What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munson

Veteran
Not sure if I should give that info away haha j/k. ViCoNaGr. Not gonna spell it out but if you're into healthy living than u should know the place

Originally Posted by Jhhnn
No way that hemp will be grown indoors. It's not that profitable.

Where did I say that hemp would be grown indoors? That's nutz.

I thought the idea was completely crazy as well. But last night on the local news they ran a story about some group building a giant greenhouse just for hemp...WTF? Even if they are doing it for seed production i don't see the reasoning for doing it in a greenhouse. Is this some monsanto BS or what?

Jhhnn

Veteran
I thought the idea was completely crazy as well. But last night on the local news they ran a story about some group building a giant greenhouse just for hemp...WTF? Even if they are doing it for seed production i don't see the reasoning for doing it in a greenhouse. Is this some monsanto BS or what?

This?

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...unty-approves-first-hemp-greenhouse/14762297/

I got the impression that the 2 acre greenhouse was part of the research facility & that hemp would be grown in fields. Or something.

This, too-

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/colorado-angles-to-expand-hemp-industry/

We went to the first ever annual hemp fest in Ft Collins, learned a lot about it. Hempies are a trip in their own right. Enthusiasm & self promotion are rampant, not in a bad way. Met some very serious & knowledgeable business people, even a woman whose family runs hemp processing facilities in Eastern Europe & China. Actual farmers. Structural engineers. Cosmetics. Also dreamers, schemers, trend riders & everybody else.

It's a whole different world of cannabis not about its drug properties at all.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Looks like the buffaloam is available in quite a few places around Colo....

Most recently I've purchased some Eko organic potting soil /Richlawn, it can be had fortified with Kelp and Alfalfa, or a couple bucks less for non-fortified......

I also picked up a 20# bag of worm castings @ O'tooles for $32.... by Age Old Organics (not OMRI certified however). Figureing I'll add the castings to the fortified Eko potting soil.

I'm also adding in a quart or so of Gypsum dust/rock, to make sure the Calcium stays up.

Non scientific side by side with Vermifire this run to see If I'm close to being right or not. Had good results with the Vermifire previously, but wanted to go local and spend less $s while at it.

Yup,,, I'm a cheap SOB too.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like the buffaloam is available in quite a few places around Colo....

Most recently I've purchased some Ecko organic potting soil /Richlawn, it can be had fortified with Kelp and Alfalfa, or a couple bucks less for non-fortified......

I also picked up a 20# bag of worm castings @ O'tooles for $32.... by Age Old Organics (not OMRI certified however). Figureing I'll add the castings to the fortified Ecko potting soil.

I'm also adding in a quart or so of Gypsum dust/rock, to make sure the Calcium stays up.

Non scientific side by side with Vermifire this run to see If I'm close to being right or not. Had good results with the Vermifire previously, but wanted to go local and spend less $s while at it.

Yup,,, I'm a cheap SOB too.

Hey, whatever works....sometimes you do have to be budget minded, esp. spending a fortune on lights, containers, seeds, etc. Who does that with their cucumber harvest?

There's ways to make inexpensive stuff work....

Happy Labor Day, one & all.

Vishus

Having skimmed through this thread, I wanted to introduce myself as a transplant. Been growing here for a couple seasons now but haven't bothered to register myself or my business with the authorities...

Not sure if there is a better place to ask this but... I'm looking for some local cuts and the offerings on craigslist do not seem trust-worthy. Looking for Cookies, LVPK and Bruce Banner #3. Leads, please? And I don't have nor plan on getting a Red Card, so dispensary = no.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey, whatever works....sometimes you do have to be budget minded, esp. spending a fortune on lights, containers, seeds, etc. Who does that with their cucumber harvest?

There's ways to make inexpensive stuff work....

Happy Labor Day, one & all.

As a long time vegetable gardener, I agree completely. Compost is amazing stuff, particularly considering that it's free if you have the means, and keepers of various animals are often eager for people to haul away the manure. A gardener buddy just secured us a free source for something we hadn't tried before- Alpaca poop.

Good shit, Maynard. Really. It's not very "hot" at all, even when relatively fresh. doesn't stink, either, so it's great even for top dressing houseplants & garden use with great abandon. Once the gardens are finished, we'll fetch a truckload, top dress our small gardens, save some for indoor, till it in come spring.

There's an outfit in Pueblo advertising fresh worm castings on Craigslist. Gotta give 'em a try- I figure the stuff will be loaded with beneficial bacteria, as well.

Well the Blue Sattalite is harvested. It looked very frosty and smelled fair. But it looks like less than 2 OZ after trimming...Disapointing since most of my plants have been getting very close to 2 pounds the last couple of years. I hope that they got more stable genetics on the newer versions of this strain. Mine was a free-be and anounced strange aborations...mine was so strange i couldn't figgure out how to trim it...Indead i think that topping it at my usuall time may have made it worse. Smoke report after the cure in about 2-3 weeks.

Now i really want to find something like the Chococolate Thia that i tasted last around 1985. Does anybody know of a strain that has been tested in Colorado that dries out very brown, tastes like Chocolate and the bag even smells a little like hot coa-coa mix?

KiefSweat

Veteran
i got some chocolate and purple thai seeds from some old timers up in the hills. work is every few years they make another batch of seeds and these are like f8s at least.

out door Skunk Berry is plumping up nicely
picture.php

mr. gt

Hey guys. I will be joining you shortly. I wanted to know whats the consensus on being able to grow more than 3 flowering plants. Is it hard to get medical with higher plant counts? I read an article which said documentation is now needed for higher plant counts even with medical. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

~mr .gt

Last edited:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
gt
I talked to a guy the other day who has a 28 plant count.... he 'juices', so the Dr set him up with a higher count.

I keep thinking I'd like to have a higher count but that would entail setting up more space for growing. Six in bloom is more than I currently have room for anyway. I/we, normally have just 4 in bloom because of lack of lights and square footage.

We are still 'recreational', haven't bothered to get our cards. lol We will have to change that if wife starts juicing.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Tell em you make edibles and be prepared to pay... high plant counts cost $... 75 plants is around 350$ to the doctor, and 50 is around 250$.... that's last months prices... I'm still waitin on my replacement card for this year... the state filing fee also went down to 15$

Status
Not open for further replies.