What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby, those plants look amazing. I've been meaning to give bloombastic a shot, thanks for the motivation. I'm going to give AN a shot to see what all the hype is about. I'm not going to go crazy and buy the entire line though, keeping it simple.

P

Paco

Just saw this online
Type: Party - Mixer
Network: Global
Start Time: Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 6:30pm
End Time: Monday, February 8, 2010 at 12:05am
Location: Quixote's True Blue (Formely Owsley's) 2151 Lawrence Street Denver, CO 80205

Description8 DISPENSARIES + LIVE MUSIC FROM SPELLBINDER, THE DENVER

AVENGERZ, & DJs BUSHY BUSH & SWEET JONES + TONS OF GIVEAWAYS

INCLUDING T-SHIRTS/MEDICINE/VAPORIZERS = WHAT???????

!!!!!!!!!!!<The Healing of the Nations MILE - HI Medicinal Bash>!!!!!!!!!!

303, This Event is For the People, By the People! $12 w/MMJ Card or Dr Recommendation Papers gets you in the door w/ a FREE Raffle ticket. We will be Raffling off FREE 1/8th's every 1/2 HOUR & FREE Merchandise as well. All Dispensaries will be Vending and the Bar will be open! The Musicians and the Music involved in this Event are Dedicated to the Enjoyment and Prosperity of ALL MMJ COmmunity Members: Only Good Vibes:)

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just saw this online
Location: Quixote's True Blue (Formely Owsley's) 2151 Lawrence Street Denver, CO 80205

303, This Event is For the People, By the People! $12 w/MMJ Card or Dr Recommendation Papers gets you in the door w/ a FREE Raffle ticket. We will be Raffling off FREE 1/8th's every 1/2 HOUR & FREE Merchandise as well. All Dispensaries will be Vending and the Bar will be open! The Musicians and the Music involved in this Event are Dedicated to the Enjoyment and Prosperity of ALL MMJ COmmunity Members: Only Good Vibes:)
Damn sounds fun, but a sunday night.... :noway:

Paco and bobby shit looks great guys.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Just saw this online

The person who owns this venue is a really descent person, he's done tons of good things for the live music scene in Denver.. Go down and support this event! :deadxmas:

aceofspades

Hey all, just popping in to see how everyone is and let you all take a peak at my most recent harvest.I had 14 plants under a 400 watt light, and got just over 6 ozs of california skunk. This was my first grow in 5 years or so. I used Fox Farm nutes and flushed the plants 2-3 weeks at the end of flowering, they were planted in sunshine mix soil and were in 1 gal. pots.

I am pretty satisfied with the results and have upgraded to a new cabinet with a Super Sun2 600 watt, along with a 400 cfm fan. The new area can house about 30 plants but alas my cloning skills are not super yet and only got about 25 plants. I will be running the same strain one more time, only because I decided wich of the phenos I liked best the last run.

I am also germinating a blue cheese fem seed from barneys that I will be making my mother for the next batch.

Here are a few shots of some dried bud.

DSC01023-1.jpg

DSC01033-1.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

I got plenty more and dont mind those that are not yet trimmed up properly yet, I like to let them dry whole for a couple days and then trim what I can get at, then cure then go back and do the final trim. And of course make some awesome canna butter, and enjoy my scissor hash along the way.

Ace

Balazar

Kelly.;3027145 my tap water is ~55 ppm said:
I would add some cal mag once in a while with that low of ppm for your source water. But if it doesn't look like you have a deficiency don't worry too much about it.

I am looking at replacing my ph+ with liquid silicon. It is a nutrient that is missing in most hydro systems because it is a base and alters the ph. Soil usually has silicon in it.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I am looking at replacing my ph+ with liquid silicon. It is a nutrient that is missing in most hydro systems because it is a base and alters the ph. Soil usually has silicon in it.

Yep, I've been using silica for a few years now, and it does work quite well as a PH+. I figure, if I'm going to have to add something to bring the PH up, might as well be something that will help the plant. I've noticed thicker and more sturdier stems on plants with silica vs. plants without, resulting in the plant being able to hold larger buds. It all works out in the end. :dance013:

homebrew420

I agree BudGood.

Kelly, no bud your right about the CMH, they are only up to 400w. I was asking about the lamp you chose to run? And hopw all works out with your endeavors.

homebrew420

First shot is Matanuska Tundra @ 5 weeks

Second shot is Durban Poison @ 6 weeks

Smells are very similar, growth is not. THe MT is tall and the DP is a squat branching beast. Both smell very floral, like lilly of the valley. Cant wait to try them.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 11
Wow.. Seems like its been forever since I've made a post in this thread or checked the updates!

Put the NYCDx (c99xWW) under 12/12 about 3 weeks ago now and she is exploding in growth. Tons of trichs streaming off of her.

Chopped my blueberry and she is just a divine smelling after using the 2 day dry 4 day jar cure (on and off with the lid every several hours initially then a touch the the finish). She smells and tastes amazing.

Put my NYCDxBlueberry autos in the ground. 3 beans, 3 sprouts. Win. Light fell and decapitated 1. But 2 of 2 female that lived long enough to sex. Which is great odds. Of the 10 beans I purchased. 6 of 10 were female. 1 was male. 2 didn't sprout. 1 met a light up close and personal. :-(

Attachments

• IMGP0413.jpg
    IMGP0413.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0414.jpg
    IMGP0414.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0392.jpg
    IMGP0392.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone used the H&G Drip Clean or GH Florakleen? It is supposed to prevent nutrient lockout as well as keep drippers from caking up.

In the past whenever I had a Mg deficiency I just added epsom salts and everything was better, but as I read more about coco and adding cal mag it seems maybe to be more of a lockout problem than a deficiency?

Yes Drip Clean is very good stuff. Used it when I was running aeroflo systems and it really helped keep the spray lines clear. Very strong, only need a little.

M

ME TED

Yep, I've been using silica for a few years now, and it does work quite well as a PH+. I figure, if I'm going to have to add something to bring the PH up, might as well be something that will help the plant. I've noticed thicker and more sturdier stems on plants with silica vs. plants without, resulting in the plant being able to hold larger buds. It all works out in the end. :dance013:

Silica also helps protect plants from powdery mildew, which apparently is a nasty problem in Colorado.

starter09

Hi y'all. A lurker here, just getting ready to start my first personal MMJ grow (very small - 2 plants in a rubbermaid setup, soil and scrog with CFLs, just trying to learn). I love all the growing info here, and this thread is a great help for taking info from others and adapting it to Co grows - e.g, I was really worrying about humidity requirements.

I'm eager, and concerned, about the Feb event at Quixote's. Eager to get to meet some other folks in the scene here, concerned about safety - there's a lot of droogs running near that area (I lived there for three years, frequently go down to catch some tunes) for whom this sort of event would be a huge draw, lots of stoned folks with money and pot, easy pickin's.

Just my paranoia showing thru? Or my PTSD surfacing again? Anyone else concerned?:comfort:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts