What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Now if we can just get everyone to follow suite, we can maybe resume the conversation of, where to go on vacations.

I find I don't currently have a long list of places I 'need' to go see.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Lacewings are a bit large to effectively combat broadmites, same with ladybugs.

Triple dosage refined neem spraying has them effectively combated for me.

I find that a single predator is never enough.... multiple predator specie including various generalist predators...

Only larvae of lacewing eat the broad mites... but in studies... the Amblyseius swirskii mites were starved for one day and a single Amblyseius swirskii mite was placed in various population densities of infested broad mite leaves.... A single Amblyseius swirskii mite will eat between 18 and 30 broad mites per day.... depending on lab conditions.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
SO, check this out:
Icmag dispensary guide... we can writeup reviews of colorado shops on icmag....
im a fan of this new (to me) feature.

check out the colorado section:

https://www.icmag.com/viewcategory.php?moduleid=51
Thanks Avi... missed that addition myself as well. :)

Just wrote up a review for High Country Healing 2 in Alma... eviscerating them in print feels good after all this time. It's one thing to pump out crap and not know it... it's another to pump out crap when people are letting you know it's crap for years. (I'm not the only one) lol

Keep it Clean! :D

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks Avi... missed that addition myself as well. :)

Just wrote up a review for High Country Healing 2 in Alma... eviscerating them in print feels good after all this time. It's one thing to pump out crap and not know it... it's another to pump out crap when people are letting you know it's crap for years. (I'm not the only one) lol

Is it the same weed that is at High Country Healing? I know that the same guys owns both (at least he used to 2 years ago).

JohnnyATL

Veteran
went to HCH in silverton, it was a nice experience shop and employee wise, but got damn that was some expensive herb. 65 an eighth for some bubba kush that was leafy and dry as shit. It was poppin off though, alot of tourists

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Is it the same weed that is at High Country Healing? I know that the same guys owns both (at least he used to 2 years ago).
Don't know, but Mark January still owns the place.

I had a running conversation with them about quality for nearly a year. About two years ago I quit bugging them. Basically they told me that if I didn't like what they were selling, to go somewhere else.

These are the same folks that get their bud tested, put it in a jar wet and then (a month later) tell you you're crazy that you smell/taste mold as their lab reports came back negative.
:laughing:

Yeah... plenty of non-medical (crappy weed states) out of staters dropping by. A lot less when the lines in Denver started to abate.

Ttystikk

Bad dispensaries will eventually have to improve or get driven out of business- which is why we need to stand on our representatives' asses to make it EASIER to open dispensaries and rec shops, not harder. We do not need to protect the scam artists and the lazy by raising barriers to entry artificially.

darkvade420

Bad dispensaries will eventually have to improve or get driven out of business- which is why we need to stand on our representatives' asses to make it EASIER to open dispensaries and rec shops, not harder. We do not need to protect the scam artists and the lazy by raising barriers to entry artificially.

ye that would be cool ..all though the new school smokers ares used to smokeing what they think is top notch dank ,they dont see the problem.they are smoking the same ditch weed we did back in the day but its being grown hydroponicly defintley not worth 120 a 1/4 to me.if you have 15 jars of weed and you can't seem to smell anything fruity in them its not the real thing.a bunch of fools selling fools nugs

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Don't know, but Mark January still owns the place.

I had a running conversation with them about quality for nearly a year. About two years ago I quit bugging them. Basically they told me that if I didn't like what they were selling, to go somewhere else.

These are the same folks that get their bud tested, put it in a jar wet and then (a month later) tell you you're crazy that you smell/taste mold as their lab reports came back negative.
:laughing:

Yeah... plenty of non-medical (crappy weed states) out of staters dropping by. A lot less when the lines in Denver started to abate.

Their number of strains has taken a hit since I had a medical card two years ago but it is still decent. The quality is still mostly there too. They're definitely not hurting for business either at 19 bucks a gram recreational. When I was just there everybody waiting was nice but there was definitely an obnoxious gaper there. That's to be expected in Summit County though. If you have a local ID you get a 15% discount. It isn't the best bud that has ever graced the face of the planet but the best in Summit County that I have seen. The people working there know their stuff and have always been helpful. I've never seen moldy bud there either. HCH in Silverthorne definitely isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

I didn't mind paying 43 or so bucks for an eighth medical in a nice glass jar but you won't see me there all the time for 65 recreational in a plastic prescription bottle. I rarely buy anyways, preferring to grow my own.

Here is some Grape Ape on the left and Zeta Sage on the right that I just picked up from HCH last weekend. Admittedly, the Grape Ape is seeded. With demand comes a slip in quality. I just feel like I have to stick up for these guys.

picture.php

Ttystikk

You know, the perspective from behind the dispensary counter us underrepresented here, and deserves to be heard out.

If you could chop two weeks early and sell it all for top prices anyway, why not? The out of staters won't care- or complain, and they'll keep filling lines for as long as it's illegal everywhere else.

It's not like the regulatory/financial/rental markets are exactly making life easy for them, either!

Grow your own. Then at least you know who to chew out when the quality sucks.

R

recent guest

Unfortunately, the 45% of 'No' voters on Amendment 64 didn't evacuate the state, and some of them still occupy positions of power. There are people who fervently oppose legal marijuana and actually believe that it is a harmful dangerous substance, so if they can't get 64 repealed, the next best thing is to keep prices artificially high, supply and quality artificially low, and generally gum up the process of getting it in any way they can. Those are the people whose asses needed to be stood upon.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
But that 45% is gettin watered further down by the incoming flood of people moving here for just this reason...

So a toast that we may live to fight another day....

2014_02_18_2_5995c7c5b2ec76fbdb1e.jpg

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Their number of strains has taken a hit since I had a medical card two years ago but it is still decent. The quality is still mostly there too.
You need to smoke some 'decent' bud for a while and then try their stuff again. lol

Plenty of folks around here that believe their stuff is 'ok.' Till they try something decent, that is. ;)

p.s. Case in point... Tossed a Denver/Mountains born and raised native a couple nugs of harlequin. "Wow, that smells really good!" "That doesn't even smell like weed!" Considering what I've run into locally, it's really not surprising to hear that. *sigh* Times will change though! Woot!

S

SooperSmurph

The point of limiting the market is to keep Philip Morris out, not to keep mediocre places in business, more than one bad place has failed, more than one good place too, this business can be as harsh as any other.

Jhhnn

Veteran
The point of limiting the market is to keep Philip Morris out, not to keep mediocre places in business, more than one bad place has failed, more than one good place too, this business can be as harsh as any other.

I recall an interview where Obama said much the same about keeping the big guys out. The whole state by state effort helps with that, too. I suspect it'll be a long time before Colorado weed will be sold in Washington or vice-versa.

OTOH, the high fees & etc keep the little guys out, too. It takes some more than modest capital to go into the retail MJ business. That's by design, I think. It's easier to regulate a few dozen large growers than many more small growers, and they may have less of a tendency to divert product to more lucrative markets.

I don't expect the price of retail to hold once big growers, particularly greenhouse growers begin putting out product. Lower overhead & economies of scale should be very large factors. They'll take the long view, sell for less to capture market share.

Or not. It may be priced at whatever the market will bear, like I-Phones. It'll be interesting, and I think it'll evolve rather quickly, too.

S

SooperSmurph

Lots of small growers, that's the California scene, and since they're constantly hassled by law enforcement, I think we made the right choice in heavier regulation despite the harm done to the localized market, it technically doesn't exist on a legal level anymore, giving the small growers a new role, "moonshiners", less attention for them, more people smoking their Cannabis, this is the way of regulated commodities, history channel, where are you?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know, the perspective from behind the dispensary counter us underrepresented here, and deserves to be heard out.

If you could chop two weeks early and sell it all for top prices anyway, why not? The out of staters won't care- or complain, and they'll keep filling lines for as long as it's illegal everywhere else.

It's not like the regulatory/financial/rental markets are exactly making life easy for them, either!

Grow your own. Then at least you know who to chew out when the quality sucks.

Exactly, Ttystikk- GYO....best out there and beats quality hands down from dispensaries.....no lines, no tourists!!

Status
Not open for further replies.