What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceofspades

Built a hoop house over my girls a week or so ago, got one chiesel that isn't covered, but she can come down anyday now. The girls in the hoop house will be good for another week or so CROSS FINGERS!

Ace

S

SooperSmurph

Just took over another space, already set up and ready to run, all I have to do is insert labor and genetics, 5 1000w lamps of flower space, 1600w of veg, space comes with a work vehicle and a 47" TV, it's good to have one's skills in demand.

Gonna start a diary for the space on Wed when I take the first round of cuttings for the EZ, gonna go very clean and organic so I can pull some serious headstash from this small side project. Current Strains: McFly, Blue Dream, Golden Goat, Death Star, GDP, and Sage Zeta. Looking to add Purple Romulan and Sour Diesel to that list, then we'll see what performs the nicest in the space and cut things back to 3-4 consistent strains with only occasional singles.

Royal Gold Tupur, House & Garden nutes, home blended organic three part pest control which consists of organic neem, organic pyrethrins, and cocowet. Haven't used the House & Garden nutes before but the outgoing grower swears by them, anyone got any experience with these and want to share lil foibles?

Filter on the water is a basic charcoal, not a full RO, but the tds meter says we're where we should be, and it fills the barrel at 8.0ph so the water in this area is probably pretty nice to begin with.

tell everyone you know and tell them to do the same !!!

http://www.regulatemarijuana.org/

picture.php

S

SooperSmurph

I'm just so torn on this...

Legalization will undoubtedly bring down the feds on our heads the way that they came down on the Wild West of Cali.

I have never seen a law enforcement officer sworn to an individual state who has had the courage to refuse cooperation with a federal law enforcement agency.

I could almost hope it gets voted down... Our medical program is one of the most well managed in the country despite its shortcomings, and I think that model has more potential to create long-term legal progress than this ballot measure.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I think that's a possibility, but it'll more likely initiate the push towards ending prohibition of a F'n plant.

Just the industrial hemp would be a major boon to the economy!

Biggest drawback would be the fact that full legalization would basically eliminate any kind of profit from growing anything but the highest quality herb.

B

BigTex

Pass or fail don't be surprised to see some federal interaction in Colorado after the first of the year. Although I agree a pass would bring the heat down much more swiftly.

If it does pass profits will be booming on herb in Colorado. Here is why...and I think hardly anyone has considered this, or just isn't talking about it....if you read the amendment in it's entirety nowhere does it mention residency restrictions. Colorado will be the new Amsterdam!!! No other state (to my knowledge) allows nonresidents to purchase/consume MJ. Colorado will be the only one.

Back to the profit thing tho...If it passes demand will sky rocket, as a result supply will increase, but there will always be a gap between supply and demand once the feeding frezy begins. I think tourism dollars brought to Colorado would double or more as a result of this amendment passing as well.

And yes demand will always command the best bud, but even the shwag growers will still be able to sell dime bags at the airports :D

B

BigTex

I hope it passes, but we'll see. Yea the no residency restriction is a BIG DEAL! All the small local municipalities will either be for or against, and many will have local bans, but the towns that don't especially the tourist stops will profit big time.

Also the amendment will allow "retail shops". Unless local laws are passed prohibiting consumption at retail facilities the door will be open to Amsterdam style coffee shops and pot bars. Much in the same way you can go to a bar and buy a drink today. Amsterdam shuts down and colorado opens up...talk about perfect timing (fingers crossed :D )!.

Ya well even if it does pass for all that tourism, if they want to change the DUI laws to apply to herb.... idk, would make me think twice about driving out to the best cafe in town etc etc..

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Like they're not already doing that?

By my understanding it's actually EASIER to get a DUI under the current laws regarding MMJ than it is Alcohol!

I'll admit, I'm lazy,... .08% BAC is a DUI,... what's the amount for THC?

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran

By my understanding it's actually EASIER to get a DUI under the current laws regarding MMJ than it is Alcohol!

(insert any number here) nano grams per ml.. well I think it's 5 nano's per ml but, a nano is 1 billionth of a gram ( if I'm not mistaken). just no real way to do roadsides at this point.. that is unless you get caught in the act, or just are stupid and fess up..

B

BigTex

Colorado voted on a bill earlier this year for MJ DUI, but it did not pass. However you could still get a DUI if you can't pass a field sobriety test, I think, at least I know it's that way in Texas. If 64 passes they will no doubt reintroduce that MJDUI bill, which would have a better chance of passing.

I think I read about the MJDUI bill on the norml website, but I can't remember for sure...anyway I wanna say they were gonna set the cutoff at something like, and don't quote me on this, 20 nanos per ml?. Studys were performed (not sure by who) and long story short some people were still over the cutoff limit as much as 16-24 hours later. The article speculated but did not say for certain that this study possibly influenced the vote, but the article was biased so who knows.

If that were to come to pass we (smokers) would all be set up for DUI anytime we drove.

Also anytime there was a fatal auto accident and one car had pot in it the news headlines would read, "Fatal crash was the result marajuana intoxication."

Everything has it's ups and downs and this will be no different but I'll still be taking all the ups I can get. :D

It may be what they do, but it isn't in practice yet unless you're a jerk and they are hurting to give you some sort of sobriety test since 5 nano's can be in your system for days even without using MMJ.

Every time I've seen a sobriety test specifically for weed they officers make you stick out your tongue for green matter, as if it were a test of intelligence to see if you were rolling papers on your drive.

I'm way more hesitant to drink and drive, specially living in the mountains with a 40+min drive from Boulder or Denver. Easy to get caught for a few drinks all for nothing .When you have a car full of people with red cards and a semi-reasonable excuse for the odor in your vehicle...... Thus why I feel like they would enforce MMJ DUI's way more if 64 were to pass. They have a legitimate concern then IMO and your excuses dwindle. Who wants to read about the first smoking and driving accident from the 18 year tourist on vacation etc.

B

BigTex

On 60 Minutes toight...here comes the backlash!!

On 60 Minutes toight...here comes the backlash!!

A top Justice Department official has said in a television interview that the federal government is ready to combat any "dangers" of state-sanctioned recreational pot, amid criticism of the Obama administration for its relative silence on legalization drives in three states.

Voters in Colorado, Washington state and Oregon are set to vote Nov. 6 on whether to legalize and tax marijuana sales, raising the possibility of a showdown with the federal government, which views pot as an illegal narcotic.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole, in comments to "60 Minutes" said his office's stance on pot would be "the same as it's always been" if voters approved legalization.

I say everybody that lives in America, votes, and smokes it is your public duty to personally let this man and his office know how you feel about this issue. I think we should flood his office with letters this week. Let him know he is fighting a losing battle and remind him that he is out manned and out financed. I am certainly doing my part. Let's take the fight to him instead of him bringing it to us!

Office of Deputy Attorney General James Cole
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Fight for your rights!

-BigTex

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
A top Justice Department official has said in a television interview that the federal government is ready to combat any "dangers" of state-sanctioned recreational pot, amid criticism of the Obama administration for its relative silence on legalization drives in three states.

Voters in Colorado, Washington state and Oregon are set to vote Nov. 6 on whether to legalize and tax marijuana sales, raising the possibility of a showdown with the federal government, which views pot as an illegal narcotic.

I guess they are just assuming Cali will be/is already legal? The man will fly over and grab anyone who get's too big, but 90% of the manpower will be in California, as their law will prohibit/restrict local law from working with the Feds.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Question?
So Cali doesn't have any measures that qualified? That sucks for them, they had some good ones, and Prop 19 got 46%. Guess they are going to have to wait another 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts