.

Another man listed in a search warrant as a target of Thursday's raids is 50-year-old Juan Guardarrama, who pleaded guilty earlier this year in Miami in a racketeering case with connections to Colombian and Cuban gangs, according to court records and published reports.

In July 2012, The Miami Herald reported that Guardarrama — who used the street name Tony Montana, after the character in the movie "Scarface" — was arrested on charges that he worked with gangs of Colombian and Cuban-born jewel thieves to sell diamonds that had been forcibly stolen from dealers.

As part of the investigation, Guardarrama, a Cuban immigrant with deep ties to the Miami area but who was living in Denver, asked an undercover police officer to help him distribute 20 pounds of Colorado-grown marijuana in Miami, The Herald reported, citing police records.

Guardarrama also asked the undercover officer to "take out" a business partner in Colorado who had "disrespected" him, The Herald reported.

Guardarrama held a valid medical-marijuana employee license in Colorado beginning in August 2011 and that expired this past August, according to the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division. According to court records, Guardarrama was sentenced to 10 years in prison in the Miami case and began serving his term in March.

Another target subject, Jared Bringhurst, 33, was formerly an owner of VIP Cannabis and other medical marijuana businesses but withdrew as an owner in January, said Postlethwait, of the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ana-businesses-seek-ties-colombian?source=pkg

-------------

Feds arrest one, seize guns and ammo in Colorado marijuana raids
By John Ingold

The Denver Post
POSTED: 11/25/2013 12:43:12 PM MST89 COMMENTS| UPDATED: 108 MIN. AGO

When federal agents swooped into a swanky Cherry Hills Village home last week as part of widespread raids tied to medical-marijuana businesses, they found a person inside holding a loaded gun, according to a court document unsealed Monday.

By the time they were done searching the $1.3 million home Thursday, agents had collected five assault-style rifles, five handguns, a shotgun and a "large cache of ammunition," according to the document. It did not identify the person with the gun.

One person was detained and later arrested on suspicion of weapons violations, authorities announced Monday. As part of their investigation, agents had obtained an e-mailed photograph that appears to show that man, 49-year-old Hector Diaz, holding two semi-automatic rifles while wearing a Drug Enforcement Administration ball cap.

The details on the raids — disclosed for the first time Monday — come from an affidavit in the criminal case against Diaz and provide new context for the largest federal operation against medical-marijuana businesses ever in Colorado. Agents executed "approximately 15" search warrants during the raids, the affidavit states. Sources have told The Denver Post that the raids — which a search warrant shows targeted 10 men — were part of an investigation into a single enterprise that detectives believe may have ties to Colombian drug cartels.

Diaz, a Colombian national, was charged with a single count of possessing a firearm after having been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa. He could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Appearing in court Monday afternoon, Diaz was advised of the charge against him and ordered held until at least Wednesday, when a hearing will determine whether he should be released and at which time more information about the raids will likely be disclosed.

The raids focused especially on stores, cultivation warehouses and individuals connected to the VIP Cannabis dispensary in Denver. On Sunday, an attorney for one of the owners of the dispensary sent a letter to Colorado U.S. Attorney John Walsh proclaiming his client's innocence. Attorney Sean McAllister wrote that his client, Gerardo Uribe, did nothing wrong under state law and "will be vindicated by a full review of this matter."

"The search warrants were executed against lawfully operating medical marijuana dispensaries under state law," McAllister wrote. McAllister wrote that Uribe intends to cooperate in the investigation and is willing to meet with investigators.

The raids are not the first time, however, the people associated with VIP Cannabis have been accused publicly of marijuana misdeeds.

A lawsuit filed last month in Denver claims Gerardo Uribe and two other men named in the search warrant, Luis Uribe and Felix Perez, have not made good on hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to three men for the purchases of a dispensary on East Colfax Avenue and a grow warehouse on Elizabeth Street. The suit also alleges that the Uribes and Perez were suspected of hiding profits and product from their marijuana businesses and selling marijuana out of state.

"Marijuana product is unaccounted for, proceeds from the dispensary are unaccounted for and Plaintiffs assume that the Defendants have stolen product and money from them," the lawsuit states. Another section of the suit alleges: "Plaintiffs believe that the Defendants may be transacting business with people in other states and do not want to reveal what the businesses are really making or who they are conducting business with."

One plaintiff in the lawsuit is Jared Bringhurst, who is named as one of the investigation's targeted subjects in the search warrant obtained by The Denver Post. Bringhurst wrote in an e-mail to The Post late Thursday that he has no involvement in the case and has sold all of his interests in the raided businesses.

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana...rrested-feds-marijuana-raids-that-seized-guns

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Colorado has seen thousands of canna lovers move into the state ove
Don't be stupid folks...follow the rules...don't get greedy. If you are not on the commercial side of the business get a real day job and then grow in freedom as a hobby.

They are watching us.
Everyone should be able to grow up to 99 plants (per person, not household) as a hobby and trade it as green cash. Then the feds will have to make it legal so they could tax it for all that money and lost economics in addition. If Nixon could devalue gold we could easily value pot. I want to shove it back in their face with their catch 22 tax scheme started in 1930's (Marijuana Tax Act) by Anslinger.

Puppets should be smart over obedient too.

monsoon

thanks for the explanation.

as for big dicks w no balls...
as far as im concerned, it took more balls to do this on the in the dirty dirty south than ever in co.... the south just seems way more.... oppressive and judgemental, more privacy here in CO.
ime colorado is MUCH less oppressive with cannabis, even BEFORE 2008, i think it would have been safer/easier to do safely in CO.... shit i've had many exp. with police here in CO and they are WAY more reasonable/ not-oppressy in colorado than in the south... esp. if you have the littlest bit of color to your skin, dark hair and eyes... instant "racial" profiling.... put it this way, if i were pulled over anywhere on the east coast south of DC, i was taken out of the car and searched, everytime, no matter what. In CO, been pulled about 8 or ten times (maybe more) for various reasons.... never been searched, even back to 2008, even when i have herbs on me, the police NEVER ask to see what i'm carrying, just to see paperwork/redcard, that's always been enough for them.

and... I don't hold it against people for coming to colorado in order to participate in the cannabis scene here, grow their own, enjoy the freedoms granted by a20 and a64.... I actually respect people who make the life change of packing all their shit up, coming to a place where they have no pre-existing contacts or friends, setting up a grow, finding a new job, meeting new friends... none of that is easy, and it can be argued that it takes considerably more "balls" to relocate to protect yourself from cannabis prohibition laws/drug war mentalitly states than it does to have lived in co for decades and watched this happen in your "home state".
now when those transplants start acting the fool, selling weight to randoms, hitting the highways out of state w. lbs, growing w/o paperwork or way over their numbers.... that's when the problems arise, but i think there are just as many transplants acting irresponsibly as there are CO peeps breaking the rules badly and bringing down the heat on us ALL...

With all due respect, Av.....it's apparent you weren't here before 2008...when we had as much heat here as "the dirty south". In fact, until about 2007 patients were getting RAIDED here for their legal counts and making the front page....for growing 6 plants w/ a card.
You just waltzed in late enough (after Holder/Ogden memo, obviously) when the registry went from 3K to 150K patients and the cops had had enough fuckin with it all to not care anymore.

I'd really like to see you try to tell my buddy in prison how much "easier/safer" growing here in the 90's was.

Either way...change has come....for better or worse.

We're just growin here...and avoiding playing into any of their games. We give it away to friends and do what we can to devalue it further. Then we grow more.

same as it ever was.

g'luck

A

AlterEgo860

cops are pussys.. lets go after the potheads so we can take there guns away.. then raid them so we don't have to die.. cops are afraid of the cartels.. and mafias .. and are being paid off by them im sure.. so they go after the non violents to send them to the private prisons who make money off the government by imprisoning people..!!!! just becareful in some cases you need to stay illegal .. to stay safer in the sense that shit.. u don't have anyone knowing shit unless u go around telling everyone.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
exactly, im not ashamed to say i moved here (less of a waltz than you would expect, picking up and shifting across the country) when it became apparent to me that i could safely and legally grow and use cannabis in colorado around 2009.
path of least resistance... nothing wrong with that right?

I think the change that's come is for the better for the cannabis community, i mean, fewer and fewer people in Co are incarcerated for growing each year.... less people like your friend...
I also can't help but say tha a64 (love it or hate it) probably wouldn't have passes if it were not for all the cannabis friendly people moving to colorado between 2009 and 2012.