What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDank

Veteran
neds harvy house?? you gonna trust that place? i bet your clones came with a bit of love inside,,, PM...
the name swap came with an experiment..... wanted to see how things spread from a specific place.... it was a matter of a trust test... stollen would be a good word

I will be sure to pass her to any and every friend who asks for it to avoid any confusion :thank you:

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Really? where did you hear that?

Hightimes website. They have a FAQ section for the Denver Cup. I'll still be rooting for TR.

"
Do I get any cannabis as part of my ticket price?
Due to Colorado law we cannot give away cannabis, which is why we’ve kept the ticket price as low as possible while still putting on a world-class event.

What?! It’s the Medical Cannabis Cup and I don’t get any free cannabis?
Sorry, that’s a promise we just can’t make, but we do promise you an event celebrating the incredibly diverse and emerging medical marijuana movement, including a two-day cannabis and hemp expo that will feature cultivation seminars with HIGH TIMES editors Danny Danko and Nico Escondido, activism sessions with leaders of the medical marijuana movement and major cannabis celebrities, an all-star awards ceremony, and an unforgettable pot party with surprise musical guests.

Will I get to judge the strains, and vote for the HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup?
All ticket buyers will receive a list of Colorado dispensaries participating in the HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup. State sanctioned medical marijuana patients can visit those dispensaries on their own and sample each dispensary’s entered strain in the weeks leading up to the Cup.

The HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cups will be awarded by a panel of independent experts based on extensive sampling in a blind tasting. This expert panel will be at the expo on Sunday evening to announce their decisions and award the HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cups to Colorado’s top medical marijuana providers.
"
:jerkit:

homebrew420

The Harvey House or whatever is where I picked it up too. Smell is exactly the same as described, looks the same as posted too. An I too will had this bitch out willy nilly. I feel If I buy a cut it is fair game for me to with what I like. If I am gifted one with stipulations I will respect that others wishes. Spread that fire.

Peace

Head_Ease

whether you think this cut is bunk or fake means nothing. its the exact fire strain from yesteryear that i was looking for, from my buddy whos held it.

thats just my point,,, this cut was given with stipulations,, and see where it ended up... the harvy house,,, dont get me wrong.. the strain is epic...... but if you were a breeder that worked over 10 years with a specific strain, gave it to someone with the words, keep it to yourself... and it ends up at the local disp.... you tell me how you would feel....

MrDank

Veteran
thats just my point,,, this cut was given with stipulations,, and see where it ended up... the harvy house,,, dont get me wrong.. the strain is epic...... but if you were a breeder that worked over 10 years with a specific strain, gave it to someone with the words, keep it to yourself... and it ends up at the local disp.... you tell me how you would feel....

so are you the breeder of the Cherry-Lime? if so, can you clear up some questions

homebrew420

Head ease, it was flowering about 8 weeks. The problem is/was root aphids, these things seem to me to drag out the harvest dates and create loose flowers with a decreased amount of glands. Can't really tell ya. was luck I got anything from the XXX og. Problem is fixed now thank goodness. Will be giving another go here in a month or so. Too many flavors to try.

Peace

Head_Ease

Im at day 59 right now. Super fat colas that are starting to cluster all over the place. The tips are showing signs of those hazy slinder clusters. Has a real deep dark cherry smell with a splash of that sour limey zest.

Im going to take some @ 63, 67, and 70, and may keep one around just to see what she looks like @ 73

Hairs are about 30-40% colored in.

The scenic beauty is amazing. Coming back makes me realize this even more.

I find it a bit disturbing, that because a hypothetical "hippie rich kid" gets a house... That you discredit most of the state. There are rich people everywhere.

If I were ever to buy/build another house in CO, it would be in Carbondale or Basalt, simply because I don't have the millions of dollars a house in Snowmass commands.

I love this state. I want to move back. However, the grow laws suck, compared to where I live now.

I agree bobby. About Aspen, that is. It is never crowded, very pretty, and rewarding for foodies. I have some friends in Carbondale and I LOVE visiting. Lets say... its the Frisco to Breck

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Anyone have any special tricks for keeping plants watered out in these dry hills? I am used to growing in northern New England where water was no problem but light was hard to find.

I was thinking water xtals and black plastic (covered with rocks and litter so its buried and not visible) to keep moisture in the ground. I can get out to water every other week or so.

Anyone have any special tricks for keeping plants watered out in these dry hills? I am used to growing in northern New England where water was no problem but light was hard to find.

I was thinking water xtals and black plastic (covered with rocks and litter so its buried and not visible) to keep moisture in the ground. I can get out to water every other week or so.

Water???? Is that all you are worried about? What about hail, snow, frost, elk, deer, etc.......... Water will be the least of your worries, you can just get one of those firefighter pumps that you wear on your back, and fill it in the closest creek.... hail, well, that will kill your crop, in about 30 seconds!

Most outdoor folks I know get their cards, and get five patients, and flower 18 plants, big as trees, right in their backyard. 18 plants, 2 lbs each..... that's plenty o weed for an outdoor harvest! All using a green house, or hoop house, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts