What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I use Coco with Micro and Bloom. I use battery acid as my ph down. That's it.

I used to run a version of the Moonshine Mix, and made teas, and did the whole organic thing. It is fine for smaller operations, but becomes a real PITA for larger grows/multiple grows.

It also costs 2-3 times as much to feed, maybe more.

I also do not use Cal Mag in my Coco. I also run a 8 site Water Farm with Micro and Bloom.

Casey Jones
picture.php

G

guest123

I have some medicine right now, some hydro from the last harvest and some fresh organic soil that just got jarred up about three days ago. Same pheno. We'll have to do some blind taste tests after the soil batch cures a bit....

Juice_Box

yo bobby stainless, were you perhaps under another handle in the moonshine mix thread If so Im pretty sure it was your pics that inspired me to do that last run.

Im also onto the coco with head's formula. works fantastic

are your nugs noticeably denser when grown in coco vs soil/hydro?

fireman22

I have some medicine right now, some hydro from the last harvest and some fresh organic soil that just got jarred up about three days ago. Same pheno. We'll have to do some blind taste tests after the soil batch cures a bit....

yeah do a smoke test

MrDank

Veteran
Cal Mag is absolutely necessary if you are using RO water

If using tap water, it is not necessary

I use tap water, and it has a ppm of 110. Adding 5ml of calmag to that raises it to nearly 400ppm, which is WAY too much micronutrients

MrDank

Veteran

I use tap water, and it has a ppm of 110. Adding 5ml of calmag to that raises it to nearly 400ppm, which is WAY too much micronutrients

actually let me rephrase that. Most organic nutrients don't have enough Calcium, mag, iron, etc. And if you are using RO water, your plants will certainly show deficiencies due to lack of micronutrients. Using tap water helps eliminate a micronutrient suppliment

Balazar

Balazar - very clean setup.
how big is your space total?
im guessing the flower room lights are on the same schedule since you dont have a divider?

My flower area is about 240 square feet. I have 2 separate RDWC systems in there so I can stagger the harvests with the same light schedule. I also have a small area of that room for soil plants in flower. (just one 1k). My veg is about 160 square feet. 10 patients is more than enough for a space this size. You could squeeze by with 6 or 8.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran

Hey man, I am using Soul Synthetics with RO water and I have been adding 2.5 ml/g cal-mag as well. But the NPKCaMg on the label for the Grow shows 3.0-1.25-1.25-2-1 and Bloom is 1.5-4.5-3-1-.75 Do you think I should keep using the cal-mag or is my base nute providing enough? Thank you for helping.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
also, i thought i would throw this in here:
http://www.fullspectrumlaboratories.com/
it s place in denver that will test your finished product and let you know what thc, cbd, cbn content, they will also tell you if there is any fungus/mold on the plant.
in the times of every dispensary buying any product, from pretty much anyone, the days of quality control are long gone. hopefully this sort of testing will be the norm soon.
it is alittle pricey at $120 per sample, but with the margins in this business, that seems like a small price to pay to prove good product.

im not representing this company, nor have a tried it. just trying to spread information :)

These guys came by delta 9 yesterday and offered to do 3 free sample testings. Really cool guy, I'm interested to see how this all works.... I'll keep you up dated in 3-5 days and let you know how it goes.

funk

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran

I have been blessed with good tap as well. I should have mentioned that.

yo bobby stainless, were you perhaps under another handle in the moonshine mix thread If so Im pretty sure it was your pics that inspired me to do that last run.
My last handle was CTSV.

Organic is fine, if you like to do a LOT of work. I have better results using the Head formula, and giving it a good 2-3 week flush. :deadxmas:
actually let me rephrase that. Most organic nutrients don't have enough Calcium, mag, iron, etc. And if you are using RO water, your plants will certainly show deficiencies due to lack of micronutrients. Using tap water helps eliminate a micronutrient suppliment

I have been told, that the chlorine in tap water can kill off some of the "microherd" or something to that effect.

Balazar

If your doing hydro RO is the beez kneez. I use House & Garden nutes and they are made for RO. All of the extra "supplements" are included in the two part formula. I use cal-mag for my soil plants though.

rooted

bobby tap does have chlorine and chloramine; however, i doubt the concentration is high enough to effect myco/bac additives, or naturally occuring beneficials in soil. just an observation i've made over the years, and compared with a friend who grows in ocean forest.

if you're mixing a large res, might as well let it sit for a day first so the chlorine/chloramine can evaporate, better safe than sorry

are you using h3ad in soil?

orpanic

"Recently, water systems have started treating tap water with chloramine instead of chlorine. Chloramine is a combination of chlorine and ammonia. It's much more stable than chlorine. It won't dissipate from the water as easily, and it isn't as likely to combine with other chemicals. But, chloramine isn't as good at killing off the microorganisms in the water as chlorine, so higher levels of chloramine are often used. Typically, water treatment plants use about 1 ppm of chloramine."
"Chloramine can be removed from tap water by treatment with superchlorination (10 ppm or more of free chlorine, such as from a dose of sodium hypochlorite bleach or pool sanitizer) while maintaining a pH of about 7 (such as from a dose of hydrochloric acid). Hypochlorous acid from the free chlorine strips the ammonia from the chloramine, and the ammonia outgasses from the surface of the bulk water. This process takes about 24 hours for normal tap water concentrations of a few ppm of chloramine. Residual free chlorine can then be removed by exposure to bright sunlight for about 4 hours."

Balazar

You can use water a filter system that gets rid of the chloramine and chlorine without using RO. Just get yourself a 4 stage water filter system with 5 micron sediment filter > 1 micron sediment filter > chlorine filter > chloramine filter. BAM! No more letting it sit in a rubbermaid brute trashcan overnight. ebay is good for cheap RO systems. www.bulkreefsupply.com has everything you need to build a system. You could just get a few kits at home depot and pick the filters you want and throw it together in an afternoon. A kit you buy online will be much cheaper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts