What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I keep an eye on it. Just have to remember to post. lol

How far up you fish?

It's been a long time, but anywhere along hwy 50 from the Parkdale bridge at the upstream end of the Royal Gorge up to Salida, then from Buena Vista up along hwy 24 to the confluence with Lake Creek were favorite places long ago.

Haven't been there in a very long time.

Jhhnn

Veteran
No link. Rich neighbors went to council and swept this through. I'm becoming infamous for abiding by state laws that cities apparently hate. Btw I have a really great salary paying job to afford my lifestyle. I expect elected officials to respect the majority vote of constituents that respectively placed them into office. With a decision by council like this. Every one of the Golden councilman should step down for dereliction of their duties! Once in office they protect nothing except private agenda and personal egos.

I've lived in Denver proper since 1972 where the politics aren't nearly as right wing. It wasn't always that way in Jeffco, either, but Reagan era rhetoric turned 'em stupid & they can't let go of it. That's the same for some of the other 'burbs, as well. They have illusions to protect.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've lived in Denver proper since 1972 where the politics aren't nearly as right wing. It wasn't always that way in Jeffco, either, but Reagan era rhetoric turned 'em stupid & they can't let go of it. That's the same for some of the other 'burbs, as well. They have illusions to protect.

Yeah, I worked in county municipality back in the mid-70's...Jeffco county- had conservative roots then, before Regan.

So be it....those counties/cities being MJ proactive....it's tax $$ for their programs. You just need to have good parameters, a plan. Golden isn't as squeaky "clean" as they think they are....COORS has a death grip on it.

Seeing the Repubs vying for up coming gubernatorial ticket....kinda scary out there!! Things could change (and not in a good way) if 'Looper is out. Just my nickel observation investigating their conservative platforms.

rob feature

Can't find much on that story- got a link?

What did you expect, anyway? Golden is damned near a company town for Coors...

Golden City Council votes to ban marijuana sales

GOLDEN — The City Council voted Thursday night to prohibit sales of recreational marijuana and medical marijuana in Golden.

The council unanimously passed three ordinances after hearing nearly 35 public comments, most of them pleading for the prohibition of recreational marijuana in the city.

"Our brand is a healthy community," Mayor Marjorie Sloan said. "We want to protect our image and our community."

One of the few dissenting comments came from Shawn Steigner, who served on the city's marijuana task force that researched the issue for a report in April.
"Civil discourse is how we operate, and I was certainly representative of this during the meetings," Steigner said. "There was a bit of predetermined railroading during these meetings."

Steigner presented the council with a five-page report signed by three other members of the 10-member task force.

Three members of the task force — Sloan, Pamela Gould and Laura Weinberg — hinted at possible future adjustments in Golden's ban as the issue evolves in the state and nation.

"We in Golden are of a size and of a character that we shouldn't be of a leading edge on the changes," Weinberg said. "I think for now this is the right decision."

For now, with the passage of Ordinance 1977, recreational marijuana shops and all related businesses are prohibited within city limits. The ban includes testing facilities, for which council had previously considered making an exception.

Council also tightened up regulations on medical marijuana businesses, barring them from within 1,000 feet of any school — from preschool through college or university — and requiring them to be in a manufacturing zone.

Under a third ordinance passed Thursday night, cultivation of marijuana, legal under state law, is limited to residential dwellings. It is not allowed outdoors and must not be detectable by smell or because of undue vehicular or foot traffic outside of the residence.

Yes, protect the healthy image of a beer town because most who drink Coors & all their brands are also health nuts, right? And you can smell the Coors plant from miles away if the wind is blowing in your direction - smells like a dog food factory. If the wind isn't blowing, it just lingers around the joint & you marinade in it. Yummie!

The arguments are weak at best. GCB is well under 1000 feet from Mines as are many of Golden's bars & that's no problem. As pot has consistently demonstrated for centuries that it's less harmful than alcohol, Golden still clings to the past. But whatever. I puffed a little in Golden yesterday & will probably do it again today. And today I'll do so in honor of Golden's city council :bandit:

As exhibit A, I noticed a couple days ago that the goal posts at Mines' football field lines up with the big Coors logo.

mines-coors.jpg

I figured it was an accident, but if you stand in that spot & turn around it lines up perfectly with the big M on Lookout. Coors pwns Golden. Pot is competition. The math is easy.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Heh. Colorado Repubs are snakebit as the gubernatorial level.

Hickenlooper or... some Looney Tune.

It's the same for the Senate race. The media plays it up, but Gardner has every chance of a snowball in Hell of beating Udall.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
It's been a long time, but anywhere along hwy 50 from the Parkdale bridge at the upstream end of the Royal Gorge up to Salida, then from Buena Vista up along hwy 24 to the confluence with Lake Creek were favorite places long ago.

Haven't been there in a very long time.

Looks like it may be just starting to clear (Ark),,,, if we don't get a bunch more rain. Chalk Creek is not as 'milky' as it was either. So the lower 'canyon' runs may be better soon.

I'd say in another week it'll be coming around nicely.

http://www.arkanglers.com/fishing-conditions/upper-basin

According to this report, I'd say Hayden Meadows is semi fishable now. Although I have not wet a line yet.....Haven't even bought my license this year either.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing the river stay at holy shit levels for the sake of rafting for a little longer.

Sorry fishermen!

:comfort:

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Golden City Council votes to ban marijuana sales

GOLDEN — The City Council voted Thursday night to prohibit sales of recreational marijuana and medical marijuana in Golden.

The council unanimously passed three ordinances after hearing nearly 35 public comments, most of them pleading for the prohibition of recreational marijuana in the city.

"Our brand is a healthy community," Mayor Marjorie Sloan said. "We want to protect our image and our community."

One of the few dissenting comments came from Shawn Steigner, who served on the city's marijuana task force that researched the issue for a report in April.
"Civil discourse is how we operate, and I was certainly representative of this during the meetings," Steigner said. "There was a bit of predetermined railroading during these meetings."

Steigner presented the council with a five-page report signed by three other members of the 10-member task force.

Three members of the task force — Sloan, Pamela Gould and Laura Weinberg — hinted at possible future adjustments in Golden's ban as the issue evolves in the state and nation.

"We in Golden are of a size and of a character that we shouldn't be of a leading edge on the changes," Weinberg said. "I think for now this is the right decision."

For now, with the passage of Ordinance 1977, recreational marijuana shops and all related businesses are prohibited within city limits. The ban includes testing facilities, for which council had previously considered making an exception.

Council also tightened up regulations on medical marijuana businesses, barring them from within 1,000 feet of any school — from preschool through college or university — and requiring them to be in a manufacturing zone.

Under a third ordinance passed Thursday night, cultivation of marijuana, legal under state law, is limited to residential dwellings. It is not allowed outdoors and must not be detectable by smell or because of undue vehicular or foot traffic outside of the residence.

Yes, protect the healthy image of a beer town because most who drink Coors & all their brands are also health nuts, right? And you can smell the Coors plant from miles away if the wind is blowing in your direction - smells like a dog food factory. If the wind isn't blowing, it just lingers around the joint & you marinade in it. Yummie!

The arguments are weak at best. GCB is well under 1000 feet from Mines as are many of Golden's bars & that's no problem. As pot has consistently demonstrated for centuries that it's less harmful than alcohol, Golden still clings to the past. But whatever. I puffed a little in Golden yesterday & will probably do it again today. And today I'll do so in honor of Golden's city council :bandit:

As exhibit A, I noticed a couple days ago that the goal posts at Mines' football field lines up with the big Coors logo.

View Image

I figured it was an accident, but if you stand in that spot & turn around it lines up perfectly with the big M on Lookout. Coors pwns Golden. Pot is competition. The math is easy.

Hmmm. I don't see anything in there about the home grow restrictions to 12 plants and 120sqft?

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hmmm. I don't see anything in there about the home grow restrictions to 12 plants and 120sqft?

Or about hash production either.

I did see that article & was hoping for something more in depth.

I think part of what's happening is that more conservative communities have gone into Denial about legalization. They never wanted it, and they'll try to keep it as far away as they can, pretend it's not there. They're afraid of what's happening because they were well indoctrinated their whole lives to see the marijuana boogeyman.

So far, the boogeyman has been a no-show & that's not going to change. They're still holding their breath waiting for him, but they won't hold it forever.

Legalization is changing everything because prohibitionists can't exploit the fear of the unknown & the boogeyman they portray as living there. Instead of that, we're putting together the facts, all of them- good, bad & indifferent. Prohibition elsewhere in this country can't stand for long against that, nor can silly local restrictions, either.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
It's too bad Golden is doing this, however when did laws ever stop humans from growing pot illegally?

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Someone should petition or some shit to extend the odor ordinance to include both commercial and home alcohol brewing....

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
I don't see this holding too much ground. Kind of violates some state law or at the very least stretches them....

Jhhnn

Veteran
I don't see this holding too much ground. Kind of violates some state law or at the very least stretches them....

You may well be right, but people like MrGoodBudz lack the resources to fight it in court.

At the least, his efforts should have been grandfathered into the ordnance. The Metro Area is dotted with properties where keeping livestock has been grandfathered, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.