What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Anybody here have an opinion on why prices dropped so fast here compared to California?
Because well funded ppl moved in and set up shop quick.
Because our State Gov endorsed For-Profit instead of Non-Profit models.
Because lots of people were already here.
Because Coloradans smoke a lot of pot.
Because many Coloradans (proportionally) supported a legal framework.
Because our Gov was more than happy to facilitate the 'carving up' of the State and Metros with Zoning Regs.
I could go on.
:blowbubbles:

Everything is more expensive in Cali!

well not everything.......

picture.php

have you tried Alpenglow on College Ave? Their soil & nute prices are great - not so awesome for gear - but they're SUPER helpful and friendly, which is a nice change of pace for a grow store :)

We went there this morning for soil and nutes
Nice enough and helpful staff
prices were good

if any of you are driving around the Fort today
stick to the speed limit, they are out and pulling folks over like crazy
saw 10 different cops when we were out (under a hour)

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Might wanna try that big dirty Hydro store.
WTG.
They repair.
Shit they even have a workroom and tools.

I live far away from them now, so I don't make it there often, I use the local guys.
But I doubt any of them could repair my ballasts.
Place is just retail space and a bathroom.
But they are friendly, and remember me.

Might wanna try that big dirty Hydro store.
WTG.
They repair.
Shit they even have a workroom and tools.

that's where I ended up going
they are only going to charge me for parts

They even offered me a loaner (that I didn't need)
Told me it will be ready in a week

I asked about repair this morning when I was at Alpenglow
and they really couldn't tell me if they did it or what it would cost

Snoopster

Veteran
All this Fort Collins talk...
I lived there from '87 to '94.

I haven't been to the Mish in years. I knew the owner back then.

I'm in Littleton now, haven't set foot in a dispensary in months.
Speaking of, anyone now where I can get nice oil in the Denver Metro area?
My guy switched to ear wax and it isn't working out for me.

Ft Collins CG

Im from the fort and the good stuff never makes it to any of the dispensaries around here anyway.

Nice pics in this thread so far, finally had to register because a lot of them you cant see unless you are logged in i guess.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Martinez said whatever medical benefits come from marijuana can be obtained through legally available pharmaceuticals, such as Miranol.

If marijuana is a medicine, it should be federally regulated and prescribed like other medications, he said.

Marijuana’s primary use is for getting “high,” he said. Having medical marijuana readily available in Fort Collins when it is banned elsewhere is not good for the city’s image.

Martinez said he expects the petition drive will be successful and voters will support the proposal.

“My gut feeling is that many people are concerned about this and are really disappointed our community has gone that direction,” he said.

Ackerman said marijuana is a legitimate alternative for patients who do not want to use pharmaceuticals to treat conditions such as chronic pain and the side effects of chemotherapy.

Patients have told him Miranol, which uses a synthetic version of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, is not effective, he said.

Marijuana business owners are prepared to fight the proposal, Ackerman said, but realize it could be a difficult battle.

Voters have approved bans of medical marijuana businesses in Loveland, Windsor and Grand Junction.

“We’re a different community than those communities — I think we’re more enlightened here,” he said. “I think people understand medical marijuana is something that is going to be around and they accept it.”

Wow, that Martinez guy is a DOUCHE! So much bullshit coming out of his piehole!! Someone needs to tap this guy on the shoulder and... nevermind. :)

Benuw

Colorado has literally exploded onto the mmj scene. Growth rates ridiculous. Our application process as owners-pretty ridiculous. Having said that I love my job and am ecstatic thy I get o do what I love for a job-all administrative duties aside that is

Benuw

I live in and love ft Collins but buy all of my equipment in Denver at Chlorophyll. Excellent prices and service. One of the writers for maimum yield is an owner and has a wealth of knowledge.

aceofspades

Maybe someone can help here; I have been brewing teas composed of guanos and earth worm castings for the past year and a half. I love my results. Can you tell me why I would continue to put the guano mixtures in a "bag" of sorts opposed to just dumping them in the bucket and letting them dissolve? The only thing I can think of is that it would clog the air stone? And no one has ever said how many times you can use the one tea bag. I am tired of getting panty hose or cheese clothe etc. to brew the teas.

On another note just started an experiment my tea vs. fox farm vs. cutting edge solutions (whole line). I will also mix in some kool bloom with the fox farm on a few plants. I love the taste smell and yield that I have been achieving but who knows maybe I can pull a few more ozs off a harvest with something else.

Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.