What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMJOmniscient

So i was wondering if anybody had some good clone resources in CO? I'm just starting my first grow after months of research, but I'm looking for mainly Indica Dominants with a good 4ft final flower yield. Are there any good places that can actually prove the strains genetics are good? I am going to start 1 or 2 mothers, What are the best place to get F1,F2 seeds, and what are the best Strains generally for breeding(mother plants way down the line)?
I'm starting a thread (its in progress) but I'll post it up on here. It should be a great way to spread knowledge through my experience as a new grower. It will be very very detailed, So HEADs up ^^ I'll need some good sensible people with a slight oxygen usage increase (altitude) that can really think Outside of the box, Inside the box (altitude).
Thanks If you don't want to read about Colorado's best secret!
If your every in Aspen CONSIDER THIS (best time is not when its covered in snow lol)
Go up to aspen in the spring (or crested butte if you want to fly, drive really far) and Do the most amazing backpack/Relaxing stay with/out the tents from Aspen to Crested Butte and back when ever your done playing). West maroon trail is beautiful, coming from Aspen to the pass, but once you get over the amazing pass there's acres and acres and acres of beautiful flowers (I literally counted 7 different colors of columbine alone, and some flowers i couldn't find in any book). I've been hiking/mountain biking/back-packing in all corners of the world, This by far shocked me. Chest high flowers surrounded by some of the oldest rock formations. Red rock type of looking 13,000 ft peaks, with "rocky-mountain (longspeak)", to your right, flat iron like formations to the left, and a view more breath taking than the mornings you go ski and first see the peaks covered in snow (I Knnnooowww you know what I'm talking about). It reminded me of the poppy fields in CA, but at list 13 different types of flowers. With a little bit of Brice Canyon and Zion/mixed with Yosemite and Mount Kenya's forest. Colorado's beauty in one safe haven. (not a lot of people use this so please leave no trace.)
Haha that's the best place i could think of in colorado.
Well there you Go! Thanks Appreciate it!

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback.

Most likely the event would be mid/late summer. I would like for it to be as warm as possible. One night.

It all depends on a business deal I am involved with. I could be the new Managing Partner of a fishing resort outside of Aspen. It all has to do with the numbers at this point. I am coming up with diverse ways to make money, so I can increase my Angel Investor capital.

I also have close a friend who works in the music biz, and can get me big names like WSP (for big money of course). That opens up a whole new can of worms though. You get more of a fan base than a breeder/grower crowd. I would really like it to be a meet and greet for the CO ICMAG crowd. Might just get a good mix of local talent, and focus on the event rather than the talent. However, when you are working with someone's money, they are interested in the bottom line. Could just be 50-100 people, and keep it social.

Lodging would be the great outdoors. Lots of bonfires. Some fishing available. The property has a mile of Roaring Fork River meandering through it. Depending on size could be catered.

I don't know.... I really want this deal to work out. I wish the fucking economy wasn't in the shitter.

Last edited:
N

nine7oh

Cross your fingers for today!

"If SB109 passes, it may be the beginning of the end for patients' safe access to their medicine in Colorado, as more and more restrictive bills will be introduced."

More info at DenverPost

State health department data from mid-August showed that three quarters of the recommendations for marijuana were written by 15 doctors, half of whom were banned from writing prescriptions for other drugs such as Percocet and Vicodin.
"Doctor fraud is the core of the problem," said Sen. Chris Romer, the bill's sponsor. "Solve that and you solve 90 percent of the Wild West problem."

Buuuttt i liiikkkeee the wild west!!!

S

Sparkey

Cross your fingers for today!

"If SB109 passes, it may be the beginning of the end for patients' safe access to their medicine in Colorado, as more and more restrictive bills will be introduced."

More info at DenverPost

Buuuttt i liiikkkeee the wild west!!!

I wouldnt count on it passing. The way shits going... and the money i bet this states making off it... the only people who want to stop it are the idiots not realizing... its over. Lukily for us... they arent the ones with power. Colorado has won the pot war in my eyes (as far as a state can go almost). This has got to be the first thing i've heard NOT saying "Pot should be more legal"... every time i visit some news sites its "Colorado trying to hire more people to pass applications" and "New town in colorado accepts pot", "more dispensaries then starbucks; schools; and churches". And within those articles you read "Police chief excited for new laws" and "Judge rules in favor of MMJ patcient"...

Had i not watched two people walk out of the jails with their weed that was taken from them in hand; i wouldnt believe we were doing so well with this. Hell; the one in boulder i bought from the kid! HA! But i think they're just trying all their last few tricks to reverse what we've gained in the last 9 years... But after 9 years; and nothing but moving foreward for colorado you honestly think they'll just toss it out the window? Doubt it... possible; but i doubt they would... IMO of course ;)

MrDank

Veteran
I also have close a friend who works in the music biz, and can get me big names like WSP (for big money of course). That opens up a whole new can of worms though

awesome idea and all, but Panic sells out Red Rocks for 3 nights in a row in 5 minutes. Good luck with that. They probably charge at least $150k+ to perform

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobby, personally I'd rather see local acts (even if it's not my style of music), keep it Colorado related. But I understand that bottom line, this isn't a rainbow family gathering or anything :D Lot of acid causalities at those...

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
awesome idea and all, but Panic sells out Red Rocks for 3 nights in a row in 5 minutes. Good luck with that. They probably charge at least $150k+ to perform

True. That would mean at least 10,000 at 15 (it would be 30-40 though, still that's 5,000 stinkin bodies) a ticket, just to cover the band. Then the associated costs of dealing with that many people.

Then it turns into a Panic concert, and not a meeting of great growers in CO.

Cobcoop: I think a local sampling would be best. Im not into punk, and heavy metal and the like, so it would lean more towards Jam bands and Bluegrass, and such.

The powers at be might not want a mosh pit type crowd there anyways. Stoners, by and large, are a peaceful bunch. I don't want any illegal shit there, for obvious reasons. Doses and X and all that. That's great if you are into it, but that shit is dangerous in the wrong hands.

Ill keep this thread updated, and there will be a discount for this crew. A heady trade show, type thing. With music in the background more than center stage.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well there's no shortage of Jam bands around, that's for sure. Plus with a huge show you would have insurance and all that to deal with, medical staff on hand etc...

It would be cool to have a venue (even on a semi-regular basis) for folks to see what others are working on, be able to trade etc, and just hang out with nothin in particular to do. you'll need to devise an icmag secret handshake or some shit... :thinking:

hey guy's how's it going. hears a couple of new pics of my gardens. currently flowering master kush, power plant and purple star and 10 day's into veg we have royal hawiian, big bud skunk and afgoo or something like that also a couple of ak moms I'm about to move over into the room flowering. happy growing. :smokeit:

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 12

Balazar

Thanks for the feedback.
I also have close a friend who works in the music biz, and can get me big names like WSP (for big money of course). That opens up a whole new can of worms though. You get more of a fan base than a breeder/grower crowd. I would really like it to be a meet and greet for the CO ICMAG crowd. Might just get a good mix of local talent, and focus on the event rather than the talent. However, when you are working with someone's money, they are interested in the bottom line. Could just be 50-100 people, and keep it social.

Local jam bands are just what the Dr. ordered. I love the idea. In fact I think we should find a spot to meet every month for an ICMAG CO growers shindig. I don't want to start a collective. Just a growers club of sorts.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I can probably only pull this off once a year, in the warm months, and in the middle of the week. I told one of my partner's and he said that it would be right smack in the middle of fishing season. Unfortunately, It's going to have to make enough money to cover the rental of the resort for at least two days. It's going to cost something, but I might be able to get my chef to roast some pigs, or grill a bunch of trout. The more I plan this the smaller it gets.

It would be much easier/cheaper to do in the winter, but that would get a bit uncomfortable. No camping either. Might work out fine, if it starts at noon and goes to sunset.

That is unless we got a snow cat out there, and built some jumps! Some big fires! Jumpin over big fires!!!! LOL.

I am the broker on the buyer's side, and all my money has gone into this (small amount compared to the investor money I am responsible for), and I have even taken a loan out on the house I have just built, and I might even sell my baby (car). This whole deal could put me back at square one, if it doesn't go through. Even scarier, if it does go through, I have to make it profitable.... In a recession....

It's hard to come up with lots of money, when banks aren't throwing it at you... I wish I was doing this 4 years ago... The catch 22 is, that if we were not in a recession my investors would not be able to afford this property, as we are seriously low balling them. Lot of strands in ol Duder's head.

Last edited:
P

Paco

I can tap some local acts bobby. From Blues to Jazz, hip-hop, bluegrass to indie. just let me know.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Will do Paco, good to have your support and connections. I think we will be able to put together a fun little gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.