What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

Well after going to the HTCC, and being told by my 2 friends who live in denver about the laws that have driven them out of business as grower, ill stick to my original complaint about legalizing marijuana being a negative for most except the rich... good luck colorado.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
... except that now that cannabis has been "legalized" there are NO small possession charges that were disproportionately given to lower income people......

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Well after going to the HTCC, and being told by my 2 friends who live in denver about the laws that have driven them out of business as grower, ill stick to my original complaint about legalizing marijuana being a negative for most except the rich... good luck colorado.
Please elaborate.

I'm liking the 'legality', since now I can grow my own. I have trouble understanding how they were in business, and got driven out by this?

I don't mean to be negative about your comment.... just don't understand.

Needing enlightenment here. I'm in Colorado too.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
poor people (especially minorities) were more targeted and convicted for simple possession charges...
now everyone can carry one oz without risk of prosecution or criminal charges.
viola - good for the poor peeps also.

I really do dislike the argument against a64 that its "only for the rich" tell that to all the people who are poor and don't have to fear criminal charges for the small quantities of herb they possess/use.

not trying to start shit either, just pointing out the social ramifications of a64 are HUGE and to minimize them by stating that a64 only benefited the rich is..... short-sighted.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran

I'd tend to think that if yer friends have been "pushed out of business" this incredibly fast, they likely already had problems.... Good luck in Babylon...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
poor people (especially minorities) were more targeted and convicted for simple possession charges...

I really do dislike the argument against a64 that its "only for the rich" tell that to all the people who are poor and don't have to fear criminal charges for the small quantities of herb they possess/use.

not trying to start shit either, just pointing out the social ramifications of a64 are HUGE and to minimize them by stating that a64 only benefited the rich is..... short-sighted.

Personally, I can't imagine how 64 would have much effect on the 'rich', at all. Although anyone wanting to stay legal, definitely benefitted.

For a bunch of us, it allowed us to enjoy cannabis again. Either by growing your own or buying a bit legally. I was having trouble understanding the price of 'medical' herb, having (in a previous life), purchased it for $15-$25, by the ounce. My income hadn't increased that exponentially, even though I was still working then.

Now that I'm retired, and NOT rich, it was still a tough go to participate at the $3k and up pricing. Finding that I could grow my own at the old rates ($10-$15) an ounce (indoor)...... Potential growers need not apply however, if they feel they need to make as much as minimum wage for their time. :laughing:

That is the 'fly in the ointment'..... can't legally sell it, and can't grow in numbers large enough to make a living at it (understatement)....

For those who were already growing illegally (and trying to make a living at it), I'm not sure how much the picture has changed. They are still operating outside the legal constraints for growing and selling, I'd suppose.

To be fair, I suppose the price dropping substantially, does take away the allure of, 'get rich quick'. Or am I missing the boat by not buying on the black market, instead of growing my own?

What is the pricing on the street, by the pound or kilo? If it's cheap enough I might need some, next year. :tiphat:

Jbomber79

Veteran
Seafour has a good point... frankly the only problem I have is that it goes way to fast and then I'm left scrappin through the hash bucket... lol I don't have try and push shit, the request are coming before the product is ready...and everyone hear knows I SUCK at growing so that tells you something.

Jhhnn

Veteran

QFT!

For every black market grower "forced out", the number of other people who stand to benefit is enormous. It's better than the other way of being "forced out", being locked up with criminals of non-peaceful persuasions, halfway houses and their extreme bullshit, then followed up with years of parole & random drug tests.

It doesn't take much to grow one's own at low cost, particularly autoflowers. For people who don't use a lot, a 250w HID in the corner of a room can provide ongoing harvests. Provide 4 hrs of dark when you're normally asleep, and it's all good. Or just leave the light on with some strains- don't even need a timer.

The personal growing provisions of A64 make it real & keep it honest in ways that nothing else can.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I tried that before asking here
not finding the info I am looking for
THC %
Flowering times

next door neighbor gave me a clone he bought for $25 at a shop
he also gave me a Dog Kush, that I found info on
was hoping someone here has experience growing either strain

https://budgenius.com/search.html?cmd=search&query=Sublime+OG

Sublime OG