What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioni Botani

Whats up all??

Just checkin' in to see if anyone has a suggestion for a good mountain town for the future home front..?

I'm thinking somewhere like Nederland...but more land and housing available..same general area, say, no more than 30 min outside Boulder.

I really like Nederland, but the homes are still a bit pricey in that area it seems, I am thinking a litttttle more rural..but only a tad.

Somewhere I can grow my medicine in peace, but still be able to come into town easily..

Anyone help a brother out with some good ole fashioned low down, on the down low?
(From a growers perspective, but of course..)

S

Stankie

Whats up all??

Just checkin' in to see if anyone has a suggestion for a good mountain town for the future home front..?

I'm thinking somewhere like Nederland...but more land and housing available..same general area, say, no more than 30 min outside Boulder.

I really like Nederland, but the homes are still a bit pricey in that area it seems, I am thinking a litttttle more rural..but only a tad.

Somewhere I can grow my medicine in peace, but still be able to come into town easily..

Anyone help a brother out with some good ole fashioned low down, on the down low?

Anywhere within a 30 min drive of Boulder is going to be extra pricey, especially if you are looking for land/'rural' life. Anywhere in the foothills from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs is going to cost you. If you want rural mountain life for cheaper, you have to go a lot further than a 2 hour drive from Denver.

Any town in Colorado you can grow your medicine in peace. We have a constitutional right to our medicine in Colorado. Assuming you don't wave it in other people's faces. Also assuming you follow the rules. They enacted legislation that makes penalties a lot harsher for medical growers who don't follow the rules.

Space Case

Veteran
My own creation...

My own creation...

PDPxHP #3
IMG_0434.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

Space Case

Veteran
Double Purple Doja x Hash Plant?!

Am I on point? Im a big fan of Outlaw's Gorilla Grape, DPDxPurpleUrkle...

Dankkkkk.

Not quite, PDPxHP #3...Purple Durban Poison x Hash Plant...but yes, I'm also a fan of Outlaw's work. Got some Bubba Kush x DPD seeds cracking now....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
http://www.landwatch.com/Boulder-County-Colorado-Land-for-sale/pid/118355336

http://www.landwatch.com/Chaffee-County-Colorado-Land-for-sale/pid/120190669
wheres salida county 70 acres for 89 grand i think i just had a heart attack....i can already see 50 200 gallon smartpots sitting on that hillside...

some nice looking land in CO....does most of the state get snow cover in winter?

how are the gun laws out there in CO....

i really want some good outdoor land but CA is too pricey too crowded and really weak gun laws....

i hear really good things about montana too...

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Whats up all??

I would look up by Fo Co..... I think your more likely to find something " mountain town like " that's within reasonable range of civilization. Otherwise maybe check out Golden area or indian hills or evergreenish.... IDK man, there is ups and downs to everywhere...

wheres salida county 70 acres for 89 grand i think i just had a heart attack....i can already see 50 200 gallon smartpots sitting on that hillside...

some nice looking land in CO....does most of the state get snow cover in winter?

i really want some good outdoor land but CA is too pricey too crowded and really weak gun laws....

HYPOTHETICALLY, What they don't tell you is:

Sure, it's 70 acres, for $89,000 ... but:

1. There's no access. In order to gain access you need to buy easements from your neighbors, if they are willing to sell them. Then you need to build a road!
2. No power. You need to pull power to the property, again, you will need some easements, and money.
3. No water. You will need a well, maybe some water rights, and some prayers that when they drill they hit water quickly. You pay by the foot for the drilling, whether they find water, or NOT!
4. No sewer. You will need a septic tank, leachfield, etc... and maybe some dynamite for blasting a hole in the solid rock that Colorado sits on to make a hole for the septic tank.
5. Yes, it snows throughout the state in the wintertime. It snows in most of the state sometimes in the summer!
6. Anything more than 18 plants in flower will draw scrutiny... you are only allowed 3 per patient, with 5 patients, max, plus 3 for yourself... in flower.

Otherwise, it's a slam dunk! Go for it! :tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn those limits suck...i thoght CO allowed more plants? i guess thats why you gotta run big smartpots.

i guess il stick to cali, i can go up to 99 per script. and yeah im aware of the problems with being offgrid and needing to drill a well. got a quote to drill on some property my dad wanted to buy, freaking 15k to dig a hole.

Yes, Cali is the best place if you have to follow the rules. The thing that sucks about Cali is it's harder to sell the finished product... I think the farther East you are, the easier it gets to get paid. Even in Colorado it's getting tougher and tougher..... I think if I could get out of my current house and get a new mortgage on a different place I'd move to Michigan, it's near where I grew up, so I know lots of peeps, my mom lives there and she's getting old, and it's a Medical State on the way up....... I heard Montana is pretty good, too, but I don't know anyone there.... too bad the banks have decided they shouldn't LOAN ANYONE money anymore.... lucky I got a mortgage at all... I'd never qualify these days......
I can't see growing in a rental house, I know people do, but I'd be sweating the LANDLORD VISIT, constantly.

I can't see growing in a rental house, I know people do, but I'd be sweating the LANDLORD VISIT, constantly.
TELL ME ABOUT IT lol I just got a Secret Jadin 60 For Christmas and have yet to put it up (and had to take my Flowering Tent down) Due to the end of the year Inspection.... Its been a month and a half since we have been waiting for them to do this inspection i think they are trying to surprise us lol but luckly im always prepared

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Landlords

Landlords

The trick is to find the landlord that gives the least shit about his house.
Anyone on CL saying I put XX amount of money into upgrades, new this, new that, ect... AVOID!
Ones without pictures, with shitty spelling, broken this/that (as long as owner has no intention of fixing it), run down driveway/landscaping...Those are the winners.
That says "I am not putting another penny in my property, now where is my rent to pay my mortgage!".
Yeah you may spend a little of your own time and money cleaning the place up, making it look respectable, making it liveable, but you know you won't see the landlord.
And if you do get a hard-ass for a landlord, renters have rights in Colorado. You can break your lease and not pay the full amount left. The Landlord has to actively be searching for tenants, and the shittier the condition of the place (take pictures when you first move in, before you move any of your belongings in) the harder it will be for him to prove that you caused him some financial distress by leaving. He will have to defend why it is such a shithole, prove he has been trying to improve it to make it more rentalble, ect. He will have to prove, to a Judge, why he couldn't rent it out in X mo. "Well, your honor the reason is, as you can see, it is a shithole, I am asking waaayy tooo much for it, and I am a real dick". The judge will say, "Well, good for you, I guess you can write it off on your taxes this year, you blood sucker."
If you have 10 mos left to go on your lease, you aren't stuck, you have options, maybe not the best options, but options. And don't even get me started on how long it takes to evict someone in Colorado, you could get a whole crop in.

@Hotsauce: If you landlord is 1 1/2 mo late on your end-of-year inspection, that could be cause to break your lease. (not suggesting that, but it is possible). Personally I would be calling his ass daily. Usually that goes with the resigning of your lease. If you have already resigned your lease, then that is a good reason to get his ass in there sooner than later, "Dude, I need you to do that inspection, so if you have any problems, we can sort them out now and not later (like when I leave)".

Judges in Colorado hate deadbeat dads and landlords.

If your landlord tries to take too much of your security deposit, or even wants more that the deposit and you know you have a good case (remember there is such a thing as normal wear and tear, that is for the landlord to pay, not you [i.e. if you live in a place for 3 years, even one, it is not you buying him new fucking carpet])...
Threaten you are forced to call your lawyer and sue for 'Punitive Damages', and watch them shut the fuck up! The more of a deadbeat landlord they are, the quicker they react, b/c they have probably been sued for that before.

Can you tell I've had some shitty landlords before.

M

merlot

The whole state pretty much gets snow, lots of times have 6in+ for a month, sometimes it dumps feet, sometimes a couple inches but plenty of snow.

Open carry for pistols, have to get a concealed to conceal... can have a rifle in your vehicle etc.

In most of the the big cities you can't have more then 12 plants. Perhaps counties as well.

Originally Posted by Ioni Botani
Whats up all??

I would look up by Fo Co..... I think your more likely to find something " mountain town like " that's within reasonable range of civilization. Otherwise maybe check out Golden area or indian hills or evergreenish.... IDK man, there is ups and downs to everywhere...

Try finding a home between Boulder and Nederland, should be lower price then living in either, but nice and rural with not many neighbors. Berthoud/Lyons/Longmont are cheaper and relatively close as well.

Chem&M

The trick is to find the landlord that gives the least shit about his house.
Anyone on CL saying I put XX amount of money into upgrades, new this, new that, ect... AVOID!
Ones without pictures, with shitty spelling, broken this/that (as long as owner has no intention of fixing it), run down driveway/landscaping...Those are the winners.
That says "I am not putting another penny in my property, now where is my rent to pay my mortgage!".
Yeah you may spend a little of your own time and money cleaning the place up, making it look respectable, making it liveable, but you know you won't see the landlord.
And if you do get a hard-ass for a landlord, renters have rights in Colorado. You can break your lease and not pay the full amount left. The Landlord has to actively be searching for tenants, and the shittier the condition of the place (take pictures when you first move in, before you move any of your belongings in) the harder it will be for him to prove that you caused him some financial distress by leaving. He will have to defend why it is such a shithole, prove he has been trying to improve it to make it more rentalble, ect. He will have to prove, to a Judge, why he couldn't rent it out in X mo. "Well, your honor the reason is, as you can see, it is a shithole, I am asking waaayy tooo much for it, and I am a real dick". The judge will say, "Well, good for you, I guess you can write it off on your taxes this year, you blood sucker."
If you have 10 mos left to go on your lease, you aren't stuck, you have options, maybe not the best options, but options. And don't even get me started on how long it takes to evict someone in Colorado, you could get a whole crop in.

@Hotsauce: If you landlord is 1 1/2 mo late on your end-of-year inspection, that could be cause to break your lease. (not suggesting that, but it is possible). Personally I would be calling his ass daily. Usually that goes with the resigning of your lease. If you have already resigned your lease, then that is a good reason to get his ass in there sooner than later, "Dude, I need you to do that inspection, so if you have any problems, we can sort them out now and not later (like when I leave)".

Judges in Colorado hate deadbeat dads and landlords.

If your landlord tries to take too much of your security deposit, or even wants more that the deposit and you know you have a good case (remember there is such a thing as normal wear and tear, that is for the landlord to pay, not you [i.e. if you live in a place for 3 years, even one, it is not you buying him new fucking carpet])...
Threaten you are forced to call your lawyer and sue for 'Punitive Damages', and watch them shut the fuck up! The more of a deadbeat landlord they are, the quicker they react, b/c they have probably been sued for that before.

Can you tell I've had some shitty landlords before.

Great post. There is one other alternative, though it's on a case by case basis. According to CO law, if the cops showed up and had a problem, but you were still within your legal limits, the only way they can evict you is if the landlord has no knowledge of the grow.

Now, I'm not saying go tell everyone about your grow. We all know the first rule of grow club, but if you find a nice space and have a cool landlord, it's in your best interest to develop some type of relationship with them and let them know you are a med patient within your state rights. I told mine, but until after I had known her for quite some time. I haven't had a worry about it since..... but I still go to extra lengths to keep the house secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.